• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

Formosahuasca Experiment #1 (11/08/2020)

Purpose

Establish threshold dose by taking a dose I assume will induce no effects, or very minimal effects if there are any.

Materials

- 50g powdered ACRB suspended in 1 qt tap water, acidified with juice of 1 lemon, for 7 days, with daily agitation

- Syrian Rue tea brewed with 1 pint of water, 3.5g seeds; 3x extracted, reduced to 1/2 pint, strained

Process

- 1/2 pint of Syrian Rue tea consumed in one gulp

- 1/2 pint of cold-brewed ACRB consumed, 30min later

- - Struggled to keep it down, it was nasty and gritty

- - Over the course of the next half hour, nausea increased

- - 45 minutes later, very minor visual distortions occurred along with a slight elevation of mood

- - Effects lasted for approximately 2 hours

- - Nausea lasted for the next day and a half

Shulgin Scale: half a plus

Formosahuasca Experiment #2 (11/10/2020)

Purpose

Same as before, but I want to see if I can get any effect from a Syrian Rue tea that's been left to sit.

Materials

- 50g powdered ACRB suspended in 1 qt tap water, acidified with juice of 1 lemon, for 10 days, with daily agitation

- Syrian Rue tea brewed with 1 pint of water, 6g seeds; 4x extracted, 4th extraction was introducing more water, heating it, and then pulling with 1 pint of solution remaining. Unstrained. Put into jar and left to sit in fridge for 4 days.

Process

- 1/2 pint of sitting Syrian Rue tea consumed in one gulp (should be equivalent to 3g Syrian Rue)

- 1/2 pint of cold-brewed ACRB consumed, 30min later

- - Absolutely no effects, not even nausea.

Shulgin Scale: N/A.

Morning Glory Experiment #1 (11/11/2020)

Purpose

To see if I can get an effective CWE of MG. The previous two experiments were minimalist doses; I assumed there would be effects, so I sought the highest, non-effective, dose possible. This is a maximalist experiment. I assume there won't be any effects, so I'm going to try and find the lowest possible dose that induces effects. Because I assume there won't be effects, I'll take a large dose.

Materials

- Dark room

- Coffee grinder

- 1,000 MG seeds

- Peppermint Extract

- Pint jar

Process

- 1,000 MG seeds (37.55g) ground to a fine flour in coffee grinder, in 3x bursts of 15sec, in unlit room

- Transferred flour from grinder into a pint jar filled with unchlorinated drinking water

- Wrapped in shirt and placed into fridge

- Agitated for 1 minute every 15 minutes for an hour

- Filtered 3x through shirt

- 5 drops of peppermint extract introduced to filtered product

- Wrapped in shirt and placed into fridge

- Agitated for 1 minute every 15 minutes for an hour

- Entire pint consumed

Results yet to come, I am posting this as I'm going through the process. I'm currently in the first agitation stage. I will be watching this thread in case anyone has recommendations.

• bezevo, ElPirana and ElrikEriksson like this

#2 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

Future Experiments:

Formosahuasca Experiment #3

Purpose

To find a good, effective, dose of cold-brewed ACRB and freshly brewed Syrian Rue tea.

#3 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 10:48 PM

Hmmm... I regret not adding an acidifying agent to my MG experiment. I'll keep it the way it is now, but future experiments will definitely see me acidifying the water. The experiment is based off tregar's CWE MG recipe and speculation on my part w.r.t. his LSD modification threads. I somehow got it into my head that introducing peppermint extract to the MG CWE might somehow modify the LSA to LSH, but I can't find the portion that gave me this idea.

Edited by xlcor, 11 November 2020 - 10:50 PM.

#4 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:45 AM

Filtering shit through a shirt in the dark is not fun. I managed to recover half a pint, so I'm going to drink half a pint. I think this might be about 500 MG seeds. It looks like chocolate milk. The peppermint extract has been introduced. It smells funky. I'm expecting quite a bit of nausea but I'm not expecting much of a psychedelic experience.

#5 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:15 AM

It's taken about 2 hours but this feels great! I'll post a complete trip report later.

#6 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:39 AM

MORNING GLORY EXPERIMENT #1 TRIP REPORT

This was an unmitigated disaster! I expected no results and instead, I was robbed of my depression!

Very good feeling. I'm not quite baseline, but I'm getting there. I've been in a rut the past two weeks or so. I'm not sure why. I think it's stress, and I think it's specifically due to the fact that I'm not running like I want to be. I can't enjoy my daily runs, I can't lose myself and let my body take over. That's why I especially enjoy psychedelics, it feels like a total mind-body integration. This trip helped me find my love of exercise again, which is an incredible realization to have after this rut. That's what I gained: new feats of body artistry.

As for the feeling, "LSD-like" is as good a description as any. All the same body load, the same uplift in mood, and the same mental clarity. I had minor CEV, minor OEV.

I can not give enough thanks to tregar for his diligent work. His posts were my invitation into the glory of morning glories. I look forward to spending more time understanding this craft. I definitely achieved an inferior product with my inferior methods; I'm amazed by the results.

Edited by xlcor, 12 November 2020 - 10:40 AM.

• cujoloki, ElPirana, ElrikEriksson and 1 other like this

#7 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:37 PM

Smart keeping records.
On the DMT series I would stick with the doses in 'Formosahuasca Experiment #2' for now and try adjusting the timing of dosing. 30 minutes is too long for many [but not all] people. With the right timing you should be getting effects at these doses, assuming good extraction efficacy.
When I started with pharma my first trials were using ACRB decoction at low dose and dosing harmala tea 20 minutes before, then I went through a whole series of tests at 30, 15, 10, 5, 3, 1 minutes and dual dosings. I settled on 3-5 minutes being best for me and when I moved on to refined harmalas and then also refined DMT salts that timing still worked.

Edited by ElrikEriksson, 12 November 2020 - 01:38 PM.

• xlcor likes this

#8 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 02:14 PM

Smart keeping records.
On the DMT series I would stick with the doses in 'Formosahuasca Experiment #2' for now and try adjusting the timing of dosing. 30 minutes is too long for many [but not all] people. With the right timing you should be getting effects at these doses, assuming good extraction efficacy.
When I started with pharma my first trials were using ACRB decoction at low dose and dosing harmala tea 20 minutes before, then I went through a whole series of tests at 30, 15, 10, 5, 3, 1 minutes and dual dosings. I settled on 3-5 minutes being best for me and when I moved on to refined harmalas and then also refined DMT salts that timing still worked.

Good to know, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Any thoughts on the efficacy of doing a Syrian Rue tea and letting it sit in the fridge, mush and all? I'll run Formosahuasca Experiment #3 this Saturday. I chose 30 min as a lead time because of a few reports I found on erowid.

#9 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

Since its so fast I always brewed harmala tea fresh, when I was still using tea. Since its not loaded with tannin the way barks are I'm not sure how long it'd reliably stay good in the fridge.

What I did with ACRB decoction and DMT citrate solution in the past was to put it in a plastic bottle, label it with the identity and the number of ml per gram of ACRB [or ACRB equivalent] and freeze it. Then to dose drop it in a large measuring cup of warm water until all ice was dissolved, mix it, portion out my dose, and re-freeze the rest.

These days I only use refined alkaloid.

• xlcor likes this

#10 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:28 PM

FORMOSAHUASCA EXPERIMENT #3 (11/14/20, 1228 EST)

Purpose

I'm still just trying to find a threshold dose.

(NOTE: It's occurred to me that I might have some residual tryptamine tolerance from LSA Experiment #1. I don't really care, though. I don't. If this doesn't give me some sort of good, interesting, results, or some promise that this methodology is worth anything, I'll be giving up my formosahuasca experiments for a while. Goddamn! I HATE drinking Syrian Rue tea, and I HATE drinking ACRB tea. Peter Gorman can have his high-minded "it tastes bad because you have to seek the teachers at a cost," but holy shit. I might very well switch to LSA bioassays for a while.)

Materials

- 50g powdered ACRB suspended in 1 qt tap water, acidified with juice of 1 lemon, for 14 days, with daily agitation

- Syrian Rue tea brewed with 1 pint of water, 3g seeds; 2x extracted

Process

- Syrian Rue tea consumed in one gulp

- ACRB cold brew consumed in one gulp, within 5 minutes of previous

I'll update this thread as the experience develops.

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#11 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 01:31 PM

oh boy

#12 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:12 PM

:laugh: I suspect 5 minutes was nearer his ideal interval than 30 was.

6,25g should be well above threshold with the right harmala timing.

[With THH predosing on top of it I'd even consider it a full dose, so if you ever include THH remember it'll change the dosing parameters.]

• xlcor likes this

#13 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:57 PM

:laugh: I suspect 5 minutes was nearer his ideal interval than 30 was.

6,25g should be well above threshold with the right harmala timing.

[With THH predosing on top of it I'd even consider it a full dose, so if you ever include THH remember it'll change the dosing parameters.]

Unfortunately there's four variables to track down: acidity of the rue extract, # of rue extractions, the length of the ACRB cold brew, and then dosage timing. However, I'd put good money that it's down to the timing, and for that I thank you friend. You have good knowledge, thank you for sharing it.

#14 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:24 PM

interesting ..  experiments ...some were in my mess i have a bag of syrian rue  ... and some refined  harmelas extracted from  Syrian rue ..i am a hoarder so i lose track of things  ..

QUESTIONS .

has any one done similar experiments with  MHRB ? 

Would an egg white step with  Acacia  tea or MHRB tea get rd of excessive tannin's without reducing to many tryptamines from tea .

your thoughts please

Edited by bezevo, 14 November 2020 - 03:48 PM.

• xlcor likes this

#15 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

Good to read here of a positive outcome with Tregar's method.

I did it 2 times and it definitely is worth trying.

In my case I took 400 seeds but the seed material was not fresh enough I think.

I made acidic solution with tartaric acid but refused to work in a darkened room.

I drank 400 ml of it the result was mild euphoria, mood stimulation, like I could not sleep, but at the same time did not want to sleep because I felt so good, I got mild visuals and daydreaming.

Felt mentally clear and energized the next day. No nausea at all.

I'd love to jump into the other recipes but so far I couldn't manage to get the raw material.

For instance, yopo extraction, making changa using Anadenathera colubrina. Then making a Chaliponga brue combined with Syrian Rue. And for long on my waiting list A/B mescaline extraction.

I hope to get going with one of the methods. We have total lockdown from next Tuesday on in Austria where I live. So I shopped already the stuff I need to get my no contact party going  :biggrin: .

• YoshiTrainer and xlcor like this

#16 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 12:52 AM

variables to track down: acidity of the rue extract

On this one I recently did an experiment. I've been stockpiling rue for years and in pandemic I'm finally extracting all 2,5 kilos so I'm playing with different parameters as I do it.

In a recent test I processed 1/4 kilo of rue with acid [vinegar] and then did an identical extraction without the acid. Including vinegar did not increase yield of extracted alkaloid in the slightest. I also found that 5 gentle simmers of 1/4 kilo seed using mildly alkaline tap water yielded 4,5 litres of tea that was pH 5,9. At this pH 99,99% of the harmaline should be ionized. The harmala seeds, themselves, are acidic enough for the extraction.

Would an egg white step with  Acacia  tea or MHRB tea get rd of excessive tannin's without reducing to many tryptamines from tea .

your thoughts please

I'm vegan so I never did those tests, but the general consensus seems to be that it mildly to moderately reduces potency. This is in accord with the theory, as DMT + tannin produces a poorly soluble DMT tannate [that's what the super-potent ayahuasca sludge is]. Binding tannin and tannates into a protein complex that is then removed would be expected to remove some DMT.

It should remove some harmalas too. I once reacted harmaline+harmine with tannin freshly extracted from Sanguisorba root, this produced a precipitate that I washed and subsequently extracted the harmalas from.

• xlcor likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!