8 replies to this topic

#1 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:24 PM

I like the cut of this guys jib, curious if anyone has read his book the parasitic mind. Seems like it would be something I would be interested in. Gad likes to point out these backwards idea's that are taking over mainstream and their inherent ridiculousness

[Direct Link]

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:12 PM

I got a pretty bad dancing hyena burn at the beach last Summer.

And that means exactly what you think it means. I guess. Or something. I never really understood Postmodernism and I get the distinct impression that Postmodernists don't, either.

Edited by TVCasualty, 21 January 2021 - 05:12 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,905 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Kinda like Q??????

I suppose I should use the opportunity work on myself to invoke some compassion.......

Sorry.......off to work with me!

A

Edited by Arathu, 22 January 2021 - 07:01 AM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

It's especially interesting when you start building postmodern idea's off of other "proven" post modern idea's. When you hear about it one finds it hard to believe it's even a real thing, until you find video of someone talking about it

I am not sure if Q would fall under the category of post modernism or not but it surely falls into the category of ridiculous and something that needs to be addressed. Conspiracy is something that I struggle with, on one hand it seems like something that should be "removed" from the internet in the sense that it can cause harm to others but I don't like engaging in censorship. Who decides what is harmful? (Well that seems clear these days, twitter, facebook, google and amazon) How do you address Q effectively without banning millions? Like Glenn Greenwald was saying I think it starts with rebuilding the trust that the people have in the msm. For millions of people all across the globe they just don't believe anything that the t.v. is telling them anymore. These people feel so alienated that there is no longer a communication line. I have seen some fairly smart people get into Q and I find it baffling.

All the censorship works against it, those banishment's just reinforce the idea that they were right. The big man keeping them down. All it really does in continually push those thought bubbles farther and farther into the fringe, until there is no discourse, two sides totally disconnected from each others realities

I do think about the finger pointing that goes on these days and wonder how big of a problem that really is. Considering this post is one of them too. Probably the best advice you do hear on this forum is to work on yourself, the whole glass house business. Asking another to do so is a skill that most people don't posses, to be able to talk to someone without insulting them or putting them on the defensive, and ask them to look inside and try to see themselves. For me it can come in the form of observing another person's behavior and realizing that I do the same thing

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 22 January 2021 - 02:31 PM.

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

I agree with the memes going around saying Q is "trailer park Scientology."

If that offends anyone who is into it, then that's good since shame is an effective learning tool and there are a whole lot of tools in desperate need of learning on that point.

It's genuinely alarming that the parsing of what is real from what is not real is widely seen as a political issue now.

• Baphom3t likes this

#6 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:27 PM

Well that's because 99 percent of the media landscape is politically biased so you are what you eat.

We have a hard time seeing that bias when it agrees with us, it just feels like the truth

The constant left/right dynamic that seems to permeate society reminds me of another book I tell myself I should read, Matt Taibbi's hate inc

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 24 January 2021 - 03:29 PM.

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

Well that's because 99 percent of the media landscape is politically biased so you are what you eat.

We have a hard time seeing that bias when it agrees with us, it just feels like the truth

The constant left/right dynamic that seems to permeate society reminds me of another book I tell myself I should read, Matt Taibbi's hate inc

Not in the case of the Q lunacy. There's no "two sides" to that stuff, it's just unhinged bullshit.

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,556 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:06 PM

Not in the case of the Q lunacy. There's no "two sides" to that stuff, it's just unhinged bullshit.

Anyone who says they buy into Q is either a liar, or a fool.  So it doesn't surprise me that a lot of the same people tell themselves that the election was rigged by a complex plan between China, Hugo Chavez, and Dominion voting systems...  :tinfoil:

Q, where we go one, we go all...  images (1).jpeg

Edited by Juthro, 25 January 2021 - 04:07 PM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#9 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

You got me there I think I misunderstood what you were saying, that one is a bonafide one sided conspiracy that Trump was a magic man that was going to expose the secret pedo cabal. No surprise the left wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, it's all about wanting to believe in something that you hope is true. They were claiming Biden as a pedo so yeah it was politically charged for the right wing sphere

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 25 January 2021 - 04:14 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!