• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Akkariacher

Akkariacher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:06 AM

So I believe I am or have approached the dunking stage for one of my half pint brf cakes.
I'm not sure if there's supposed to be that much condensation. But the brf is fully white and is even growing above the vermiculite. I posted some pictures and have linked a short video. I haven't gotten this far before so I'm just wondering if I should wait longer on it or dunk it.

1bfea70fceca599a9d7169c2c20af31a.jpg4ad22de43f1b03d81abf303a14af12b4.jpg7b7eeed42b53b86468ff39217c3e4c55.jpgf9f98bd7584dc50b81f691cf377bfd8f.jpg55f36a9288f969ca627592a45c423a1b.jpg8956c2d97e24c280c10097bb713a3b1a.jpghttp://cloud.tapatal...bcc/1PX70Ix.mp4

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
  • Paradoc likes this

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:08 AM

It's good for a dunk and roll.

Yez yez
  • Akkariacher likes this

#3 Akkariacher

Akkariacher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:18 AM

It's good for a dunk and roll.

Yez yez

Hell yes this is so exciting

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,044 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:35 PM

Looks fully colonized, you could dunk it now, or wait til it pins amd let it run the first flush. Looks like there is plenty of moisture. And dunk after first flush
  • coorsmikey, Arathu and jrh like this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:56 PM

Looks fully colonized, you could dunk it now, or wait til it pins amd let it run the first flush. Looks like there is plenty of moisture. And dunk after first flush

That's what came to my mind too....pins should form soon and then birth that bad boy....dunk after first flush...

Nice looking cake there....

A

Edited by Arathu, 18 November 2020 - 07:57 PM.

• Boebs and Akkariacher like this

#6 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:48 PM

Looks good AKK. It’s a matter of 7-10 days. If you can wait, dunk it. If you want mushys sooner then put into FC. But they do have a whole lot of condensation and will probably start pinning soon.

I just had a bunch of jars pinning and decided to dunk. It’s been about a week and there staring to come together and the pins that were present when dunking were less in comparison to what’s pinning know.

It’s a crap shoot. And IMO comes down to wanting to wait. In this case, dunking and waiting has produced many more pins.

But each way you’ll get mushys. Haha

Good luck!!!

Edited by Choices, 18 November 2020 - 11:49 PM.

• Akkariacher likes this

#7 Akkariacher

Akkariacher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

Looks good AKK. It’s a matter of 7-10 days. If you can wait, dunk it. If you want mushys sooner then put into FC. But they do have a whole lot of condensation and will probably start pinning soon.

I just had a bunch of jars pinning and decided to dunk. It’s been about a week and there staring to come together and the pins that were present when dunking were less in comparison to what’s pinning know.

It’s a crap shoot. And IMO comes down to wanting to wait. In this case, dunking and waiting has produced many more pins.

But each way you’ll get mushys. Haha

Good luck!!!

I did end up dunking the cake and putting it in an fc out of excitement. I have 4 other cakes that are fully white and I am leaving them in the jars until they start to pin. Will they initiate pinning even if they are always in darkness? The closet I have them in has no light so the only time they see light is when I check on them using my little head lamp.

#8 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

You don’t need to leave them in jars till they pin, my MO is once fully colonized (all white) I wait another 4-7 days just to Give it time to colonize anything we can’t see. Then I put in my FC and commence fruiting conditions. And in another 7-10 days Mother Nature does her thing.

Great job man. Can’t wait to see your mushys.

Edited by Choices, 20 November 2020 - 05:46 PM.

• Akkariacher likes this

#9 Akkariacher

Akkariacher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:24 PM

You don’t need to leave them in jars till they pin, my MO is once fully colonized (all white) I wait another 4-7 days just to Give it time to colonize anything we can’t see. Then I put in my FC and commence fruiting conditions. And in another 7-10 days Mother Nature does her thing.

Great job man. Can’t wait to see your mushys.

Good to know. I have been tallying days on the jars since they turned fully white. Once I hit 7 days Im going to dunk and roll. With all of the condensation that forms is it still better to funk for 24 hours?

#10 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 638 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

It’s always good to rehydrate your cakes after full colonization, it aids in larger first flushes. It’s just how i learned/was taught so i stick with it.
  • Akkariacher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!