7 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 751 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:16 PM

Years ago, I had access to LSD and then later, access to even better LSD. Ive never really seen how they put the LSD on the blotter, micro dots or even gels that I've seen pictures of lately. I can't imagine someone with a dropper single dosing blotter, is it dipped? Micro dots and gels, do you use a dropper for them?

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,522 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:48 AM

Usually someone teaches you how to do it responsibly. Kind of handed down through an apprenticeship so to speak. No its not done with a dropper lol.

Crystal to blotter [lsd] - Misc. Entheogens - Mycotopia

• PJammer24, Skywatcher, Boebs and 2 others like this

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 751 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:05 PM

That is a great link Mikey, thank you for sharing! Kind of makes me want to test the old hit of blotter I have in the freezer. :)

#4 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 751 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 01:52 PM

So with micro dots or gel pyramids, that I've seen pictures of, they mix the dilute crystal into the powder or gelatin they are using to make these?

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:31 PM

They would add it to their gel mix at the desired concentration. When you are doing things on a big scale like that, you can't individually dose each hit. It's hearsay, but word on the street is that they use the covers from fluorescent lights as the mold for many of the gels... The plastic covering from lights you would find in an office or in different commercial establishments. The pyramids, I dunno, it may just be a different type of cover... Honestly, when you get to scale like some of those guys, they can have whatever they want custom made for use as a mold.

The only time I have eaten microdots was back in the early 2000's when it was scarce. I am pretty sure that the microdots I ate were LSA. I believe that the shortage after Prichard ran into trouble led to people trying to fill the void. The microdots I speak of were likely some type of morning glory seed recipe... This is all a bit of speculation but considering the bubble guys/stomach discomfort I experienced from those bad boys, I am pretty confident of my assessment... Anyone have any thoughts?  

Microdots in general, the ones I speak of above excluded, I suspect are made using raw crystal but again this is just speculation. I would think that the mix is made and then the dots/tabs are pressed out of the mixed material. Owsley's first run through was all done as a solid tablet type microdot... The liquid and the paper came later for he and his crew... Tumeric has been used to press tablets using raw, it was done with the orange sunshine.

#6 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 751 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:51 PM

Thank you PJ, interesting about the alleged light covers being used as molds. An ingenious idea for bulk production. I've never seen gels in real life just lots of pretty pictures. Only had micro dots once. It was from a friend that would follow Jerry Garcia, he was one of the guys w/the shotgun microphones recording the shows. This was around 1995 and supposedly his friend was the maker. He had a bag with a few whole tablets left in it and gave me the broken ones, powder and the bag, easily 3 + hits. When the time came, I took 2, when I started feeling those, downed the rest and licked the bag. :) Best chemical trip ever!!!

Very smart they used turmeric for pressing tablets, inexpensive and mild MAOI.
  • PJammer24 and Boebs like this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:13 PM

Yea, swim used the florescent light covers for the jelly tabs.
Makes a nice perforated sheet.

As for mixing, you need to know the strengths of what you have first off..
Swim used 1000 drips to make roughly 800 jelly tabs.
Tho i always prefer the straight liquid:)
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#8 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 751 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:00 PM

That is such smart thinking, I'm not going to look at fluorescent light covers the same again!

Last time I saw liquid was in a green food coloring dropper bottle, many moons ago.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!