• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 04:40 AM

So i have so many questions about this species, i have heard people say that weilii and caerulescens are the same species, however their range of distribution is COMPLETELY different, so how can they be the same thing if weilii is EXCLUSIVELY found in Georgia, and Caerulescens is found in Mexico, as well as several other places in the US.
My next question is a common one for all psilocybes, what is weilii's general potency comparison to cubensis? After seeing some pictures of the bluing reaction that happens when weilii is handled, im assuming their psilocyn content is through the roof and they are probably super bomb when fresh ( have no idea, just speculating)
Next are a couple requests, if anyone has any weilii spores up for a swap, i have pan cyans, will have zapotecorum var australia soon, mexicanas, and tamps.

Also, i have seen one or 2 posts of indoor weilii grows, seemingly done in a pretty mild tek'd setting (maybe moderately advanced) my question is, have any of you guys cultivated weilii indoors? Step by step what did you do? Was it a decent harvest compared to other exotics? Really i appreciate anything new someone can tell me about these guys, they're just so damn mysterious. Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies or input. Have a trippy christmas!(:

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#2 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:08 AM

Q: how can they be the same thing if weilii is EXCLUSIVELY found in Georgia, and Caerulescens is found in Mexico,as well as several other places in the US

A: I am in the heart of weilii country and have hinted them for over 6 years now.  I can say are the mushrooms i find in my spot  could they be Caerulescens? or wilieii I have hound it randomly growing on lawns by accident 2 times never when looking on graass and the spot I was shown is dried up and now i have not ventured for another new spot. BUT I WILL! and when i asked the homeowner the age of the grass and everything matched up to point to weiliii 

Q: My next question is a common one for all psilocybes, what is weilii's general potency comparison to cubensis? After seeing some pictures of the bluing reaction that happens when weilii is handled, im assuming their psilocyn content is through the roof and they are probably super bomb when fresh ( have no idea, just speculating)

A small weilii that takes up 1/4 of your palm is likely to yeild color visions and hard feelings type of fellings being felt high. in a small freshly picked one. Also I have eaten and grown cubes a few times he trip is different. Psilly c is less potent different too You know?

Q Next are a couple requests, if anyone has any weilii spores up for a swap, i have pan cyans, will have zapotecorum var australia soon, mexicanas, and tamps.111

A: Good luck I didn't think it was fiesable to grow a wild print in the sab and my old house was mold city and now i have a flow hoods so I'm kicking myself for not collecting one. I also have a microscope and may have been able to determine weilii vs other

Someone else will  answer this and other questions i answered too : Also, i have seen one or 2 posts of indoor weilii grows, seemingly done in a pretty mild tek'd setting (maybe moderately advanced) my question is, have any of you guys cultivated weilii indoors? Step by step what did you do? Was it a decent harvest compared to other exotics? Really i appreciate anything new someone can tell me about these guys, they're just so damn mysterious. Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies or input. Have a trippy christmas!(:

Edited by groo, 25 December 2020 - 08:16 AM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#3 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,005 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:54 AM

I believe it was a member Allen Rockefeller that did the gentic sequencing showing  they  were the same ... but thats off top my head

BEZ

• Myc, ChocolateStarfish and coAsTal like this

#4 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 06:51 PM

Then why do their range differ so much? Are they just different "strains" of the same species?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#5 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:33 PM

To understand this we must look at lemurs in madigascar.https://link.springe...764-008-9317-y 

Theres Short lemurs tall lemurs, Vegetarian lemurs mostly carnivorous lemur. Ghost and ninja lemurs truck driver lemurs you get the point

Cyanassence style wood lovers had to slightly evolve to get down with this climate range. So when it came from which one was first.

Are there other cyanessence type species in tenseness louisiana?, Louisiana soon to be named something similar and confuse ppl more? 

They are obviously evolved wood lovers not to terribly long ago separated

So whats the point? Leemurs all taste good you can eat them all. Mushrooms are tasty too.

https://en.wikipedia...silocybe_weilii

But at the end of the day if we are looking at a cyan someone brought and magicly it lived and changed over 300 years. Very cool! I wish someone would answer this definitively or email the namer and get a clarifying response anyone brave enough to write a leter to paul? Would he read it. Himself? I hear hes like the president over there.. I have been asking the same question since 2014

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#6 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,005 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:05 PM

PAUL  never responds  ...you cam PM  Allen Rockefeller here on mycotopia and usually he will respond seems like nice guy . hes a serious scientist /mycologist .

i recommend  Allen's lecture vids or even better expedition vids in Mexico on You Tube

but the answer to this question seems simple  Caerulescens grows in Mexico and it grows in southern U.S.   just like cubes grow iin both those places ... or cows grow in both of those places ....hummm... 

cows taste good

Edited by bezevo, 25 December 2020 - 11:12 PM.

• sandman and ChocolateStarfish like this

#7 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:21 AM

I am 100 precent sure Paul would respond, but it would have be something of a sufficient magnitude to peak his personal interest. I have an idea of what that might be. But am not ready. Also legalization will take place before i am likely to get that idea off the ground and if mushrooms are legal my idea wouldn't matter another hint, Paul would be able to help psilocybes which he NEVER does and says he will not. if anyone is interested pm me ill let you know what i might get his attention. But Is also kinda silly idea.

Whats and idea Paul would respond to

Something related to the thing psilocybes 100 precent publicly said he would never respond to,

The legaliaztion of mushrooms no longer needs helo from him after that.

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#8 groo

groo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:09 AM

He has not responded. And my email was from the university and seemed super scholarly. Kind of bummed he is too big a hot shot to even have a slave girl make a response.

• sandman likes this

#9 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,005 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

i am 100 % sure Paul won't respond .heh ...  hell Alan R was  asking for volunteers to go on one of his expeditions in Mexico last year ...  you would have  paid your own expenses but how cool is that ..

PAUL would charged you thousands   $ $ and thousands of Dollars $.  

Edited by bezevo, 17 February 2021 - 01:11 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!