27 replies to this topic

#21 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2021 - 10:07 AM

Yeah there have been a few reported instances of nuclear arms being essentially taken offline by UFO's.  There was a period where American and Russian governments were taking UFO's seriously and asked military personnel to report all findings. The famous project blue book in America's case. Then both countries said they quit collecting all that evidence, and now more recently America admitted to taking UAP's seriously again.

There is a ton of baloney with this UFO business but there are some stories that seem to be more than coincidence

These guys do the hard work and lend credibility to the field of study, nice to have them sort out the nonsense for us. This interview helped open my mind to the idea that something is going on up there.

If anything this is a compelling tale about the nature of memory

[Direct Link]

https://open.spotify...yRnZxBNaQJeH2Ce

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 30 May 2021 - 10:08 AM.

• ElPirana and rockyfungus like this

#22 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

I did not want to respond to this in the lab thread as I felt it would pull the discussion too far off course. So here we go

The next distraction?

Hey look, UFOs! Everybody look at the aliens while we do more things behind your backs.

Its gonna be a great decade. Hope I've got enough popcorn for the show.

Can't stop it so I might as well get a good seat and watch it all explode in slow motion.

You guys can sure beat a conspiracy theory to death. :)

How did I get here, to find myself defending UFO's....Rooster of two years ago would have rolled his eyes and totally agreed with you. What a wild ride this life is man.

I get the distraction line but wondering if we are alone in the universe is hardly something to scoff at. It might be one of the most sought out answers in the course of modern history, next to where did we come from and why are we here. Not to mention the slow and increasingly convincing body of evidence that has been forming. The data that came out over the last few years has flipped the opinion of some of the most skeptical of folk like myself. That matters not to the skeptical, their minds are often made up before any evidence is presented. Most commonly you find they come from a place of ignorance. I know because I have been there

If this is it, if we die and there is nothing after. You never get to find out the answers to any of the big questions. You have to ask yourself,  what world would have been more enjoyable to live in. The one where I allowed some belief into my life or the one without.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 02 June 2021 - 05:11 PM.

#23 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:17 PM

701 unexplained cases out of 12,000 investigated by project blue book. Seems to sum up the UFO field.

Sorry this one looked like a nightmare to try to format it  and it would turn readers off.

Anyway a brief history of UFO's and government investigation into such. Trying to follow the serious investigators in this is key. Following in the original scientific method applied by the lead scientist in project blue book, some people are helping to pull the discussion out of the basement

How the Pentagon Started Taking U.F.O.s Seriously

For decades, flying saucers were a punch line. Then the U.S. government got over the taboo.

https://www.newyorke...-ufos-seriously

#24 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:39 PM

Has anyone considered the possibility, that given the age of the universe, and the distances involved, that they are robotic explorers, (a bit like our mars rover), from superior civilizations, that are by now long extinct themselves?

Such an explanation would both respect Einstein, satisfy our need for mystery, and take some of the excitement and emotion out of the whole business, as the clear implication is that being superior, implies no escape from death and extinction.

Therefore such an explanation amuses "the Buddhist in me".  :biggrin:

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2021 - 09:48 AM

I'm sick and tired of all this extraterrestrial coyness.

I'm ready for the goddamned aliens to flip on the lights on and yell "Surprise!" or whatever and get First Contact over with so we can move on to putting some of that super-dooper advanced gee-whiz alien tech they apparently got to work cleaning up the mess we're still making of this planet.

But then the story Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke comes to mind and concede that there may be a point to it after all.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#26 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

I have thought about drones plenty before as they make the most sense based on our knowledge of space travel. Until recently I never really understood how an expanding universe could place another ancient civilization literally out of our perceptible reach. The idea you proposed that they are gone off into the forever but the drones continue on without them is an interesting idea to think about

I like to imagine if an advanced alien race was observing us, for whatever reasons. (Maybe we are on the intergalactic nature channel) That they would take a somewhat similar scientific approach that we have taken towards those "lost" tribes in the amazon. A quarantine like approach, limiting our interactions. Maybe life is really precious in the universe and they don't want to have a hand in extinguishing it. Has advanced mans involvement into less technologically advanced civilizations made life better for all those other cultures in the grand scheme of things?  It sure has made life easier, but perhaps that is not something we should necessarily strive for. This is another trap of my logic though, projecting a human like thought process onto another intelligent entity. For all we know they could be plant based beings incapable of communicating with us.

So many wild avenues to speculate down

Fun to talk about it but I have to be careful with this subject. It can become a little too easy to let those mind parasites in and you channel what you want to be true rather than what is. One must temper belief in a pursuit of the good stuff. Let the guys claiming to have done 50 alien autopsies and work on alien teck in secret underground bases remain on the back burner

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 04 June 2021 - 02:30 PM.

#27 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:55 AM

Sounds like the report leaked early. Guess what it was inconclusive hahahaha. Who would have guessed

Not really surprising but they basically said what we already know at this point from Luis Elizondo's work. A bit silly when you have a team that investigated this phenomenon for ten years, and could not provide clear answers. This 90 day report that was undertaken is a bit of an insult to what they did. The only thing they are willing to say for sure is that they aren't American made. It does lead one to be a bit skeptical considering what happened with stealth technology, and the governments ability to create future teck in complete secrecy. That was thirty years ago, hard to imagine what they could have cooked up in the meantime

So who knows, if they are made by a goverment somewhere it is still impressive tech none the less.

Anyone else ever notice how the governments always seem to release anything controversial on a Friday. Hoping everyone is too busy looking forward to their weekend activities to take notice.

#28 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:12 PM

Sounds like NASA has caught the current UFO zietgest. Good, the more investigation into this the better I say. Instead of the ninety day probe, the Pentagon should be continuing on with AATIPS work. Too bad Henry Reid is no longer in a position to make it happen. Of all the crazy things governments spend money on. A few million to investigate these UFO's does not seem like much to ask for.

That list of wasteful spending is to long to post. Some examples like 3 million spent to study the effects the Jaws song had on our fear and perception of sharks. Or say 2.4 million spent to study how to get likes on social media. Very important stuff here

Considering the extreme forces those objects would be going through, it is hard to imagine anything is alive inside . But that is based on our fundamental understanding of gravity. If something can manipulate gravity all bets are off on what we "know"

[Direct Link]

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 06 June 2021 - 04:13 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!