I found these cool little 8oz meal prep containers at the grocery store. Each has 2 shallow 4oz sections, and they seem perfect for agar work. Each section was filled w/ 25ml of agar and PCd after setting.
5 containers were inoculated w/ one drop of EQ spore solution, the other 5 w/ the Redspore, wrapped tightly w/ a 1" strip of plastic wrap, and put in the cupboard to incubate.
Possible Vectors of Contamination:
As per usual, I didn't really follow a tek. Usually I have a good idea of how things are supposed to work, then tailor a solution that fits my needs. Sometimes mistakes are made, and that definitely happened.
My big mistake was using plastic wrap in the PC. The plastic mostly disintegrated, and there was lots of condensation in the containers. When I opened the PC to check on the containers (after the pressure subsided), I quickly re-wrapped them with plastic. While inoculating, I poured off the excess water and wiped the lids w/ some lightly ISO'd paper towels to remove the condensation.
Looking forward to how this progresses.
Edited by HrVanker, 11 December 2020 - 04:17 PM.