• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

So as the title reads, today I read an article about a 30 year old man who injected mushroom tea and had to be hospitalized. First, I would like to say, don't try this at home kids. Secondly, I would like to say, what an absolute dumbass, but sadly, he will never live this mistake down, as it will cause him major health issues for the remainder of his life.... which may not be too long due to the mycelium growing in his blood.  That's right. 3 days after injecting the mushroom tea into himself, he developed jaundice, nausea, as well as almost going into total organ failure... Upon examining his blood test results, they found that mycelium was growing in his blood stream. This has all sorts of awesome implications in my mind... but i would like to hear what my fellow mycotopians have to say about this. Do you think if he died outside, in the right conditions, that a bunch of cubensis would have started popping out of his rotting body? Does this mean that blood would make for a decent LC? Or at the very least you could make some blood agar and get some decent results out of it? What do you guys think?

Edited by ChocolateStarfish, 13 January 2021 - 02:22 PM.

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Already being discussed over in https://mycotopia.ne...am/?hl=injected

I think it's a load of BS !

Dude got a fungal infection, sure, but it wouldn't have been Cubensis growing in him. Candida more like.

• Juthro and clumsy like this

#3 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:33 PM

That was me.

And they painted the picture in a totally negative light, misreported a literal "glowing experience"

:meditate:

Edit: Mushrooms are indeed magic. They can be dehydrated for years, rehydrated and cloned; which means their still alive somehow?!

But the notion that the active, as in, still viable to growth, parts of a mushroom can be boiled into a tea, and still be active enough to grow new mycellium, at all, let alone in some humans bloodstream, certainly stretches the limits of believability.

Edited by Severian, 17 January 2021 - 12:36 PM.

• roscoe likes this

#4 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2021 - 11:02 PM

Mycellium will be pretty knackered at body temperature. Plus provoke an immune response/cytokine storm that will kill him if a mycellium bolus doesn't. Plus... the substrate would be rather novel for cubensis.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!