3 replies to this topic

#1 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:33 AM

Hi all,

Not sure where to put this one - mods I apologize if this is in the wrong place. There doesn't seem to be a ton of information that I've been able to come across about this.

I'm a dry herb vaper and I've just completed my first grow (rum runner from Greenpoint). Because it's not combustion and there's a bunch of trikes on the sweet leaves I was supposed to be trimming away, I left them on. I vaped a bit right after the drying stage and it tasted great - actually had a decent high too (amazing moment for my first grow). I notice after about 8 days in cure, the smell isn't as strong and bright, but it's a lot more earthy. 

Just wanted to check in to make sure I didn't do something silly. 

• YoshiTrainer and greenskeeper like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2020 - 11:37 AM

I also notice the character of the aroma changes with curing by becoming more "earthy" or hash-like.

Sounds about right to me.

I only remove the shade leaves and don't bother molesting the buds further with trimming.

The guard leaves will break-off with handling and settle to the bottom of the container. I save all of the "shake" and add it to the bubble hash run when I have enough.

• coorsmikey, YoshiTrainer and Foxdogg like this

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2020 - 01:38 PM

Congratulations on the harvest Foxdogg! What is happening during your cure sounds normal. If you smell mold or ammonia then be concerned!

#4 greenskeeper

greenskeeper

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:50 AM

ah yes, getting high on your own weed for the first time :) :biggrin: :cool:

Enjoy!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!