• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

For fuck sake I'm not reading all that coorsmikey.

Yea, I did find p.cubensis growing off a pile of horse shit at a stable my friend and I went collecting at. It was during the warmer months when we discovered them here in eastern ontario.

And yes, I did have psilocybe cubensis sprout up from between the cracks in a driveway and it wasnt a few days more like a few months when the temperatures were permitting and given the sheer amount of spores getting pumped outside by a fan would have been no different had I used a super soaker to start them out with. You can grow p.cubensis outdoors here between July 15th and August 15th no problem. That's there prime time in the wild.

And the article I posted was the legality of psilocybe cubensis spores in ca, ga and Ohio well known anti spore states.

And yes I know for a fact they're forbidden in Australia and New Zealand and yes the reason for them being illegal is to do with the horticultural laws and argarculturala laws of those states and counties because they provide the perfect habitat for p.cubensis to grow year long.

And yes, I'm sure that in 20 or so years of cultivating p.cubensis I've learnt a thing or two since they're illegal to grow there hasnt been much research done on them other then Alan Rockefeller surveys that were done years ago.

Is Hawaiian a actual p.cubensis from Hawaii well yes it is. Someone other then Rockefeller probably stumbled across a patch at some point in time and domesticated them for a public release, they were one of the originals being offered on ralphsterspores web sites.

Alan Rockefeller is a marvelous microbiologist but even he cant say for certain that they dont grow there given as I said common sense would say they do since the climate is perfect. They grow in Brazil, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Spain, Mexico etc etc why the fuck wouldn't they grow wild in Hawaii?

I better be careful before I get banned for speaking out of logical truth instead of "of a guru said it dpesnt grow then it doesnt grow" when the climate permits them to grow perfectly fine...

I heard a rumor that ythan has a blanket covered in spores that he airs out on his rooftop from time to time....the wind will carry p.cubensis for hundreds of miles in all directions.....theyll survive a artic deep freeze and come spring when the temperatures permit germinate and grow.

This is logical facts of information and not because I said so, it's because I know so.

Edited by FunG, 28 January 2021 - 09:15 PM.

#42 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:39 PM

I heard a rumor that ythan has a blanket covered in spores that he airs out on his rooftop from time to time....the wind will carry p.cubensis for hundreds of miles in all directions.....theyll survive a artic deep freeze and come spring when the temperatures permit germinate and grow.

Have you had cubensis spores last a winter or a freezer session? I'd love to find me some of those.

#43 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 11:02 PM

They'll stay perfectly fine in below freezing conditions given they're not in a aqueous solution. If they're frozen in a liquid then it will burst their cellular membrane. But a print that's been dried will keep no problem.

It's extrene heat that deteoriates spores viability if they're in water but again, if theyre on a print the print should keep fairly well for months and still be viable.

I received a large collection of prints from Anand who was a direct hand to fsre.nl with the promise of growing each one out, some of the prints were almost 10 years old and still had viability given some had seen months of exposure to extreme heat or cold so it was easy to make the determination that the spores are extraordinarily resilient to environmental conditions given they're stored properly.

If p.cubensis survived the ice age theyll survive a good while in a freezer.

#44 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:02 AM

And the article I posted was the legality of psilocybe cubensis spores in ca, ga and Ohio well known anti spore states.

Ohio is not an anti-spore state. I know this as a fact. I live in Ohio. :thumbs_up:

• coorsmikey likes this

#45 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:11 PM

Ohio is not an anti-spore state. I know this as a fact. I live in Ohio. :thumbs_up:

Idaho, Idaho, Idaho, potato land...

Edited by rockyfungus, 29 January 2021 - 02:52 PM.

#46 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Idaho, Idaho, Idaho, potato land...

Man, don't be bustin' on those yummy tubers. :tongue:
There are too many great foods that come from taters.
Damn, now I want taters with my supper, thanks rocky, you're a swell guy. :hug:

#47 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 03:22 PM

Yes, my bad. That was auto corrects fault it switched it to Ohio when I was entering Idaho.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!