So as the title reads, today I read an article about a 30 year old man who injected mushroom tea and had to be hospitalized. First, I would like to say, don't try this at home kids. Secondly, I would like to say, what an absolute dumbass, but sadly, he will never live this mistake down, as it will cause him major health issues for the remainder of his life.... which may not be too long due to the mycelium growing in his blood. That's right. 3 days after injecting the mushroom tea into himself, he developed jaundice, nausea, as well as almost going into total organ failure... Upon examining his blood test results, they found that mycelium was growing in his blood stream. This has all sorts of awesome implications in my mind... but i would like to hear what my fellow mycotopians have to say about this. Do you think if he died outside, in the right conditions, that a bunch of cubensis would have started popping out of his rotting body? Does this mean that blood would make for a decent LC? Or at the very least you could make some blood agar and get some decent results out of it? What do you guys think?
Edited by ChocolateStarfish, 13 January 2021 - 02:22 PM.