I have 2 "micro tubs" (?) that were made from BRF cakes and coir. The BRF cakes were not dunked, just mixed with straight coir that was hydrated to field capacity. They've been colonizing for 10 days (foil on top with slits covered with micropore tape) and today I opened them up and this is what I have.
They seem bone dry to me. One has a good mushroom smell. The other is neutral, maybe it's too dry to have much of a smell?
I don't know if that's cobweb mold on top or cube mycelium.
I'm not sure if or how I should hydrate these.
I'm not sure if I should case and if so what to use.
Any/all advice is appreciated.
PS My coir is very wiry, not soil-like at all. This is what I used. Is there a different coir that would be better?