My how fast everything turns around...
I emptied my mini fridge of 9 months of hoarding cultures and took out all the clone plates, leaving 10 plates. One was a recent duplicate. Today I took 4 transfers of my first clone, a B+ from the first grow when I started back last year. It was bacterial and I transferred it to a respectable looking couple of plates. It was a massive flusher I believe because of the bacteria. It went to antibiotic agar today to test the hypothesis. Next was the 4 Arenal Volcano cube clones I was working with last spring 2 transfers each. The are a few generations domesticated, potent, and have a propensity for nipples so I decided they were a good candidate for my first effort at culture improvement. 3 Semperviva clones got 2 transfers each because I have been monkeyfingering instead of whitethumbing none has fruited, though 2 just got cased, fingers crossed. Finally a pan clone from the last tray that went green got 2 transfers and one plate was left alone to grow. I've never had full sized pans yet, just dwarves and pins, but the pins were plentiful so I want that culture.
Then I put each of these 9 cultures to about one cup in half pint jars (half full) of WBS. The plan is to micro grow each of these in one of two fruiting chambers alongside some Gymnopilus experiments. The idea is to use cultures I'm somewhat familiar with to do micro grows now that I have a setup that will facilitate that and work the bugs out of a system I have yet to put together. Hopefully they all come back, but I expect some won't recover well from 3-6 months in the fridge.
THEN I poured a sleeve of 25 plates with a corn syrup/MEA agar with a pinch of coffee grounds and sawdust. They are cooling now. When they are cool and I have the time I am swabbing 3 plates each with:
Pan Cambo var Jambo
Zapotecorum from Australia
Pan Cyan from Texas supposedly an F1
Mexican Chincho Nindo
Semperviva genetics that are new to me
1 plate with my Semperviva spores
And just like that, I emptied my fridge and filled my incubator!