• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:10 PM

Hey guys fuck damn forgot about this jar I had this winter. I put it in a blanket in closet since it was soo damn cold and it took 2 months to even get half way mycelium. Damn lol. Welll it looks fine to me! Think I shook once.... maybe one more?? Or just let it go. This is a good surprise! Ahha

Attached Thumbnails

• 5339B567-0F61-4F04-B150-108F6D3B5C58.jpeg
  • 7C8BA82E-0EAD-4DFA-958F-C757F83BDE55.jpeg
  • AB591DD3-D8F8-48EA-A3DD-10E7203FE31F.jpeg
  • 450536A9-EB14-428E-BE69-1C955DB7A960.jpeg

#2 HrVanker

HrVanker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:35 PM

It looks like you have some bacteria going on given the extra moisture, lack of colonization, and the yellowing. I would consider running this jar through the PC just in case there is mold and dumping the jar. While you're at it, you can PC a whole new round of spawn!

I once had a jar of grain that was taking forever and I mostly kept it around as a curiosity. I never saw anything particularly mold-like but when I opened the jar, this huge cloud of spores instantly covered everything in the vicinity. I was lucky to be outside, but you don't want that in your house, and certainly not in your grow-space. Better safe than sorry.

• jrh likes this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,530 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:25 PM

Well I am happy that you can see the beauty in it! I get it, I am getting old and I must admit so are my standards too. If you think she looks fine then I won't tell anyone about your Moped.

• abbr. and HrVanker like this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:17 PM

Bro... Mike is also getting cranky in his old age...

You may be kidding... but incase you aren't, that guy is no good (I don't mean Mike)... The reason your jar took so long to colonize is because it is plagued with bacteria... When jars don't fully colonize, bacteria is often the culprit... Also, that wet grain look is a sure sign that it is bacterial... 

#5 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 12:04 AM

Hahaaha alll good but got you! Makes tons of sense it’s using its energy and stuff to fight it. I forsure won’t open inside! Thanks guys I’ll post again soon sometime. After looking again yeah looks kinda bad. I’ll give a few more days

Edited by stonnerkidd, 10 January 2021 - 12:06 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!