Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

New research: Morning glory contains 5 stimulating LSD-like drugs, soluble only in wine/alcohol, only sparingly soluble in water.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:33 PM

to answer the question about filtering

before filtering try cold crashing the liquid. put it in the coldest part of your refrigerator and let it sit a couple hours. You'll be surprised how much is willing to settle that quickly when almost freezing.

then filter with paper towel, then cotton ball

works for me on any ground plant material

• tregar and ElPirana like this

#62 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:08 AM

before filtering try cold crashing the liquid. put it in the coldest part of your refrigerator and let it sit a couple hours. You'll be surprised how much is willing to settle that quickly when almost freezing.

Re: "Crashing"

You could also get crazy and - with these small volumes - rig up a vacuum pump composed of a 60cc syringe and some tubing. By gently removing the liquid without disturbing the settled residue - one could avoid filtration all-together.

• tregar likes this

#63 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 10:20 AM

Pharmer said:

That's exactly what I do, orginally planned to edit post #59 and add that in after step #5 as I accidentally left that out.... I leave the debris all sitting at the bottom of tall 1/2 pint jar after sitting in fridge for 20 minutes or however long you choose to let it sit in fridge from 20 minutes to days, but decant off the top portion thru the cotton in funnel to filter. The active alkaloids remain in the polar wine, while the non-polar debris is decanted & filtered out.

Myc with good vacuum filtration tips:

You could also get crazy and - with these small volumes - rig up a vacuum pump composed of a 60cc syringe and some tubing. By gently removing the liquid without disturbing the settled residue - one could avoid filtration all-together.

Here's a pic of nine dollar "wine preservation canister" I use to spray into wine bottle after use, before sealing cork, that way high acetaldehyde sherry wine will last for ages in fridge, as it replaces the oxygen with a blanket layer of non-reactive argon & carbon dioxide, this way the acetaldehyde in the wine will not oxidize to vineger like it normally does in 7 days time, it will stay good for months this way, giving unlimited uses of wine till all gone.

Acetaldehyde boils off out of the wine at room temperature, so keep Sherry wine cold at all times. Acetaldehyde has green apple like odor, and I've even noticed this faint smell given off from fresh off the vine seeds when ground, indicating high levels of acetaldehyde in the seeds, like a ripe fruit smell.

The real question is does LSH reform from leftover LSA in the seeds via aldehyde adduction at the amide nitrogen when the seeds are mixed into high acetaldehyde containing wine for several hours? Psychonautwiki page on "LSA adducts" gives a brief description of this subject with a single reference at bottom: https://m.psychonaut...iki/LSA_adducts

But I believe the 1992 "aldehyde adducts to trytophan analogues" (acetaldehyde is an aldehyde) paper holds the key to understanding how this can theoretically happen definitely at the strongly nucleophilic bottom indole NH group, and perhaps even at the weakly nucleophilic amide nitrogen at top. Reformation is the real question, and hopefully one day scientist like those in the 2016 Polish morning Glory study will examine this: Tryptophan analogues form adducts by cooperative reaction with aldehydes and alcohols or with aldehydes alone: possible role in ethanol toxicity. (nih.gov)

Repost of a few older quotes from as far back as 13 years ago, you can see this goes way back:

69ron: 
Fact: This conversion, when it works, produces an effect that is very different from LSA. Far more like LSD, and stimulating instead of sedating. When it works, the difference is HUGE, not a tiny difference, the experience is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I know the effects of LSA and LSD very well. He has used them many times. He guarantees that when the reaction works, there is NO NOTICEABLE LSA left at all in the experience. It becomes almost identical to an LSD experience at low doses. Totally different from LSA.

Kash: 
Just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil (contains 2mg acetaldehyde per 5 drops) yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

I have tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals.

dmthead420: 
Seems this does do alot more, its alot more refined, clean, less body high all mind high.. i extracted 700 riveas into 100 ml of lemon juice , 50ml water .. that sat 9hrs in the fridge(water stayed the color of lemon juice but smelled like alkaloids) i filtered and added 100ml of sherry wine and that sat 6hours..

A buddy and i sampled 12ml of this and the effect is way different from just eating the seeds or just a simple water extract..

No body feelings AT ALL, not even the normal body buzz.. just a extreme lsd like head and abstract thoughts, better sense of understanding.... Real soon i am def going to try a large dose ..I Feel GreaT...I will no longer do it any other way.....my friend says the same.

Norman here said on 16 September 2019:
Years ago I stumbled across a simple method for dosing HBWR.
Grind the seeds and cover them with white wine, let sit in the fridge for a day or so, shaking occasionally, decant, filter and drink.
No nausea no aches no vasoconstriction.
I am now off alcohol completely so I’m thinking of an alternative method short of a full on extraction.
I’m convinced that something in the wine besides water and alcohol is what makes the trip so clean. I’ve tried twelve percent water alcohol mixes in the past and still had the nasty side effects and at the same time the trip is not as strong.
I’m thinking acetaldehyde and or tartaric acid may be involved or at least a good place to start.
Any thought on what chemically may be going on?

Vecktor:
tregar you have probably rediscovered something that has long been a curiosity, for example on the now defunct blacklight site there was TLC posted of morning glory seed extract treated with methanol, acetaldehyde-methanol or with acetaldehyde-methanol-water, the extract treated with acetaldehyde-methanol showed a clear difference in the alkaloid profile, with a shift to several new non polar spots which couldn't be identified. IIRC Erhlichs was used to develop the plates so these were indole compounds.

Attached Thumbnails

• wine & gas preservation canister.jpg
  • LSA adducts.JPG

Edited by tregar, 28 December 2020 - 12:44 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#64 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 11:02 AM

HaHa! I make wine here at the house and just bought a 3 pack of that very product.

Going to start putting it in every bit of plant product I make from now on.

At $10 a can it looks like one of the best ways a kitchen chemist can spend a buck.

• tregar, Myc and YoshiTrainer like this

#65 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:56 PM

Reposted this from post #40 (bottom of page 2) as I reference this quite a bit to show how the two largest alkaloids in fresh morning glory (penniclavine & LSH) work together using teamwork to hit most of the same receptors LSD hits, along with 5 new ones (5 more adrenal receptors) that LSD does not even target:

Several papers published in the 1960's (see post #24) show claviceps paspali ergot produces not only large amounts of the stimulating LSH but also a handful of other stimulating LSD like alkaloids just like the Mexican morning glory: penniclavine, agroclavine, elymoclavine, chanoclavine. 

Thomas S. Ray, Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome (2010):
hxxp://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019
Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max (off the charts), 0.00=min, X.XX=receptor is hit but we don't have strength data.

LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
 LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
 LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
 LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
 LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
 LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
 LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
 LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
 LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
 LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69 (novelty, newness)
 LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
 LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
 LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
 LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)
 LSD: -A-2D = 0.00, LSH: = 0.00, penniclavine = X.XX, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 0.00, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2d)
 LSD: -A-1A = 0.00, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 0.00, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a1a)
 LSD: -A-1B = 0.00, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 0.00, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a1b)
 LSD: -A-1D = 0.00, LSH: = X.XX, penniclavine = 0.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 0.00, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a1d)

Attached Thumbnails

• penniclavine & LSH two highest alkaloids in morning glory.JPG

• ElPirana and ItBeBasidia like this

#66 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 317 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

Just bought some sherry wine and will probably be doing another voyage soon. This time I will only use sherry wine as the extraction medium and will resist the temptation to chew on the seed mush. I will do all processes in a dark room (red light) like last time.

Surprisingly, sherry wine counts as a food stuff. I found it in the spice aisle at the grocery store. No ID needed either.

Thanks Tregar for all the info! I hope it's ok that I post my dabblings with morning glory and these methods on this thread. .
  • tregar and bezevo like this

#67 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 942 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:35 PM

Just a note - the sherry wine in the spice aisle is the worst sherry in the world that has been salted to make it undrinkable as a beverage. Probably fine for this purpose but don’t count on pouring a glass to wash down your extraction.
  • tregar, Myc and ItBeBasidia like this

#68 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:20 AM

Can't wait to hear your 2nd experience itBeBasidia. Please do report back! Thanks for the advice there Norman. I recently went to pick up another bottle of Sherry wine in the wine isle, but it was all sold out, seems to be very popular. It is advertised as "cooking wine" in the wine isle. That's ok, though I still have plenty in fridge under nitrogen/argon/carbon dioxide gas, has stayed good for several months already as I replace the oxygen after every use with the wine preserver canister gas.

1) When I prepare 300 plus ipomea tricolor heavenly blue seeds into 2 oz of sherry wine high in acetaldehyde (post #59), have experienced highly visual and audial trips with ZERO sedation, indicating there is perhaps adduction of the acetaldehyde from the sherry at the amide nitrogen (LSA adduct theoretically re-formed) reforming the stimulating & psychedelic LSH from any leftover sedating LSA in the seeds. I give comments from four others who also experienced no sedation when preparing seeds in alcohol high in acetaldehyde mixtures just as the Aztecs and Mayans used to do but modern done under RED LED lamp, under low light conditions.

2) At first I was reluctant to believe that LSH could reform from LSA and acetaldehyde (post #63), but perhaps under the correct conditions it is possible (wine kept cold to keep volatile acetaldehyde from boiling off as it does at room temp, along with 3 hours plus of soaking and swirling of seed and wine mixture at least once an hour after extraction). There is a single reference that backs this labile adduct re-formation proposal up if you follow the link in post #63. I will attach the paper here. 69ron used to say "LSH is an adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde. Adducts are very simple to make. You just mix them in solution, that's all."

This resulting adduct is labile or unstable, so it must remain cold, liquid and under acidic conditions at all time, less it decompose back to LSA. I am keeping an open mind about this. Ron69 and I once exchanged messages here not even on this topic, and he discovered on his own without my help whatsoever that he also experienced zero sedation from the properly prepared seed extract, see his comments below. He was so impressed he wrote an 8 page thread on this many years ago, buried many pages back at another forum. This theory is still one of the best kept secrets to this day.

69ron:

I know some of you out there are apt to believe the statements above because you've failed at making LSH and those statements above help you feel better about you're failure. Don't fall victim to that kind of crap. Try it again. Find out what you did wrong. When it works, the difference is HUGE, not a tiny difference, the experience is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. SWIM knows the effects of LSA and LSD very well. He’s used them many times. He guarantees that when the reaction works, there is NO NOTICEABLE LSA left at all in the experience. It becomes almost identical to an LSD experience at low doses. Totally different from LSA.

According to Albert Hofmann (the inventor of LSD), LSH is an adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde. Adducts are very simple to make. You just mix them in solution, that's all.

The effect of adding acetaldehyde is HUGE. SWIM cannot feel any leftover LSA when the process is done right. So, like I said, I think those guys don't know what they're talking about and I believe Hoffman does, and that LSH is an adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde and nothing more. No complex reaction is needed to make it. You just mix the two together and LSH forms. And I believe all of the LSA forms LSH, not just a small amount of it because you cannot feel any of the effects of LSA after this is done right.

When the conversion from LSA to LSH is complete it feels COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The reason some people can't tell the difference is because their conversion failed. It doesn't always works, but when it does, the difference in effects are night and day. No one would ever think the effects of LSH are anything at all like LSA. It's that different.

fastandbulbous (chem wizard from bluelight):

Apparently N-(1-hydroxyethyl)lysergamide (LSH) is an adduct compound formed from lysergamide (lysergic acid amide, LSA/LAA, LA-111) and acetaldehyde. This hints towards the idea that isn't the most stable of compounds, but would be pretty easily formed by the combination of lysergamide (LSA) & acetaldehyde under physiological conditions (ie a way to get much more & better psychedelic activity from any lysergamide extracted from seed sources).

Chemist Peter Webster who spoke at the LSD symposium:

LSH is a labile adduct of ergine (LSA) and acetaldehyde.

3) One last word: this sherry wine extract of the seeds also combines very well with other entheogens, adding new levels of transcendence, enhanced euphoria and visions. It is one of the best music enhancement drugs imho. It is best if you intend to store for more than several days, to introduce wine preservation gases into your creative mini extract container once put away in fridge or freezer, to replace the reactive oxygen with non-reactive gases, this way the acetaldehyde will not decompose to vinegar over a 7 day period, because if this is allowed to happen, any leftover LSA will surely have no chance of labile adduct LSH re-formation. It's a nine dollar wine preservation canister investment that pays for itself many times over.

Stay true to yourself, Love, Peace and Music.

https://www.friskyradio.com/

I hope you and your family are doing well during this covid outbreak. I have lost 4 co-workers at work and my mom recently called me to tell me she has it. Please stay safe. I wear double mask everywhere and sanitize hands often, I have been avoiding the gym since last spring, and only work out at home at least until I get the vaccine in the future.

dragonrider:

Once a mere 30 morning glory seeds were enough to cause an overwhelming OBE on LSD, paired with the most insane visuals and a defragmentation of the mind like i have never experienced ever since. I am convinced that there is a substance in fresh morning glories, and maybe it is LSH or penniclavine, that modulates receptors that are being activated by psychedelics in such a way that it can boost the effects of other psychedelics. And also that LSA has the opposite effect. Unfortunately, my morning glories fell victim of a fungus last year.

downwardsfromzero said:

I'll append a link to my own LSA-acetaldehyde experience, already briefly described here. This was one of the more visual attempts with natural lysergamide-containing seeds. The experience followed a night involving the consumption of a significant amount of brandy, thus there was an incontestable residue of acetaldehyde in my body. I see that brandy is high on the acetaldehyde scale.

All I would add here is that, quite a few years ago, HBWR seeds provided me with a spiritual experience that was most definitely psychedelic.

The prior night I had been drinking brandy. I chewed and swallowed a few seeds largely on a whim, after searing off the hairy coat with a piece of hot charcoal. Soon afterwards I fell asleep. I awoke shortly after sunrise. This was at midsummer so I'd been asleep for three or four hours. It took me a while to work out what was going on because at first I thought it was just a hangover.

The experience proper began only after (induced) vomiting - on what seemed like the advice of the plant itself. The neon-electric zingyness of LSD was all but absent, although there was a fractal overlay with eyes open. The overall feel was more earthy and organic. A wise, stern-but-kind voice within gave me most useful advice for several hours. This also contrasted with the 8 hours solid 'LMAO' that LSD so often provides. The divinatory use of this type of material makes absolute sense.

I count this among the more significant entheogenic experiences of my life.

Attached Thumbnails

• acetaldehyde levels in wines.PNG
  • LSA adducts.JPG
  • Frisky radio -- home of underground music.JPG

Edited by tregar, 20 January 2021 - 03:14 PM.

• Myc likes this

#69 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:59 PM

I used to conduct simple water extraction of the LSA from Heavenly Blues or Pearly Gates and man alive them, and Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose Seeds are the closet thing to LSD i have ever had. Ergot of Rye was actually the main fungus they extracted LSA (the precursor to LSD-25) from to synthesize LSD. Its really scary shit though and cause your extremities to become Gangus. Look up St Anthonys Fire......i think that's what it is called.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

#70 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:12 PM

Here are a few of my other topics in case you are interested:

13,000 views:

Positronic Ayahuasca brewing - Ayahuasca - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus (dmt-nexus.me)

12,000 views:

Receptorome study: how traditional Ayahuasca & snuffs differ from dmt - Ayahuasca - Welcome to the DMT-Nexus (dmt-nexus.me)

High dose Caapi = dream-like visionary with closed eyes - Botanicals - Mycotopia

• Sidestreet and ElPirana like this

#71 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 942 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:40 PM

Words fail me.

#72 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:34 PM

Summary of this entire paper:

Norman, I remember you from the Nexus, you used to be called "Noman" over there. I have not visited there since August of 2020 either.

Page 2 post #40 of link above includes BRAND NEW 2020 receptorome study which compares LSH from the morning glory seeds with LSD, this is the first study of it's kind. It shows LSH to be quite powerful receptorome wise.

LSD chemist Skinner made wine extracts of claviceps paspali ergot (3 page trip report on post #32) that kept their strong activity for many years, have done the same using fresh off vine morning glory seeds. They both contain exact same alkaloid profile when fresh. This is how the ancient Maya and Aztec would extract the seeds, into acidic alcoholic drinks, see link above with pics of this from "The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive plants".

Sherry wine also contains 10mg acetaldehyde per shot glass or 30 ml, and according to the LSA adducts theory from psychonaut.com, there is a high probability that acetaldehyde can adduct onto the amide nitrogen to form LSH from LSA after 3 hours of soaking and stirring once per hour in fridge of sherry wine extraction solution. LSH is a simple adduct of LSA + acetaldehyde, adducts are easy to form.

See the several strong wine extraction seed reports at the end of the linked to paper above, page 4 or post #63. LSH only survives when extracted into acidic solutions, like wine for example (ph=4) else it decomposes to LSA almost immediately in neutral (ph=7) water. Study for this given in above paper, from 2016 Polish morning glory study.

• ElPirana likes this

#73 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 942 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:43 PM

Norman, I remember you from the Nexus, you used to be called "Noman" over there. I have not visited there since August of 2020 either.

Yes, I know who you are.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!