104 replies to this topic

#101 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:20 AM

Same here, I do one hole on the short side at the highest possible point and two holes of the same size on the long sides at substrate level, no second layer of micropore tape on the lower level tho.

attachicon.gifIMG_20210115_191843_001.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20210115_191849_438.jpg

This box is 33qt and a square, still works with the same concept.

No fan here, not sure about that tbh, might be good for pans and sclerotia species but not necessary for cubes.

Something about unmodded tubs.
I've seen badass grows on shroomery with unmodded tubs and also a mate pretty much reproduced the results by using the same tek.
Definately works.
Something I noticed tho is that unmodded tubs easier contaminate, especially if you go for more than 2 flushs.
Also if you do a thicker toplayer with your bulk, that can also contam before its colonized.
The colonization produces alot of co2 which promotes contaminant growth.

I personally would only spawn jars that look 100% clean and without a toplayer (or only a thin layer) into unmodded tubs.

Also thought about a martha but my room rh would explode into a not manageable area and tubs dont need a weekly cleaning.
Totally agree, might get one in the future for pans. Would connect a dehydrator to the fogger to refill it with the excess room rh

@Moby when I talk about a fan I don't mean a fan in the tub... But one in the room you're growing in certainly helps if there is little airflow in that space. I just use a small USB fan that helps to circulate air in the room. The monos I use are a little bigger at 56L and aside from the second layer of micropore on the lower holes they're basically the same.

#102 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

Nicked, I received my first pin this morning in the tub I was showing.

P.cubensis do not require that much f.a.e I'm sure pan cyans would be the species.

I'll post pictures of the flush once they come in more, kinda hard to photograph albino mushrooms growing off a white backdrop of mycelium but they're there :)

And they wont grow thin or sickly looking either, that would only occur If there was a major (airtight) blockage. Seran wrap is not airtight, it provides enough r.h for self humidifcation of the substrate and enough f.a.e for healthy maturing (p.cubensis)

Cant say it works for other species cause I've yet to cultivate a exotic using the same method that I've used on cubensis for over 10 years.

#103 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:00 AM

Nicked, I received my first pin this morning in the tub I was showing.

P.cubensis do not require that much f.a.e I'm sure pan cyans would be the species.

I'll post pictures of the flush once they come in more, kinda hard to photograph albino mushrooms growing off a white backdrop of mycelium but they're there :)

And they wont grow thin or sickly looking either, that would only occur If there was a major (airtight) blockage. Seran wrap is not airtight, it provides enough r.h for self humidifcation of the substrate and enough f.a.e for healthy maturing (p.cubensis)

Cant say it works for other species cause I've yet to cultivate a exotic using the same method that I've used on cubensis for over 10 years.

I don't doubt that it will work, and yes seran wrap will likely provide enough FAE. I avoid that stuff as much as possible as its not recyclable and is single use. I'd far rather modify some tubs and use them for many grows with minimal single use plastics involved than have to add to the plastic pollution in the world. 

#104 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

I use to work in waste management nicked for a private company doing curbside blue box pick up. I doubt some seran wrap is going to add to the levels of plastics already in a landfill. But even that gets audited.

Anyways, heres a early picture of a patch of gwm coming in, taken this morning. They're popping up all over :)

20210118_113430.jpg
  • Stencill86 likes this

#105 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:49 AM

"I doubt some seran wrap is going to add to the levels of plastic in a landfill"

What a terrible way of thinking. You're one person out of an estimated 7 800 000 000 people in the world with each one of those people generating waste each and every day. Every piece of waste that you generate adds up and contributes to the slow destruction of this planet we live on. We are each responsible for how we treat this planet and every small effort from each individual helps a lot more than you think. 

• rockyfungus likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!