#1 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 667 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2020 - 05:14 PM

Hi Mycotopia!

I am testing all my spore syringes on Agar plates, and I was wondering if you guys could tell me how they look. I know some of them have multiple grains in them, my bad.

I did this round using Light Malt Extract, as I didn't have any actual agar yet. I saw a tek in the agar vaults where you are supposed to mix them both together but on the label of the light malt extract bottle it said to add water and PC so I thought it was fine to just use Light Malt Extract only but sources are telling me that was a bad idea. I also bought 8 agar plates from Shroom Supply and used a multi spore syringe on them, hard to tell which is which.  I put around 1 cc of spore solution in the agar plate. I bought some more LME and Agar as well as Peptone for Pan Cyans.

I see some growth on a couple Grain plates, and some growth from LCs, but it's not from one spot expanding outwards like I see on some agar plates. Some plates don't have anything growing in them even after a multi spore injection. What could be wrong with those?

How are these plates looking? They seem to be taking a long time, its been 7 days already, perhaps I should store them in a warmer environment, it gets down to 50F at night.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Edited by Saphroziac, 21 November 2020 - 05:16 PM.

• Arathu likes this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

You got some ugly things going on there (all of us do from time to time) and also PLENTY of prospective cultures. Obviously you'll be needing to make transfers.....

Any of those looking soupy or funky I'd say are contaminated bacterial or the agar isn't right. I'd ditch em personally.....

But I see lots of mycelium starting to grow for sure.....time to up the agar skills and make and pour good batches....you'll need them for transfer's...

You're on your way for sure....

A

#3 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 667 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:13 PM

I threw out most of them except for the ones with grains and have mycelium on them. Time to make new plates. 

Edited by Saphroziac, 22 November 2020 - 07:15 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!