Posted 01 April 2021 - 10:19 PM

Moving along nicely!

#62 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:41 PM

The trays and grain pint I cased awhile back are looking good-- there's healthy mycelium now collecting in the grooves, gaps, and pockets between the casing material.

I have had them closed in their containers since the casing, but today I opened them up, gave them each a light misting, and put the lids back on.

I then placed the entire main container into the wet FC, as the humidity in there stays ~90%. I figure that it might be better to stabilize the humidity in the upper range with moist airflow instead of opening them up now and exposing them to the air. I want to see if the moisture in the trays stays good for a few days this way, or if it is still drying out. I'll adjust accordingly.

Here's a pic of the meal prep containers after I sprayed-- the mist reduced the fuzziness of the mycelium a little-- but if you look close you can see it there. I like the way it is going so far with these.

AuckTrays4_9.jpg

I will be casing the two mycobags probably within a week or so-- once I harvest the 4th little flush from my semperviva bag that's in the FC I want to use for these.

Before I case them I will perform a long submersion soak as I did with the trays and grain pint.

:meditate:

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#63 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Looking great coAsTaL, keep it up! I think I'm a few weeks away from casing still but moving along nicely!

#64 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Right on man-- I know everyone says these are nearly impossible to fruit indoors, so I'm very curious about how this will all play out.

So far so good.

:thumbs_up:

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!