175 replies to this topic

#101 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:02 PM

Last of my shit for summer planted today. And some of the squash and radish is going. My tomatoes is what most pleased with. I've trimmed and fed and so far im wrecking it. I usually mess up the maters i wont lie. I'm having a good year. Was more planned out since covid has me away from school.3c23a3c4a0bb47797979f3a10980f94b.jpg7b13a56d3ca7d42e10969b74594e6c40.jpg17846f28ff18dbda53295f19f8df3afb.jpg
  • Juthro, ElPirana, Mycol and 2 others like this

#102 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 02:17 PM

Must be very warm where you are. I am high in the mountains where it is much cooler. I used to live where it was much wetter and lots of clay in the soil so I had to wait till May for the soil to dray out, to use my tiller.

• makinbones69, Mycol and rockyfungus like this

#103 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,082 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:21 PM

Damn, Bones, looking good :)

• makinbones69 likes this

#104 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:44 PM

That is an impressive garden my friend

If I only spent half the time in my life toiling away in video games into something constructive like a garden, I tell ya

#105 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:16 PM

Le growing calf that I almost lost in jan or February. Gonna be a strong heffa.
Not a great pic but that field is big and shitty to drive in and she happened to be close.95bfa3be1ad514f405369eccb590320f.jpg
  • Juthro, ElPirana and rockyfungus like this

#106 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:22 PM

The calf is a black Angus bull and a longhorn mom. For those who may wonder. I got 2 longhorns. Red Angus and black Angus. So when they get their orgy on ur just throwing darts to tell who inseminated who.
The steaks come out good tho. Bahaaa.
  • Juthro likes this

#107 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:36 PM

Some pickles I made from dill herb and cucumbers I harvested. My goal this year is to actually preserve what I grow. So im proud. Thats bread and butter sweet pickle and dill pickle. I should have packed em a bit tighter tho fo sho. Ima learning. Its mostly pickling cucumber. With some burp less I used to fill out the ends of my jars. My other plants are doing well also ill send some of them later or the yield maybe. d4ee00cd623aa9b19d522848f6b9e118.jpgd77ae5f631293d2f9a965ec396c208af.jpg6634d3a7493a472fd9f036d41fe39248.jpg4008c5c5fae691b0a7ec59b37c576d11.jpgf7e7e6ab3010de48e99fee27b6eeece0.jpg991d52e13ef4a572b0eb658bd27b13c5.jpg7cb9fdfd767a9941027485839e665626.jpg80598ddf28056380d4083397685a733d.jpg7a714367cc5a58ffbb710179564886e3.jpg

Edited by makinbones69, 02 June 2021 - 09:42 PM.

• Juthro, ElPirana and rockyfungus like this

#108 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:10 PM

Looking amazing!

I wanted to pickle my veggies this year as well. Looks like all I'm getting is peas though. 

#109 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2021 - 05:31 PM

I plan to go to town with my dehydrator and make some pea snacks. What kinda peas u growing man? I got a few varieties Kentucky wonder and lake blue. Plus 2 more. I'm excited ants ate the shit outta my peas where I had em last year. So I had been relocated where my shit is doing awesome this year.
Thats a few of my Kentucky and lake blues. One row of each. My bush beans aren't strong enuff to warrant a pic. I'll show u one when they are defined.8e28b2ec3a8cd4d991318a551d4ff07e.jpg3c537896e03e91e44fc838d6bc970d64.jpg

Edited by makinbones69, 03 June 2021 - 05:33 PM.

• Juthro and ElPirana like this

#110 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:09 PM

Sun bleached my signs already...Believe these are sugar peas. Have some garden beans as well that don't seem so happy. 

peaaa.JPG

• Juthro, ElPirana and makinbones69 like this

#111 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:28 PM

Nice man them look fukn awesome
U may be surprised is all idk. I honestly haven't been successful growing legumes up until what I showed u pics of this year. So im on a learning curve too. Maybe u will get some action cuz is cool I imagine there.

Edited by makinbones69, 03 June 2021 - 08:31 PM.

#112 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2021 - 08:21 AM

Yeah they can be started with snow on the ground and seem to dig the colder nights. My other beans aren't digging the greenhouse as much. Hopefully I didn't put too many peas in one spot, they love strangling each other. 

Still working on cooling it down I have it from 120F to about 90F on a good day. Figured a  swamp cooler would really cool me down and humidify, but the free one I found had no mechanical parts in it too humidify, it was a fancy AC with a water tank that connected to nothing!

Edited by rockyfungus, 04 June 2021 - 08:21 AM.

#113 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:47 PM

Sooo it turns out if you eat those nice vegetables instead of carbs you lose weight. Been eating all the meat and fat without the carbs and the scale goes down every week.

Down 15 so far in roughly two months

Cool stuff

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 04 June 2021 - 03:47 PM.

• August West and rockyfungus like this

#114 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:47 AM

While I love exercise for exercise. The only way to lose weight is caloric restriction.Difficult to exercise to the point of a calorie deficit. 

I have the opposite problem I'm wasting away and need to learn to eat more calories...Everyones gaining weight during the pandemic and I'm fucking lighter then I was 25+ years ago.

Even something like McD's isn't bad if you cut out the large soda or even fries. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 05 June 2021 - 08:51 AM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#115 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 12:20 PM

I think some skinny people scoff at the idea that genetics do play a role but some people' eating habits are undeniable. There is a guy I work with who eats like garbage and stays super skinny. The dude eats nearly a family bag a day of potato chips a day. I have another friend who literally ate fast food for a few years and he barely gained any weight as well. I don't care what anyone says those two guys genetic make up prevents them from ever looking like the Govenator

Rocky just start drinking beer, eating plenty of chips and candy haha. That might not be the kind of weight your looking to gain though

It is pretty crazy when you add up the calories on a large bag of say doritos.... Damn near half your calories for the day and is a joke of a meal as far as feeling full goes

It really is amazing how little most people know about nutrition, myself included. I blame the marketing industry and poor governmental guidelines over the years for most of that. Most of us think in order to lose weight you have to go to the gym. Like Rocky said it really is as simple as calorie intake. I was talking about this with my friends when I noticed the small difference activity made on the calorie counting app. Going from sedentary to moderate exercise was a measly 2-3 hundred calories. Way easier to not eat that chocolate bar than keeping up a gym schedule. Of course working out provides other health benefits but weight loss is not the main one. You have to work out a ton to be able to work off over eating, like three four hours a day. Anyone who has run on the treadmill can see that weak calorie burn count come at the end. Makes you go ohhh really thats all I burned?

The hard part comes in counting said calories. Even with one of those fancy apps you still seem to miss entering in the information.  It is surprisingly difficult to remember what you ate a day or two ago. I think this keto works for me because it is so restrictive, shuts down the candy man snack attacks I was doing. The snacking is not so easy on this keto so going hungry becomes a bit easier. Or even changing the way you think about food. All of a sudden a salad can be a snack. Yet at the same time I feel like I can cheat. Using plenty of low carb high fat dressing on the salads (RANCH or CAESAR), melting meat and cheese on a baking sheet like pizza toppings when a guy gets a craving for something greasy. Frying cheese in a pan.

I really miss that bun on a cheeseburger though. It makes for a nice cheat treat thats for sure. I feel like homer Simpson dreaming about cheese burgers

Rooster Cheat day

[Direct Link]

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 05 June 2021 - 12:23 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#116 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:51 AM

Did you get the keto flu at all?

I'm trying to moderate my carbs, but I do struggle with seeking out carbs instead of real food. I've tried Keto and very restrictive diets and they work amazing. I always cheat and fall off the wagon.

While I don't believe in  "fast metabolisms" (basal activity?) anymore. I have noticed some drastic differences in the way I eat compared to most people I know. I'm that skinny guy that can eat a big of chips, a candy bar, and a huge soda. That may be my whole meal which is probably worse then overeating. I usually won't have a meal though if  I've been snacking, I just snack all day...Me and the wife can split a meal if we go out into 3-4 meals. Most probably finish that meal.

My brother is visiting and he's trying to eat like my wife and I. He's already lost weight sticking to our snack style. He also was really confused at first how we eat such tiny portions and don't have a huge breakfast.

They say lots of tiny meals > few big meals. 

I never fucking sit still. I pace on the phone, I don't get glued to a TV, I'm constantly on the move and on a day where I don't get outside I probably paced 3-4 miles in my home. If I'm out and about I'm going to either hike another 4-5 miles, or skate 3-4 miles. I am moderately active. I ain't running marathons and sculpting my body, but I am definitely on the low side of calories. (Not so much metabolism as my "resting" rate of activity is higher then the sedentary slobs we've become)

I love beer but my stomach hates it. I try to avoid alcohol due to moderation issues. I smoke too much weed and don't get the munchies either...I could probably gain weight on cookies, but I feel like I'm on the diabetes spectrum (Unless I'm a hummingbird...)

Here in America Regan made ketchup a fucking veggie, we've been lied to about sugar our whole life. We've been forced to eat more sugar as our ingredients get worse...the governments have a lot more to blame then people's food choices. I'd argue the corporations have made us, especially Americans testing grounds for chemicals instead of nutrients...

One thing I want to learn and I guess I need to just spend the money on is a nutritionist. I need to learn to cook/prep better, even when I spend the time and researching and developing meals I know there's a better way to design a menu for my body, mind, and stomach. I bet a lot of us could do really well eliminating most foods from our diet and re-introducing only what is needed. (less sugar, carbs, refined shit, more plants & more humane meat...)

Been playing with some meat replacements too but they aren't quite there yet. They remind me of what meat should be, when I check if I can process red meat I realize how far behind these meats are. Red meat's ever since I developed Lyme's hasn't been digestible. I miss Pho, meatballs, steak, and burgers sooo much

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#117 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:56 AM

Maybe like one night during the first week. I felt strange that first week for sure, maybe a little brain fog... I don't know nothing drastic I guess

Weirdly I have been practicing weekday fasting for years due to being lazy. Skipping breakfast and often lunch due to finishing work at an early time. So I got into the habit of not eating until around 2 in the afternoon. I suspect doing this for years may have allowed me some metabolic flexibility in this regard.

I am not sure even how far into ketosis I have gotten in all this. I tried some old expired test strips and they were of course inconclusive...But I think anyone who cuts out sugar for a couple months would see some weight loss regardless.

Your right about the sitting still part, often some of them always skinny guys do seem to be constantly moving around. Cant sit still types. So there is certainly something to staying active

I don't like to take a dogmatic approach to any diet advice, people have to find what works for them. A guy like yourself found that red meat was not working so cutting it out or reducing was important. A guy like Jordan Peterson had to switch to an all meat diet to get his health issues under control. For the record he said it is awful, eating meat all the time would get old fast.

• ElPirana likes this

#118 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:57 PM

Some honey tomato and more pickles ugh... round 3 im so tired of making pickles. I'm excited to get some tomatoes arriving though. 8a25ada78170c7045979601068eac8ef.jpgf1c0d9836ffd26bbec8deb09d869883d.jpg
  • Juthro, ElPirana and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#119 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,121 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:08 PM

Trying to make some sauerkraut.  I've never tried anything like this before, but seems straight forward enough.  Made up two jars with one large cabbage, now just gotta wait 4-6 weeks.  Supposed to be good for probiotics.

post-158979-0-42177000-1623895311.jpg

post-158979-0-31285700-1623895339.jpg

cabbage.jpg   jars.jpg

• Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#120 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,082 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

I got my wife one of these kit's to make 'krout with, and she loves it.  It lets you use easy to use mason jars. Super easy to clean, and use.   They are also very affordable (IMHO)

• ElPirana and makinbones69 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!