1 reply to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:17 PM

I was thinking I should remind myself that a focus on the long game is important, especially now.  Consider your 5 year plan, or start with just next week or next month, but look forward, look ahead and see what you would like it to look like.  Consider moves you can make to nudge your life in the direction you want.  You are the director of your movie, you just have to do the screenplay writing, and put the chess pieces to work.  If you dont have plans, you should, or at least you could, and by looking toward the future, hopefully you'll foresee some dangers to look out for, and more importantly you can plot out a step by step roadmap to get to where you want to be in life. 

If you are reading this, that means you have a deep connection to the natural world, you dont mind getting your hands dirty, and you also dont mind a challenge.  In 5 years, you will have done things to push your life in a conscious direction of your choosing, or just flailing around aimlessly like a loose helium balloon, spouting bullshit to get you off the hook, like 'well, everything happens for reason.'  Bullshit. We shape our own lives. 

Admittedly, there is so much beyond our control.  There is also however, a lot that we can do to make things better in our immediate surrounding environment and if you continue to do that, you will see that you are the primary driver of your train, barreling through this town like a steam fucking locomotive on fire.

[Direct Link]

One thing I've been thinking a lot about is that suicide and OD deaths had already driven the American lifespan down for 3 years in a row prior to this pandemic that already killed so many Americans, worse than any other nation.  Now, its even worse of course...but why had it already been happening on such a disturbing scale, and the answer might be a culture/identity crisis we just cannot grasp. 

Who are we, as Americans?  Con men?  Racists?  Mean crusty hateful old oligarchs?  How does the middle class regenerate itself when it has the oligarchy's boots on our necks?  Biden is just a different aspect of the same coin, using the peoples power to the advantage of the 1%.  We wait for crumbs to trickle down from the CARES money, and it never really did, and no one really noticed, no one seems to care.  We will recall soon, that we've seen this re- run before, and the jokes always on us.  Its a got damn pleasure to disconnect from politics after this years selection.  We are not represented...again.  Help is on the way, in the form of more trickle down. 

That means never.  Make your own way.  Carve your own path and end up where you planned to be.  You are endowed with great power and need only draw upon that great power, to do what you choose to do. Thats what I was thinking.  End rant.

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 21 November 2020 - 12:37 PM.

• Juthro, jkdeth and ElPirana like this

#2 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety that seems to be worsening with the political climate in the States. Part of it is the constant barrage of negativity and pitting people against each other, from the media.

Another part is depending on your generation, you see the generations before you work factory jobs, or teach, and afford a home 2 cars and a family. The american dream is dead, and hard work won't get you anywhere. It all comes down to if you are the working class or were already given a silver spoon at birth.

With the internet comes great information and the ability to see the truths about your country. It also comes with a constant barrage of fake news, advertisements, and people doing shit you can never dream of affording. The world is truly becoming more depressing and alienating for a lot.

I've been thinking of my 5 year plan a lot recently, but seems impossible with student loans, and a pandemic.

Edited by rockyfungus, 21 November 2020 - 12:58 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!