#21 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,869 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2021 - 01:52 PM

man, i came into this thread hoping to learn a little, we have delta-8 all over the place here and i have never understood what the draw was.

i'm still a bit confused, i guessing it gets ya high like delta-9 but was assuming it was more of a CBD like product. might hafta try some eh

• Sidestreet and coorsmikey like this

#22 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:49 AM

It gets you high.  It's actually pretty crazy that you can buy it in so many places.  It's almost like the authorities have thrown up their hands.  When so much of the country is moving towards legalization, it doesn't make sense for lots of lawmakers to go out of their way to criminalize a piece of it.  Of course, some states still have, showing their steadfast determination to be douches about cannabis.

It's worth poking around for some reviews of different products.  I bought some distillate and had some gummies that just seem to give me a balloon head the next day.  The good stuff gets me real high and I feel fine in the morning.

Edited by Sidestreet, 15 November 2021 - 04:51 AM.

• TVCasualty and wharfrat like this

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:44 PM

Upon further reflection, this stuff seems to work well as a way to quit getting high if that's something you want or need to do.

After a week of only consuming delta-8 because of legal and logistical issues I noticed that my brain felt a bit like I hadn't consumed any in a while (clearer), and getting to sleep was no problem. Delta-8 certainly works, but it's ...different.

It might be able to be used like the patch or gum or whatever for stopping tobacco. Granted, THC isn't addictive in a physical sense but quitting it altogether after consuming it regularly for a long time tends to be really annoying for a while.

• Sidestreet, Juthro and rockyfungus like this

#24 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:00 PM

I’m intrigued now. CBD has no effect and was too similar to decaffeinated coffee. Terrible taste.

Too bad I’ve yet to see it in a dispensary or headshop.

Maybe I’ll browse the web

#25 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Blackstar

• VIP
  • 865 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:56 PM

I've tried it a few times from different companies and I honestly can't say I noticed anything.
My wife has told me she likes it and she notices a change.

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:06 AM

I've tried it a few times from different companies and I honestly can't say I noticed anything.
My wife has told me she likes it and she notices a change.

It's odd that way. It seems to take more to "get there," and takes longer for the effects to kick in. That's made me wonder if it was doing anything at all, like it's right on the threshold between working unambiguously well (which would probably have gotten it banned everywhere by now) and being more like a placebo.

IMO it's not placebo but it's not a true substitute, either. It's good enough so long as you remembered to bring enough.

#27 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,420 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:55 AM

i bought a cpl bottles of delta 8 tincture ..  i liked it . i put it in my coffee .

#28 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2021 - 04:13 AM

It's odd that way. It seems to take more to "get there," and takes longer for the effects to kick in. That's made me wonder if it was doing anything at all, like it's right on the threshold between working unambiguously well (which would probably have gotten it banned everywhere by now) and being more like a placebo.

IMO it's not placebo but it's not a true substitute, either. It's good enough so long as you remembered to bring enough.

It's quite a bit less potent by weight, so if you eat x mg of THC edibles, you will need x+y mg D8THC to get to a similar space.

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!