• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:17 PM

I am about to be in possession of FB Harmaline concentrate that I intend to use as an MAOi. I've been doing research on how to consume it but I haven't found much about brewing a tea with FB Harmaline Concentrate so what I guess I'm trying to figure out is can/should I brew it into a tea to pre-emptively ingest prior to Psilo-lemon tea? I have only seen Harmaline Tea mentioned to be brewed with crushed seeds.

#2 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 942 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Your tea will need to be acidic enough to convert the freebase to salt in order for it to be water soluble.
Any plant tea I can think of should work fine and a squeeze of lemon will seal the deal.
However you ingest it, the alks are likely to convert to harmaline HCl once they hit your stomach anyway.

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Is the freebase oily?

#4 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:17 PM

Is the freebase oily?

I haven't received the product yet, but when it arrives I will be back to update.

Your tea will need to be acidic enough to convert the freebase to salt in order for it to be water soluble.
Any plant tea I can think of should work fine and a squeeze of lemon will seal the deal.
However you ingest it, the alks are likely to convert to harmaline HCl once they hit your stomach anyway.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you  :happy:

#5 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

Is the freebase oily?

No, it appears pale and dry.

136788640_497182014580663_7693651918769042467_n.jpg

#6 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,972 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:06 AM

Norman's got you with tea advice, just make sure it's acidic enough to convert the alkaloids to their salts.

The main advantage of the freebase though is that it can be smoked, or so I hear. I've never done this.

Not sure what makes this a "concentrate" though.  Perhaps the chemist isolated the harmaline from the other alkaloids & is capitalizing on the "concentrate" buzzword?

Freebase harmaline, harmine, and Tetrahydroharmaline are all crystalline, first isolated from syrian rue (Peganum Harmala) by Ott if I'm not mistaken. Please forgive me a bit of shameless self-linking...

https://mycotopia.ne...nversion/page-1

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 13 January 2021 - 03:13 AM.

• Salty117 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!