• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:50 PM

Fluoxetine? The wonder drug that works as well as placebo. Read into these chemicals and you'll notice how it kick started psychology from being the laughing stock of the medical community, to something that may have plausible effects. From vibrators to drugs.|

Read about the discovery of serotonin and other neurotransmitters and realize how little they knew as they started pumping people full of prozac...

We've come along way in mental health care, but really haven't made it anywhere.

• cujoloki likes this

#122 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:09 PM

Every medical professional I go to I try to get them to write me a prescription for fly fishing in the mountains permanently.....

Just a little script for fly tying and catch/release trout......coffee made with mountain spring water and an old peculator over the fire..... 

Some healers they are......think I'll just write my own...... ^^^^^^^ Best treatment I could ever ask for...........

A

• cujoloki likes this

#123 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:29 PM

Glad it's working well! You are "replacing" anti-deps for micro dosing then? That's novel. I want to hear how it goes.

No, I'm going off my meds so I can trip.

I can't take SSRIs. I'm on wellbutrin. I'm actually a big fan, but it only does so much. My biggest problems are the insomnia and sleep apnea anyway. The depression and functional impairment won't be fixed until I can sleep well and consistently.

Edited by jrh, 22 February 2021 - 07:35 PM.

#124 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:55 PM

Fluoxetine? The wonder drug that works as well as placebo. Read into these chemicals and you'll notice how it kick started psychology from being the laughing stock of the medical community, to something that may have plausible effects. From vibrators to drugs.|

Read about the discovery of serotonin and other neurotransmitters and realize how little they knew as they started pumping people full of prozac...

We've come along way in mental health care, but really haven't made it anywhere.

Agreed, if the pharmaceutical companies should be made to pay reparations to everyone they have done a disservice to; they would be broke after this.

• Arathu likes this

#125 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:03 PM

Glad it's working well! You are "replacing" anti-deps for micro dosing then? That's novel. I want to hear how it goes.

No, I'm going off my meds so I can trip.

I can't take SSRIs. I'm on wellbutrin. I'm actually a big fan, but it only does so much. My biggest problems are the insomnia and sleep apnea anyway. The depression and functional impairment won't be fixed until I can sleep well and consistently.

Have you tried Valerian root tea or tincture? Melatonin is mostly for kids but works for adults as well. Valerian can be effective for some folks. There are valid studies where chinese medicine can be very effective as well. I research what they use and have been amazed by the results from various remedies i have adopted. Iv heard of wellbutrin though i have never researched it. A overwrite or update of ones neurochemistry should be possible with the sacrament if such intentions are kept clear and made to work by concentrating on said objectives while undergoing the experience. I think this is possible if mentally strong enough. That's a big bite to chew though. Sorry for hijacking the thread i feel this has derailed the thread somewhat. Best wishes friend!

#126 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:40 AM

PXL_20210223_124522991.jpg

@Faht This is what ended up growing in my PE tester jar. Is this normal? PE? Not PE? All of the caps start as a chestnut shape and color and then the first set of pins opened last night.

Edited by jrh, 23 February 2021 - 08:00 AM.

• fahtster likes this

#127 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,042 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:53 AM

That’s definitely interesting. That’s from the swab I sent you? The swab just said “PE” and a date right? If so, that’s definitely what it is... I label them as a make em. How long did they take to start pinning? Are they dropping spores? Could be some kind of reverted pheno.. happened when I did a melmak grow. Were you doing any other cultures at the same time.. possible plate mix up etc

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 23 February 2021 - 10:00 AM.

#128 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:14 AM

PXL_20210223_150000363.jpg

They went into the jar on 1/25, so 3 weeks or so to pin?

These are the only swabs I have so they must have come from you, although that little blue scrawl is the closest thing to a label that I saw. There's always a chance I mixed them up with something else, but you've seen me, I'm Mr Label Maker.

They are dropping spores. I can see them on the stem.

I just did g2g with a pint of the same stuff, and used a syringe to make a LC from the mycelium that had grown up the glass. Maybe in another couple of months or so, I can see if I get the same results. :)

Do those look like anything in particular?

Edit: BTW, no likes today for some reason, so that's why I'm not liking your messages.

Edited by jrh, 23 February 2021 - 10:20 AM.

#129 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:27 AM

I just cased my PE today. So I'll let ya know in a few weeks if mine revert too.

• jrh likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!