• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 10:27 AM

I went to take a pic of the BPK tub to post here and discovered massive trich contamination that I couldn't see through the tub. It didn't have the desired shroom smell either. At least it was only one tub and in the same tent where I lost 4 tubs to trich a few months ago. Guess my cleaning didn't work so dismantling and cleaning is in order. CRAP!!! :ohmy:

DSC01647 (Medium).JPG

The other more likely scenario is the uncolonized grains at the bottom of the jars is the culprit...

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 14 March 2021 - 11:00 AM.

#62 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:15 PM

The PB finally gave up the ghost and with the BPK out of the picture I decided a change of direction was in order so I'm going back to one that I tried and failed with the BRF Tec. Florida F+ Got the grain inoculated today.

I'm considering using the old PB cake as a foundation for an outdoor patch. It got thoroughly dusted with spores after the second flush so should make a good start. Any tips would be appreciated for that endeavor.
  • Sidestreet likes this

#63 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Just as I was getting ready to dry out the PB it throws up a nice cluster of three. I'm gonna let them spore all over the cake before harvesting then dry it out for the outdoor garden project.

• Moonless likes this

#64 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

Just as I was getting ready to dry out the PB it throws up a nice cluster of three. I'm gonna let them spore all over the cake before harvesting then dry it out for the outdoor garden project.

I like that idea.
I was thinking of the same thing for this summer. Now that I'm thouroghly obsessed with this new hobby I've been on the lookout for a few good outdoor spots to experiment in. I will be interested to see how it works out for you.

#65 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:43 PM

I gotta figure out how I'm gonna go about that endeavor. I know where but hazy on the how. Totally different process.

#66 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

I decided to retire the PB cake to the yard along with the KSSS that contamed on me, that one I tossed in the yard but didn't bury. Scooped what I could of that into a tub. I have a shaded spot where I tossed an all in one bag of Ecuador last year that wasn't doing so well and that's where I located them. Each has their own spot. First dug down about 4"X18"x3' and put down a layer of rice hulls. The soil I dug out went into a wheelbarrow to be mixed with some more rice hulls and manure. I've got 1st rate soil that will grow almost anything I put in it. On top of the hulls I put a thin layer of the "substrate" then crumbled 1/2 of the cake on top, doing a light mix using my hands as claws. Another layer of sub on that, crumbled the other half of the cake into that again doing a light mix. Then a final layer of sub on that. Then put some pine boughs on top to protect from cold shots and casual eyes on the area. The PB cake looked the best of the two, it was still white with mycelia but nevertheless devoid of food for the mycelia. The stage is set, now waiting for the actors to make an appearance later this year. The only thing I'm concerned with is I probably didn't put enough manure in there. I can always sprinkle more on later. Or maybe better yet pour water on manure in a bucket for a couple days then use it to water the beds.

#67 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:05 AM

I started a couple qts of rye nocked with Florida F+ almost a month ago but they've been slow to colonize, stalled in fact. I've been slowly going through RR notes and came across a reference to FAE during colonization and realized the two layers of micropore tape on the FAE hole was probably the culprit. Even though I had removed one layer a week ago the adhesive had probably clogged the first layer. So I did what I could to make a clean environment, got everything ready to replace the tape and did it as fast as I could to minimize contamination. Sprayed both the old tape and new with iso and switched then another application of iso to the newly applied tape. Now for the waiting game.

#68 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:46 PM

For the first time yesterday I did a trip dose of 2g PB using a combination of lemon tek and ginger tea. Lemon teked it first for 15 min then into a mug for the ginger tea letting it steep for another 15. A bit strong on the lemon so diluted with water and quaffed it down. No shroom taste, just a mild case of nausea during the come up but nothing to worry about and no stomach upset. The come up was a steady rise with no bursts of energy that I have noticed with other varieties. About an hour later I'm flying higher than a normal 2g dose, way higher. like at least 3 to 3.5g. Even outside the closed eye visuals were vivid, usually get huge fractal constructs. And the best part, no heavy dark overtone to the trip that I've had for the past several trips, that was getting tiresome. Don't know if it was the variety, the prep tek (usually mix with yogurt), or the setting (outside) but it was the best trip yet. I think I've nailed my shroom prep method.
All that being said I'm good for at least a month before another trip. At the rate I'm going through my PB stash I'm set for at least a couple years and that doesn't include my GT or Argentina that I can use for MD'ing. I think my next dose will be 3g...

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 10 April 2021 - 07:45 PM.

• Sidestreet and Moonless like this

#69 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:49 PM

Duplicate post deleted

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 10 April 2021 - 07:44 PM.

• Oldpunk likes this

#70 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:06 PM

Nice. Glad to hear the dark overtone was absent. When I first read your earlier post about that I think I had a big l9ng story I ended up deleting. When I was younger I always had a real dark and dismal stage as I started to come down. It made me not enjoy mushrooms that much. Of course we were young and dumb and there were plenty of other drugs to do instead. Ones that I'm smart enough not to do now.

I always like to put mine on my dinner. Blends in good and I figure I want some fuel in me to go roam outside. It was spaghetti this time. Last weekend I ended up with some very lemony tea as well. I packed 3g into a tea ball strainer and let it sit in lemon juice for 15-20 then dumped the whole work into some water and tea to steep for half hour. It was pretty strong on lemon (takes a bit to submerge the tea ball) but at least it didn't taste like stewed ass.

#71 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:14 AM

Add a another variable to the mix, I had a burger about 20 minutes after drinking the juice. It didn't affect the trip, as I said this was no ordinary 2G trip. So eating after consuming isn't an issue as long as you first give the stomach time to absorb the magic. So many variables to take into account that made the trip so much more enjoyable than the last ones.

I used a whole fresh lemon with the powder in a tea bag, 1/2 a lemon probably would have sufficed. Gave it an occasional squeeze as it soaked to get all the goodness out.

The heavy dark feeling would intrude into the trip during the come up and wouldn't go away until the end. I made a post on Reddit shrooms asking for feedback on taking shrooms with yogurt and if it impacted the quality of the trip but got no responses.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 11 April 2021 - 01:20 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!