175 replies to this topic

#61 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:31 PM

See how sorry that looks its awesome but I truly wish I knew more about harvesting legit mushrooms to cook. If i felt safer Identifying them it would be game on. I need to learn more about what's safe to eat. I agree its missing mushrooms all day both recipes.

Edited by makinbones69, 09 January 2021 - 10:32 PM.

#62 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Prepping one of the pastures for the incoming cows. So free range beef should be on the menu shortly. I figured I'd share a pic. I'll send some of the cattle once I get setup.c80d30732668766013c39b5a4cf0506f.jpg7c08655ebfa9950b66f59c7fa5be4f0b.jpg
21213b98c2e08432b1771a1d1e0395ef.jpg

Edited by makinbones69, 25 January 2021 - 06:09 PM.

• Juthro, Riza, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#63 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Got 11 of these bad boys today. I'm excited I only own one. But my Latino neighbor needed an area to graze his herd and so we worked some stuff out. Couple red Angus. That one longhorn and the remainder is black Angus. I know they love the space man their little cowbrainss
were blown when they got out the trailer. Lol.14545e0f8cee5f6d0ed17f9a4ca58f96.jpgbbc013c7a1cc056c26e18af5adbff51f.jpg

Edited by makinbones69, 30 January 2021 - 06:13 PM.

• Juthro, Microbe and ElPirana like this

#64 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 648 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:50 PM

Only one thing added that I can say is a definite health improvement
A teaspoon of raw garlic taken with a few drops of virgin olive oil. Morning and night
(You may fart more than usual for a few days until your gut adapts.)

The other two are what we do not eat anymore. Processed wheat of any shape.
Whole wheat, rye and pumpernickel seem not to effect us though.
Second is sugary anything. Especially corn syrups.
Honey and agave sweetners soon became much easier to eat. But it was an adjustment.
I loved chocolate and ice cream but I feel so much better now ill stick to it.

Oh yeah
Somebody mentioned water. Drinking more is definitely an energy booster. Only seem to get
Tired in the afternoon if I get dehydrated
  • ElPirana, FLASHINGROOSTER, rockyfungus and 1 other like this

#65 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2021 - 05:56 PM

I suppose I should thank all the fast food chains for making such shitty dohnuts these days, there is no real incentive for me to want to eat them anymore. Bakery or bust

One thing that has changed in my brain this year is I crave less junk food. When you can make it better yourself for nearly the same price or just get the same thing from a restaurant at a few dollars more it is a pretty easy decision. Those rare mcdondalds visits come out of convenience now rather than desire, the first bite usually wipes away any illusion that it was going to be worth the price. Twelve bucks for a crappy big mac fries and a coke.

Dude at the local burger shack makes em cheaper and ten times better. Here's to hoping he survives this pandemic

• makinbones69 likes this

#66 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:00 PM

New calf. And a turkey call. Figured I'd share. Unfortunately idk how to share a sound clip of the call im working on.2ee3461b16afe6334152cbf7c65454ce.jpg638ce175632cedd0620713c18c471465.jpg
  • ElPirana and rockyfungus like this

#67 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2021 - 06:03 PM

Don't eat that Rooster. Spit it out lol. Although I'm guilty of a donut and a mcdouble from time to time so i feel it..
Thats the best I can do for what the call is sounding like. I'm still figuring it out.http://cloud.tapatal...0211_174122.mp4
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#68 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:44 PM

Some butternut squash and some early girl tomatoes i started from seeds and have been transplanting. I'm excited they are killing it.c9b4c75645c6e74e017eeb80750fdd30.jpge210e6a942d4e5bb750ba742665fb7f7.jpg047ed7b2d7f1f6e8436cc8e7a92d9d3e.jpg
  • ElPirana, rockyfungus and Auhron like this

#69 Auhron

Auhron

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:49 PM

nice work! I'm starting a bunch of my seeds this week.

• ElPirana and makinbones69 like this

#70 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:58 PM

Thanks dude! Best of luck in your sewing.

#71 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:47 PM

So I got alot of pics I share . I want u guys to know my pants legs and boots get covered in shit alot. So even tho I share too much I go through alot of bleach and hours pulling hay delivery from trucks that hit the bog. The Heffer rejected that calf so I penned em and let her realize her nature. S. The black water swamp floods thats why we had to get the tractor. I ramble I share tho. Sorry its long winded.a3e7d0a3bfef720fe1060c24406a6d8e.jpg8454b08f16f92af812a96c932c55fa4a.jpg326d030c674c2ca88066b63f022d2a73.jpg9cd814d0d7545256e096783e75eb8601.jpg
  • Juthro and ElPirana like this

#72 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:49 PM

Prolly the wrong place to post that. Idk whatever my b. This is a good community tho I appreciate ya now.
Thats for piranhas. Ty friend.

That shine gets me my b.
That's what my shine drinking ass wanted to say Piranah.
Sorry it took me so long.
https://youtu.be/TUyxiI-TY3c

https://youtu.be/S2hJLa0T-Sw

That way the hank don't come off honkey. Is decent tho give a gander.
And then that why do I talk so much. The black water roll as I say. And the pics share. Don't be Luscious .
https://youtu.be/_7Ox9N1490Y

Edited by makinbones69, 20 February 2021 - 12:10 AM.

• ElPirana likes this

#73 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,119 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

Prolly the wrong place to post that.Idk whatever my b. This is a good community tho I appreciate ya now.

Damn, looks like it's flooding pretty hard.  Is that your part of the big storms running lately?  No snow/ice, just flooding?   Up here we are just getting more snow, and negative numbers on the thermometer. 

Either way,  good luck with the calf 'bones, wishing you nothing but good things.

#74 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:21 AM

Yeah its flooding here man. Its not normally this much water.

#75 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,152 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:26 PM

Prolly the wrong place to post that. Idk whatever my b. This is a good community tho I appreciate ya now.
Thats for piranhas. Ty friend.
That shine gets me my b.
That's what my shine drinking ass wanted to say Piranah.
Sorry it took me so long. https://youtu.be/TUyxiI-TY3chttps://youtu.be/S2hJLa0T-Sw
That way the hank don't come off honkey. Is decent tho give a gander.
And then that why do I talk so much. The black water roll as I say. And the pics share. Don't be Luscious . https://youtu.be/_7Ox9N1490Y

I took a look at the YouTube videos and afterwards I started singing David Allan Coe songs to my kid, annoyed the hell out of him! lol Good stuff, and thank for sharing the pics makinbones.
  • makinbones69 likes this

#76 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,671 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

Chocolate.. lol
  • rockyfungus likes this

#77 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,152 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:43 PM

Chocolate.. lol

I can understand! I did just buy a couple dark chocolate bars. I like them around 85% or higher sometimes. I just saw one at the store that said it was 100%, I’d never seen that before!

#78 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:50 PM

100% tends to have a bad texture kinda like cacao.

Some even say cacao and fungi have an interesting synergy...I started trying to eat more cacao instead of chocolate. It's bitter as hell and I like black coffee. Gotta mix it with yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, it's not great on it's own. Still prefer that 85-90% range.

#79 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,152 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:59 PM

Some even say cacao and fungi have an interesting synergy...I started trying to eat more cacao instead of chocolate. It's bitter as hell and I like black coffee. Gotta mix it with yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, it's not great on it's own. Still prefer that 85-90% range.

I agree.  I've even tried pure cacao powder, like for baking, and it was not good.  The 85% and low 90% range is good though.  Today it's plain 85% for one bar, and the other is 70% with coconut.

I've tried cacao w/ mush, but I'm not sure I notice any difference.  Now I just eat it when I have the craving.

• Moonless and rockyfungus like this

#80 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

Yes sir I believe it is can be considered a traditional part of the mazapatec natives mushroom ceremonies and the Aztecs used it in all sorts of ceremonies

I found that grinding up the beans and and mixing it in with my coffee is quite pleasurable. Although the dosage of the mixture likely remains too low to see any effects it sure goes down easy. I found that too much cacao turns into a paste and makes it difficult to remove from my coffee pods. Got me thinking next time I should just go old school cowboy coffee method and strain it after

You guy's probably know this but thought I would include a blurb anyway

Cacaco isn’t a strong MAOI, but in sufficient amounts will produce a mild MAOI effect, which is certainly responsible for a part of the synergy between cacao and magic truffles. The MAO inhibitors found within cacao allow more serotonin and neurotransmitters than normal to be circulating around the brain at the same time, increasing the feelings of happiness and joy.

Bear in mind that this will also slow down the onset of your trip, so prepare accordingly. Never combine Cacao with another MAOI, it can make for a highly unpleasant experience. That is partly because of the caffeine, which will hit you much harder

Well according to this recipe I have been short about 40 beans per serving....

To make your own magic mushroom cacao drink you will need to obtain some very high quality raw cacao beans, untreated and with their skin still on. The process is a lot like making an elaborate hot chocolate, but with added mushroom/truffles.

To begin with, you need to make a mushroom tea as a base:

1. Cut up your mushroom/truffles into small pieces. The smaller the better, as it will increase the potential surface area for infusion.

2. Heat up some water so that it is hot, but not quite boiling.

3. Place your truffles in a container and pour in the water.

4. Allow the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes, stirring it up occasionally.

5. Strain the mushroom tea into a cup.

Now that you have the base tea, it’s time to prepare the cacao slur. Don’t expect the taste of a store-bought cacao drink, you will be disappointed. Traditional and raw cacao drinks, specially in these amounts, don’t taste very pleasant, even with much sweetener added. We would say it’s an acquired taste.

1. First, select between 30-50 beans per person. Put them into a larger Ziplock freezer bag, and smash them into pieces with any piece of wood.

2. Empty your smashed beans into a plate or baking tray. Now, take a hair drier on the lowest setting and carefully blow over the beans. The airflow will separate out the light skin but the heavier bean pieces stay on the plate.

3. Take the de-skinned beans and grind them to a fine powder in a coffee grinder. Don’t grind for more than 15 seconds at a time, otherwise too much heat will build up. Better, do 3 or 4 grind until it’s a fine powder.

4. This step is optional, but will improve the tea. After the coffee grinder, the beans won’t be super smooth, so you can further grind them in a manual stone grinder if you have one. After 20 minutes and a lot of elbow grease you should have a pretty fine paste.

5. At this point, your mushroom tea should have cooled down to some 30-40 degrees, which is an ideal temperature to combine the two elements. Mix the mushroom tea and the cacao paste and stir until they are blended.

6. If you can handle the taste, enjoy! Otherwise add your sweetener of choice until it’s palatable, but avoid refined sugar.

It will be a quite a slurry to drink, but surprisingly we haven’t found it to be heavy on the stomach. Within short time you will be well on your way to a cacao enhanced trip - bon voyage!

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 21 February 2021 - 11:07 AM.

• ElPirana, Moonless and makinbones69 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!