Faht, I just got germination on pfredspore lizardking maybe AA+ and alakabenzi,. Plus the mystery variety/ suspected oakridge clones are done.
I think I'm gonna get maybe four more varieties going and just try my hand at crossing everything like crazy.
I'll document ofcourse but its gonna be a month before everything is going..
I'm gonna try getting fresh wet sporulation of teo varieties like same day right next to each other and also try one variety wait a week then next variety.
Pastyoureyes I'll check that out as well!
Even if it ain't all good. It's all good enough.
Nice! Yeah it definitely takes a good amount of time but a lot of excitement builds up during the waiting and when you get the results you were looking for, the payoff is great. I know I’m excited to see what you do.
If you look back a few pages I was hear hesitant about making a spore syringe, felt out of practice. Not only was it quite easy but the results were on par with my trusted agar.
Just spawned a tiny tester of AA+/PE, few more finishing up. Waiting on my 1st transfers to get large enough for grain.
Faht, how do you fruit tiny testers?
I was going to see how much room I had for casing(s) after it consolidates. Then fruit in the tupperware or put in a freezer bag with perlite/holes (as needed)
Sounds like you’re finding what I did... swabs aren’t generally as dirty as we think. Letting the swabs dry for a week+ really helps, I think.
What size tester do you have.. is it a jar or small tray? I use ziplocks with perlite like you said, for small jars. I put the jars (2 or 3) in a bigger glad container... the 8 cup ones (they fit nicely inside the 2 gallon bags). then I spoon in wet perlite around the jars and then poke needle holes in the bag starting at the container top edge level, every couple of inches all the way to the top of the bag. I double up the amount of holes at the fruiting surface level like this , ‘ , ‘ , ‘ , ‘ in a band around the whole bag.https://mycotopia.ne...1615235089.jpeghttps://mycotopia.ne...1613945880.jpeg
For larger testers that I use glad containers for, I just use whatever size ziplock they fit into snugly and do the same hole configuration. I think once you make a couple, you’ll figure out that you have a lot of options with ziplocks because of all the sizes they come in... you’ll get ideas. Just gotta keep the rh up and FAE balanced and they’ll fruit no problem. For a little tray like this, https://mycotopia.ne...1615196711.jpeg
, I literally throw some wet perlite into the bottom of a ziplock (I think I used 1 gallon) and sit the tray on top of the perlite and poke holes the same way in the bag.
Here’s an inner stem poke clone that I did of a fruit off another tester jar of PE/crs. I’m pretty sure the cloned fruit was just PE that didn’t have the classic pheno but it’s hard to tell. A couple are petty blobby but then there’s the bigger fruits. There was another medium sized fruit that was dropping spores against the bag that I cut off because I thought the spores looked rusty.. turned out they weren’t and it was just bad lighting in the room I was in lol. These are a head scratcher and I don’t think I’m going to go further with them... I have other PE/crs that are displaying both characteristics more but these testers are so easy to throw together and fruit that it’s worth it just to check out and see what fruits.
For even larger tester (1 quart spawn grows) I love the 2 gallon ziplocks sitting in 8 cup containers that I’m sure you’ve seen.. I’m going to be doing a write up of them as soon as the last few I have fruiting finish up. I recently figured out that if I get a lot of side pins, because of how much bigger the 2 gallon bag is than the sub block, I can simply take the bag out of the 8 cup container (it’s on the outside of the bag and used to just form the sub into a block shape while it colonizes.. there’s a pic a couple posts up actually so you probably do know what I’m talking about lol) and pull the bag away from the sub sides and the fruits will grow normally and it just becomes a block sitting inside a 2 gallon bag and there’s lots of room on all sides. Here’s a pea+ f1 clone I have fruiting rn..
You can see the 2 fruits on the front short side... those are side pins. That’s actually one of the quarts of the revived original pea+ clone that I dried out since last November.. more info on that here https://mycotopia.ne...dpost&p=1479937
Edited by fahtster, 10 April 2021 - 08:54 AM.