• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#181 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:20 PM

Those caps remind me of baphomets huge globular caps on his lizard king strain.
  • fahtster likes this

#182 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:48 AM

Here’s the 2nd flush of the PE /pf redspore 16qt tub

BADFCC62-D518-4ADD-B916-2D455680AE9D.jpeg 23F7EC04-8CE1-4379-8C82-E6E691F22D82.jpeg 311EB421-BEFD-4ABF-B259-5B1D21AADE60.jpeg

Got some purple spore dropping crosses that I plan on growing out.. pretty sure I’ll get a red spore fruit out of a F2

A8EF629E-B2E0-4C95-BD9E-BF63B390E494.jpeg
F147C8CC-1B25-41D3-A9D1-FF5CE37F911A.jpeg

The PE/crs is going to be spawned in the next couple days

Faht
  • Sidestreet, Baphom3t, bezevo and 2 others like this

#183 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

Bro that is a cool looking mushroom lol.. I like the color of the stem?
  • fahtster likes this

#184 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,627 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:49 PM

Man alive i don't see how it can be this simple. Your theory makes sense with the spore dilution and intertwining the two variety of spores but there still leaves the mating of the 2 monokaryotic hyphae that are almost never compatible. I see in the photos its happening, perhaps different varieties are more compatible then we once thought assuming you can dilute the spores enough so that each variety can germinate side by side........interesting indeed.
  • fahtster, hyphaenation and cujoloki like this

#185 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

I think that the theory here is that perhaps they are much more compatible than we once thought and that dilute spore solution is just a really bad way to get it done. If you look at the first few threads you can see that he is actually literally squashing rubbing together thiusands of spores forcibg them to mingle by rubbing qtips together and ran under water to then create syringes with. I think I remember reading it that way?

Im sure faht can chime in. Like said before also Rusty white is I believe AA+ and CRS which is a mutant strain with red spores. Pastywhyte at shroomery used this same method and he got the AA+ albino look but with orange red spores and the process is documented.. So this is not a one off experiment.

Faht, am I correct in putting these dots together?

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 12 February 2021 - 11:10 AM.

• jrh likes this

#186 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:19 AM

By the way guys I don't know the science behind this whether its scientifically feasible or if it technically should be nigh impossible or just impossibly trumped up odds. I really do not know. But like yiu said also i can see what appears to be genetic crossing.. Also I want to say thank you guys who know more about this for bringing scientific knowledge to the table. I would love to hear everyones theories whether they are either lending credence or the opposite to this experiment or not. I think if we have an open discussion where any and everyone can ask any and all questions we will come to much more breakthroughs or atleast a higher potenntial.

If anyone has anything they can add whether positive or not lets discuss it please!

I personally want to learn you all are my teachers.

#187 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:38 AM

Yeah you got it.. it’s a game of odds.. by putting the spores next to each other on a “grand” scale (although microscopic) in a spore solution and then using all of that spore solution, even if 3 out of 5 monos aren’t compatible, that still leaves thousands that are and some of those are going to put out fruits. Which is why I’m seeing crosses every time I do it, I believe.

It’s definitely the opposite of “diluting” as seen before with crossing, but in the sense that it’s diluting the paired spores out into the solution to grow into a fruiting sub strain, I can see it being said that way

Faht
  • cujoloki likes this

#188 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:47 AM

Right, perfect. Thank you Faht!

Im almost ready to start posting of my own projects I hope to see you visiting time to time!

Much love everybody stay safe stay strong and live long!
  • fahtster likes this

#189 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:44 AM

PE/RW double swab that I made into SS and inoculated 3 coir/brf (won’t ever do non-coir cakes again) cakes and a 4oz rye jar yesterday.. this is the first time I took a PE swab and wetted it with a drop of sterile water and then swiped a print instead of directly from a cap. Wish me luck!

DBB60DE2-EE7D-42FD-B50F-83B1CE046BF6.jpeg

For the coir cake recipe I simply took leftover CV from my bulk recipe and added a 1/2cup of that to 1/4 cup brf per cake.. ez pz

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 14 February 2021 - 05:45 AM.

• jrh likes this

#190 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:42 PM

Bro!!!! No fair!! I was gonna try that with the rusty whyte... Crap!

#191 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:43 PM

Pasty mentioned one time i remember that he would prefer no one use it for crossi g further cuz why? I'm not sure could thibk of a couple reasons so I was really debating once I get to that point about asking him if he minds. I would feel bad having a really awesome cultivator i have looked up to mad at me lol...

#192 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

Sorry for double tripple posting I should just edit my original.

Was thinking tho, it begs the question, does pasty have any right to say to the community " I made this awesome unique strain thats perfect for tracking unique traits if one were to want to do such a thing but please do not dare do it..."

Lol like shit... It really would be perfect to track progress of the technique itself even if we didnt like or keep the cross faht.

#193 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2021 - 03:16 PM

Yeah.. I mean I’m gonna do it. Lol. I’ll give him a heads up if I give it out but I’m the one doing the work and it’s not like I’m trying to cross it with GT or something. Someone else already successfully crossed it with melmak and he didn’t seem it care. I doubt he got permission from those responsible for CRS or AA+. Even if he is mad.. he’ll get over it. Lol. And we’re pals so I think he’d trust me to make responsible decisions

Faht

#194 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:05 PM

Lol right on I figured brotha I really was thinking about this today before I seen your last reply I was already thinking about it all I dont know pasty so I thinking like.. Shit.. Idk.. Is this something that could give me bad karma lol..

Those are good points tho and if your boys its kinda different.

Have you trued eating the RW its quite a different trip for me personally I like using it for meditating when I want to be able to keep easy calm track of what thoughts enter my mind its more body load for me.

Atleast in the half eighth range.. I wonder what it would be like when crossed with PE tho??

Hey
.. That makes me wonder bro are you trying these fruits at all?

That would suck if you threw so.ething down the disposal that was novel in some sort of experiential way other than physical biometric traits but trip wise.. Hmm..

Then again there is so much experiments going on you just wouldnt be able to try them all anyway.
  • fahtster likes this

#195 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:52 PM

I have yet to do the PE/pf redspore but I want to wait til I have a known cross.. I will know for sure soon.. couple weeks. But I did save enough fruits of all these to get doses.. they’re vacuum sealed

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 16 February 2021 - 09:54 PM.

#196 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:54 PM

Nice, good man. You must get rocketed to hyperspace... For science!
  • fahtster likes this

#197 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:21 PM

I’ve got germination on my PE/RW cross attempt jars

E68606AD-A50A-4D89-AC95-6C4E5B5BFDE1.jpeg 05238B17-4B00-40F6-9B0C-82D06BF4ECBB.jpeg

In case anyone and by anyone I mean everyone, is wondering why the rye looks like that, it’s because it’s refurbished rye lol I was in a time crunch when I made these and couldn’t simmer new rye so I took some older jars that I tried doing some inner stem pokes to that didn’t take and boiled the grains for 5 minutes and loaded them a decent amount wet and then re-pc’d them (also did 2 ESS that way) I’ve done this many times and it’s worked great but that’s usually with a clean culture.. these are made with a swab —> SS so my hopes aren’t super high. They weren’t contaminated or anything, just dry. I might get extremely lucky and they’ll colonize clean enough to move on with them but I predict I’ll be top fruiting that jar. Really banking on the cv/brf cakes for these. Worst part is we didn’t end up having to leave at a certain time so I could’ve totally simmered new grain.. oh well.

The new PE/pfrs glc culture cv/brf cakes are almost ready for birthing... there’s a 1/4” spot on the bottom of one of these that still needs to finish (damn tall 1/2 pints), but as you can see they’re already rip roarin and ready to flush. These are gonna look cool flushed out

2EA3DF57-C997-4378-B2E4-BE734FB3F883.jpeg

They’re the same culture that produced this tub

CEAF4573-7D59-4F00-91F0-ED3BD9E306BC.jpeg

Faht
  • Baphom3t, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#198 Sillypj

Sillypj

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:28 AM

Interesting...if you have the time and patience
You could do this on agar and watch closely
For each strain to clamp with each other
Then transfer to a new plate and so on.
Love this thread btw. It is playing the lottery
And it seems you found a way... I remember years
Ago dabbling with this..
  • fahtster likes this

#199 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

PE/crs cross attempt looking interesting.. this is a tester jar. Got a 16qt about to pin. Should be telling

B0B85E95-319C-4A11-BCD6-385E27FDBEFF.jpeg

Faht
  • ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#200 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:45 AM

PE/crs suspected cross today

A53358FF-9756-4DC2-8634-823EFE644AC5.jpeg 39040395-E687-437E-8082-E48925492C1B.jpeg

Faht
  • cujoloki, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!