Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Neon green contam - what is it? - pic included!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Staryeyes

Staryeyes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:03 PM

Happy new year everyone!

I found this super strange growth that I can only assume is a contam in my mono tub.
This ones at the end of its second flush, the tote was super healthy for the duration of its life and I found this today, I’ve never seen it before! It’s super neon green in person, looks more yellowish in the pic. (Middle left side in pic)
I had a minor trich outbreak a few months back and since I havnt seen any more (knock on wood) and this is this first contam I’ve seen since.

I’ve been doing a really thin casing layer in my tubs, I’ve been getting really amazing flushes and pin sets thus far doing it but I do understand it opens up space for more contams, so I’d love to know exactly what this one is.
Since this tub is done it’s life cycle (I do two flushes and toss the tub) I’ve taped the vent holes and removed it from my room so it doesn’t spread what ever this is!!

I’d love some detail about this neon green growth!!

#2 Staryeyes

Staryeyes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:04 PM

Sorry the pic didn’t attach in the original post! Here it is!

Attached Thumbnails

• BCD60E8A-2014-4E65-8CE7-C80DC4F1CB66.jpeg

#3 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:26 AM

Sorry no help here, but it reminds me of a slime mold like you'd see out in the garden.

#4 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,707 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:07 AM

That's interesting!  It almost looks like some of your primordia has been stained by something.  I wonder if it could even be the primordia of a competitor fungus.  I have seen a bright yellow mushroom once or twice.  Really, though, I have no idea.

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

Could be Aspergillus flavipes (not likely), or maybe a species of plasmodium slime mold.

Either way it's contamination and best dealt with appropriately ASAP.

The spot will only get bigger and release more contaminant spores into the air the longer you leave it there. I'd take the whole sub outside. Sucks that it's Winter, but it's better than risking future grows by filling the room with mold spores.

Edited by TVCasualty, 02 January 2021 - 02:51 PM.

#6 Staryeyes

Staryeyes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

Could be Aspergillus flavipes (not likely), or maybe a species of plasmodium slime mold.

Either way it's contamination and best dealt with appropriately ASAP.

The spot will only get bigger and release more contaminant spores into the air the longer you leave it there. I'd take the whole sub outside. Sucks that it's Winter, but it's better than risking future grows by filling the room with mold spores.

Yes I removed it! I’ve never seen it before in any of my other tubs.

#7 ideaman

ideaman

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:13 AM

does it smell fermented at all?

could be yeast colonies. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!