They're dead, Jim
Well, I managed to kill my PE tub. The first mush was a side pin and it fully opened up like they're s'posed to. I even took a couple of swabs from it, though I don't know if they're dark because of spores or because I ravaged the gills. After that, the rest of the mushrooms stalled for a day or two, and today they're definitely done for.
I know I never had the FAE dialed in, so I think it was a combination of letting things dry out too much alternated with not enough FAE. Anyway, today I harvested and even this mediocre yield is too much for my dehydrator. I left the lid off the tub after I took that pic 4 hrs ago and the mushies were getting soft by the time I harvested, so I think things were definitely drying out.
I did 3 clones to LC so hopefully one of those is good. I felt bad spraying my biggest remaining mushroom with alcohol while getting the tissue samples but I ended up with more mush than I can handle anyway.
Ahhh, I can smell the drying mush from here. ApeR had that smell too.
Anyway, I have a second 16 qt tub going. It got dried out because of being too close to a fan, so I misted and cased. However, I think drying out then being rehydrated is a pinning trigger, so it started blobbing before I did the second casing last night. I'll see how it ends up.