46 replies to this topic

#21 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 808 posts

Donator

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:38 PM

@WoodenMushroom, grow those variants of cubes.

• WoodenMushroom likes this

#22 WoodenMushroom

WoodenMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:54 PM

@Baphom3t yes mate i like it! Stop over thinking it and just do it! The spore vendors are due to open tomorrow so i will be ordering some more spore syringes. I made my BRF yesterday and i have it stored ready to make my cakes when the spores arrive. I like to have it half ground so i have a mix of fine powder and some chunks in there too. I have 4ml of GT in the fridge but it has been there maybes 14 month. Ive got some agar agar and dextrose coming and im going to use peacefrogs recipe with the instant mashed potatoe and have a go at some agar work. You think there is hope in that 14 month old syringe?
  • Baphom3t likes this

#23 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:05 PM

If you have a lot of wood scraps, sawdust by trade. If it's not treated and hardwood. Look into the woodlovers.

I've grown a ton of different cube strains they are very similar in colonization, fruiting time, and whatever else you wanna compare (visuals, mysticism, etc).
Sure some take a few days to a week longer at various stages, but if you play with one strain that can all be tinkered with. Sure some of my cubes are slower compared to others, and I definitely know the slower colonizers are stronger.

But when you need 6-7+ grams of any cubensis to get anywhere near a mystical experience, it's not the strain!

If you're looking for that special cube, either spend a ton of time isolating one strain. Or just move on to the real mushrooms all the shamans used, cube is considered bottom of the barrel.

Edited by rockyfungus, 31 December 2020 - 07:05 PM.

• Arathu, Baphom3t and WoodenMushroom like this

#24 WoodenMushroom

WoodenMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:15 PM

@rockyfungus Happy New Year! Is there any magic wood lovers? I thought they were all edible and medicinal.
Woah im not needing 6 or 7 grams just yet. Im still yet to go for the heroic 5g dose! I mainly microdose but ive done a couple of 3g doses which were pretty much close your eyes and enjoy the pretty patterns.
Bottom of the barrel?? So whats the next level up cyans?? How would you stack the league table so to speak?

#25 WoodenMushroom

WoodenMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

And Happy New Year to everyone else here! Thanks for all your input. I wish a brilliant 2021 for all of you!
  • Baphom3t likes this

#26 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:28 PM

Wooden mushroom

You're best chances of cultivating p.cubensis is on brf cakes, seeing as you're brand new. Dont bother with woodchips or you'll fail plus p.cubensis are not intended to fruit off them although as you know they can it's just not a optimum substrate to grow them on.

Just looking out for your best interests.
  • Baphom3t, WoodenMushroom and rockyfungus like this

#27 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 10:42 PM

Can't find the article in my books now.

From what I recall psilocybe caerulescens was the go to. They also prefered P. Mexicana, and I believe zaportecorum.

There was one psilocybin mushroom that they considered "the judge", meant for those really difficult times in your life. Usually kicked your ass.

You can google around trying to find what mushrooms the maztapecs or aztecs preferred.

Woodlover psilocybes should be an easy google. If you need to ask, you aren't ready.

• WoodenMushroom likes this

#28 WoodenMushroom

WoodenMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:29 AM

@FunG
@rockyfungus

Yeah definitley. I know what you guys are saying. Thats what im going to. Stick with P.Cubensis. BRF cakes. lve already made the flour gonna order the spores today. I just had these questions and was curious to get the answers. Cheers for helping me out! Im going to post pics and stuff on another thread if you guys see it feel free to comment on your thoughts. Thanks again! WoodenMushroom!

#29 WoodenMushroom

WoodenMushroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:29 AM

@FunG
@rockyfungus

Yeah definitley. I know what you guys are saying. Thats what im going to. Stick with P.Cubensis. BRF cakes. lve already made the flour gonna order the spores today. I just had these questions and was curious to get the answers. Cheers for helping me out! Im going to post pics and stuff on another thread if you guys see it feel free to comment on your thoughts. Thanks again! WoodenMushroom!
  • peacefrog and rockyfungus like this

#30 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:38 AM

But a cubensis is a cubensis don't overthink it. Over half of the names are just bullshit to get you to spend more money on spores.

Although a cube is a cube they all have subtle differences IMO. GT's don't put me to the floor like Cambo's or Transkei.
GT doesn't feel spiritual like most Mexican and Asian variants do. Although they grow the same way, their environments create the subtle difference simply from growing in different places on earth. The soil in Central America is not the same soil that's in Thailand. The soil in Thailand is not the same as the southern gulf coast and so on. Cubes grow in Hawaii and that soil is different than the soil that's on the mainland in bumfuck Indiana.

actually no, cubes do not grow in hawaii. That is a complete marketing ploy. Hawaii is only native to a bunch of psilocybin producing panaeolus species, but no cubes have ever been found in the wild there... so any time you see something marketed as hawaiian cubensis, it is a marketing ploy to make you think it is a new kind of cube for you to collect. I am not saying there aren't different cube that have different properties, because i personally think penis envy uncut is very different compared to other cubensis (though it is really a mutation/hybrid so it has obvious differences) but for the most part, most cubensis are the same, and are rarely advertised with their true location of discovery from distributors. 

#31 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

• VIP
  • 808 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:25 AM

actually no, cubes do not grow in hawaii. That is a complete marketing ploy. Hawaii is only native to a bunch of psilocybin producing panaeolus species, but no cubes have ever been found in the wild there... so any time you see something marketed as hawaiian cubensis, it is a marketing ploy to make you think it is a new kind of cube for you to collect. I am not saying there aren't different cube that have different properties, because i personally think penis envy uncut is very different compared to other cubensis (though it is really a mutation/hybrid so it has obvious differences) but for the most part, most cubensis are the same, and are rarely advertised with their true location of discovery from distributors. 

Edit: yes they do if you grow them indoors. :tongue:

Edited by Baphom3t, 28 January 2021 - 01:17 PM.

• FunG likes this

#32 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:33 PM

P.cubensis will grow anywhere in the world where the temperatures are favorable for growth.

I found wild p.cubensis growing out of horse dung that I was gathering with a friend for my own p.cubensis grow, and im in eastern canada.

Another time while using a fan to dry a few pounds over the period of days not long after they began popping up outside in the cracks in the driveway, I shit you not.

Again, if the conditions are right p.cubensis will grow anywhere..

So to say p.cubensis dont grow in Hawaii would be incorrect cause I guarantee you Hawaii has them in the wild.

#33 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

• VIP
  • 808 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

P.cubensis will grow anywhere in the world where the temperatures are favorable for growth.

I found wild p.cubensis growing out of horse dung that I was gathering with a friend for my own p.cubensis grow, and im in eastern canada.

Another time while using a fan to dry a few pounds over the period of days not long after they began popping up outside in the cracks in the driveway, I shit you not.

Again, if the conditions are right p.cubensis will grow anywhere..

So to say p.cubensis dont grow in Hawaii would be incorrect cause I guarantee you Hawaii has them in the wild.

@FunG, read through this thread --> https://mycotopia.ne...-for-mushrooms/
Alan Rockefeller and mjshroomer both state no known cubensis grow there naturally.
mjshroomer states, "Five speices of Copelandia in Hawaii, And Panaeolus subbalteatus and Amanita muscaria." ---> https://mycotopia.ne...ms/#entry493867

I wish the links worked in mjshroomer's post. It would be beneficial for the community to clear up any misinformation.
But, in reality cubes can and do grow in Hawaii if you grow them indoors, other than that, mother nature there produces a different species of psilocybe. :smile:

Edited by Baphom3t, 28 January 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#34 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:04 PM

Just because Alan Rockefeller and mjshroomer never stumbled across them while surveying I highly doubt that they dont grow somewhere deep in the bush of the island.

The climate is perfect for psilocybe cubensis and the chances that if someone was cultivating them in their home that the spores would easily establish themselves a colony somewhere outside is extraordinarily high. If it happened to me here in canada during the summer months then it would happen there too.

This is why p.cubensis spores are illegal in some states and countries. If they make it into their eco system they wreak hell on them by growing everywhere wildly....there was a case in Australia awhile back where they had to begin combating the wild cubensis.

I'd hate to be the fool not knowing importation laws and having sent another like minded fool a spore print to the land of oz lol .... maybe his or her conciousness troubles them knowing they were involved in act of eco logical terrorism mwuhahaha!

#35 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

The cubensis in Australia was threatening the environment exactly how?  Colonizing all the loose feces?

• rockyfungus likes this

#36 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:36 PM

What a nice problem to have! I've lived in a subtropical spot and jumped in tons of pastures in my youth (cow and horse). A lot produced cubes, but not all did. Among a ton of other fruits I didn't care to learn.

Here in a very arid/desert climate even with a huge pile of poo I never got cubes/pans to happen (dumped tons of spawn/agar in the pile). They happen from old bulk buried and gently cased with hay/soil.

#37 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,112 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:38 PM

This is why p.cubensis spores are illegal in some states and countries. If they make it into their eco system they wreak hell on them by growing everywhere wildly....there was a case in Australia awhile back where they had to begin combating the wild cubensis.

Do you have anything but "Because FunG Says So" to support any of these statements? Can you perhaps even look up what the laws say for the states and countries you state spores are illegal?

For example here is a quote from California's Law.....

HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE - HSC
DIVISION 10. UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT [11000 - 11651]   ( Division 10 repealed and added by Stats. 1972, Ch. 1407. )

CHAPTER 6. Offenses and Penalties [11350 - 11392]   ( Chapter 6 added by Stats. 1972, Ch. 1407. )

ARTICLE 7. Mushrooms [11390 - 11392]   ( Article 7 added by Stats. 1985, Ch. 1264, Sec. 2. )

Except as otherwise authorized by law, every person who, with intent to produce a controlled substance specified in paragraph (18) or (19) of subdivision (d) of Section 11054, cultivates any spores or mycelium capable of producing mushrooms or other material which contains such a controlled substance shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or in the state prison.

(Added by Stats. 1985, Ch. 1264, Sec. 2.)

Can you produce anything at all besides your guaranteed word of where you come up with this stuff?

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.48.17 PM.png

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 January 2021 - 06:49 PM.

#38 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Spores were illegal in ca up until recently when they amended the law.

Spores are illegal in Australia and New Zealand as far as the last time I checked the horticultural/agar cultural laws of those two islands.

And I theres still a couple states where they're illegal. But that might have changed over night.

Right from google

A few jurisdictions (such as the US states of California, Georgia and Idaho) have specifically prohibited the sale and possession of psilocybin mushroomspores

Edited by FunG, 28 January 2021 - 07:34 PM.

#39 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

Pretty sure all of California considers psilocybin spores/fruits illegal. Oakland may be the only county that decriminalized it. Still illegal though.

#40 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,112 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:29 PM

Spores were illegal in ca up until recently when they amended the law.

Spores are illegal in Australia and New Zealand as far as the last time I checked the horticultural/agar cultural laws of those two islands.

And I theres still a couple states where they're illegal. But that might have changed over night.

Right from google

A few jurisdictions (such as the US states of California, Georgia and Idaho) have specifically prohibited the sale and possession of psilocybin mushroomspores

The quote I posted from CA supports the "Why" they are illegal and that has nothing to do with Ca being worried that an invasive cube spore is going to take over and wipe out the habitat. Can you produce anything that supports you claims as fact? "Right From Google" doesn't count lol. The things you claim as fact by your wording are rarely ever backed up and most of the time readers cannot find evidence to help support your claims. Which could be totally avoided by you saying that " You find it hard to believe that Cubensis grows naturally in Hawaii despite the lack of any documented findings to support your belief. Or her are some of my pictures of and actual cubensis growing in the cracks of my driveway to support your statement of Facts that by blowing spores out your window resulted in Cubes growing just a few days later.

You are just stating what you believe as facts and I am asking for you to provide something to support that you aren't just making this stuff up. Like for example, I just searched for whether magic mushroom spores are illegal in Australia, I can find that psilocybin containing substance are illegal. I cannot find anything to support your claims. If it has changed overnight there should still be something available that supports what you found "The last time you checked" Can you at least provide some outdated but credible evidence that you aren't making this stuff up and expecting naive neophytes to just take your word as if it is fact. Or if not, and this is not the first time that we have talked about this, can you please word your posts as your opinion, belief or not containing and facts that can be backed up? Nobody can disprove your beliefs or opinions but rather they can provide evidence that you opinions are not in line with fact that cannot be disproven. If you continue presenting ideas as facts and they can be disproven the you are going "Bad Info" which is in violation of the board rules.

Can you at least show me in the actual Law quoted here for Idaho what makes spores illegal? I have read it all over but have yet to see any documentation that explains why people claim spores are illegal in Idaho. California clearly states that the "intent" makes them illegal. I cannot find "intent" for Idaho but do see that any container of said alkaloids is illegal and if spores have no measurable alkaloids then they are not illegal. Maybe you have info I can find that you can share to help sway my opinion?

(d)  Hallucinogenic substances. Any material, compound, mixture or preparation which contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances, their salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation (for purposes of this paragraph only, the term "isomer" includes the optical, position and geometric isomers):

(1) Dimethoxyphenethylamine, or any compound not specifically excepted or listed in another schedule that can be formed from dimethoxyphenethylamine by replacement of one (1) or more hydrogen atoms with another atom(s), functional group(s) or substructure(s) including, but not limited to, compounds such as DOB, DOC, 2C-B, 25B-NBOMe;
(2)  Methoxyamphetamine or any compound not specifically excepted or listed in another schedule that can be formed from methoxyamphetamine by replacement of one (1) or more hydrogen atoms with another atom(s), functional group(s) or substructure(s) including, but not limited to, compounds such as PMA and DOM;
(3)  5-methoxy-3,4-methylenedioxy-amphetamine;
(4)  5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine;
(5)  Amphetamine or methamphetamine with a halogen substitution on the benzyl ring, including compounds such as fluorinated amphetamine and fluorinated methamphetamine;
(6)  3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine;
(7)  3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA);
(8) 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-ethylamphetamine (also known as N-ethyl-alpha-methyl-3,4 (methylenedioxy) phenethylamine, and N-ethyl MDA, MDE, MDEA);
(9)  N-hydroxy-3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (also known as N-hydroxy-alpha-methyl-3,4(methylenedioxy) phenethylamine, and N-hydroxy MDA);
(10) 3,4,5-trimethoxy amphetamine;
(11) 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (also known as 5-methoxy-3-2[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]indole and 5-MeO-DMT);
(12) Alpha-ethyltryptamine (some other names: etryptamine, 3-(2-aminobutyl) indole);
(13) Alpha-methyltryptamine;
(14) Bufotenine;
(15) Diethyltryptamine (DET);
(16) Dimethyltryptamine (DMT);
(17) Ibogaine;
(18) Lysergic acid diethylamide;
(19) Marihuana;
(20) Mescaline;
(21) Parahexyl;
(22) Peyote;
(23) N-ethyl-3-piperidyl benzilate;
(24) N-methyl-3-piperidyl benzilate;
(25) Psilocybin;
(26) Psilocyn;

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 January 2021 - 08:40 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!