#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,630 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:47 AM

A frien d on Facebook informed me that he had seen some P. cyanescens pinners popping up in the Seattle Arboretum.  After receiving a Google map of the location, I and a friend went to take some photos. We did not pick any but there was a small cluster at this location which took us an hour to find with the Google map.  

Twi unages frin Saturday when Biden was declaredthewinner of the electoral votes. And please no negative comments at me for mentioning that.  I couldnot help  but was quite aware of his win because everyone in the Arboretum was screaming it all around the area where I was at. and as we left that area, the streets were also filled with people shouting that he won. 

So I will never forget where I was when I photographed these two images.  

Because my eyes are bad, I took a lot of photos and 22 were blurred to the max.

I left them where they were and covered them with large Maple leaves.  Although I covered them, they did not look like they would get much bigger.  

There were two clusters.  the first was pinners popping up.

DSCN1236abc.jpg   

This second cluster was close to the ground with stems about 3/4s of an inch to one inch high at the most. I seriously doubt that they will get muchhigher than they are. So I covered them with Maple and left them to the elements.

DSCN1282abc.jpg   

The last three years I have found hardly any at all to photograph. I did see some digging where these were growing. So someone had been in there. 

Each year I see less and less.  No clear cuts for the alder as most are illegal.  Waerhauser does sell shroom permits to three clear cuts of their choosing each fall.  But those are for edible shrooms.  However, going deeper into a cear cur from where they let you in gets you closer to a possible patch of P. pelliculosa as the clear cuts expand that are legal so that the Cedar that is logged out makes way for the alder to pop up on the logging areas that were bulldozed.

mjshroomer / nab if knowledge

• Uncle G, Commienerd, Boebs and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!