Then I made spore solution out of the swabs by rubbing the two swabs together (where there were spores) in sterile water... you would use a SAB or flowhood but I used an oven bag (That’s a whole ‘nother thread lol) and inoculated 4 pf cakes.. 3 of the cakes I birthed to a FC (the 4th I’m keeping invitro to see what it does)
I think my method worked! They all have bi-color and bell shaped caps
They’re solid through and through
They have the PE stem bumps
Here’s the two tubs the caps for the swabs came from
AA+. . PE...
They’re definitely not straight AA+ and definitely not straight PE
I think my method of getting them to cross is just really effective
1. Double swab two varieties on top of each other. The presterilized swabs I have come 2 in each pouch so I just use both at the same time and return them to the same pouch
2. Make a spore solution by rubbing the two swab tips together in sterile water.
I think the big problem with getting crosses is that spores clump and it’s hard to get the two varieties’ spores to germinate with each other but by swabbing on top of each and then rubbing the tips together, it intertwines and meshes the two varieties into the same clumps and they easily mate with each other and that’s why I think I got crosses at every inoc point.
Edited by fahtster, 10 November 2020 - 12:40 AM.