EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

Following the Communal Semperviva growth posts

I try now to find out if common cubensis

may provide a proper mycelia concentration on grains

that could apply for Microdosing Therapies.

So I used 9 jars B+ spore injection in Oat grains (without Verm) on Dec 9

On top of that in one of the jars I have added B+ LC 5cc on Dec 14 to see if this Hubrid intervention could be of any interest.

Conditions:

Northern Hemisphere Mediterranean climate

Day temps 50-60f outside

Humidity 50-60%

Bags colonizing over a centrally heated floor,

with an intermidiate 2inch insulation that provides 72f at the jars.

This hubrid jar has Tyvec air exchange port (glued with silicon) and covered with Polypropylene film pierced for controlled aeration.

Photo taken day 23

IMG_1972.jpg

#2 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 12:46 PM

Are you looking active mycelia?

#3 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:38 PM

Are you looking active mycelia?

Yes, I try to grow active mycelia at the max before crop, and then to dry and grind them.

#4 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

Will there be enough actives for a micro dose of psilocybin in a fully colonized jars, the answer is yes but the amount of ground spawn required will be much greater then semperviva since it's less potent making ingestion of the ground cube myc abit less practical then that of semperviva since you'll probably require 5-10spoonfuls of dried cubensis myc to get a micro dose.

Also, it's worth a mention that the amount of psilocybin present in the mycelium differs greatly after it's been fruited. It becomes much stronger then a freshly colonized jar... how much stronger, I cant say but significant enough to be have been noticable back when I was using spent cakes to make tea.

I dont believe cubensis gain in potency the longer it sits fully colonized like semperviva does.
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:02 PM

I  believe i  read an article   were a  mycologist grew out 10 Different cube strains in grain jars when fully colonized of  all 10 cube cultivators  ......all 10 of the cube cultivators failed to have active mycelium . ...

Please anyone correct me if i am wrong ?

Semperviva  seems to be the only or one of very few that has  active mycelium ..............that the OMC is aware of at this time .

Hope fully  you can trade or buy some Semperviva  spore print .

good luck .

Bez

Edited by bezevo, 02 January 2021 - 04:07 PM.

#6 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

Will there be enough actives for a micro dose of psilocybin in a fully colonized jars, the answer is yes but the amount of ground spawn required will be much greater then semperviva since it's less potent making ingestion of the ground cube myc abit less practical then that of semperviva since you'll probably require 5-10spoonfuls of dried cubensis myc to get a micro dose.

Also, it's worth a mention that the amount of psilocybin present in the mycelium differs greatly after it's been fruited. It becomes much stronger then a freshly colonized jar... how much stronger, I cant say but significant enough to be have been noticable back when I was using spent cakes to make tea.

I dont believe cubensis gain in potency the longer it sits fully colonized like semperviva does.

Most likely you are damn right!!!
I intent to be the guine pig if succesful... lol...

#7 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

I have always read that cube myc has always tested inactive or at least below threshold of testing.

#8 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:34 PM

P.cubensis mycelium is active, that's why cultures are illegal.

Just nowhere near as potent as semperviva but you can still get a good dose of psilocybin out of the mycelium on a spent pf cake.
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#9 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:31 PM

Can you point to any study or even heresy to confirm that?

#10 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:34 PM

Hmm

Wikipedia does not say specifically if the mycelium is psychoactive or not but I can assure you that if you were to use a spent pf cake to make a small batch of tea it would be the equivalent of ingesting atleast a gram of dried mushroom tissue.

The no brainer is the fact that psilocin oxidizes blue wherever the mycelium is touched.

Edited by FunG, 02 January 2021 - 11:35 PM.

#11 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:03 AM

Can you point to any study or even heresy to confirm that?

DonShadow has presented it in detail:

Attached File  semperviva:hoogshageniiGraintek1.3(optimized).pdf   6.35MB   8 downloads

#12 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

Semperviva is a different species. Good luck, but if this was practical it would be common and you wouldn’t have people sourcing sempeviva spores (hard to find outside of trades), or even stones.

You’ll get invitro fruits before you get more than trace actives in cubensis mycelium. Or that’s my bet.
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#13 FunG

FunG

"Trump 2021"

• Free Member
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 05:41 PM

Jrotten, I agree.

But if he collects fruits off the oats (given p.cubensis will fruit off straight oats cause it doesnt on wbs) then he could probably get some pretty potent mycelium per a gram of dried oats. The amount needed for ingestion is the only questionable part since like mentioned if you have to eat 10spoonfuls then it might cause someone to purge but the high would be there :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!