Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

The term FOAF nowadays vanished ...WHY???

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:17 PM

The term FOAF nowadays vanished  ...WHY?

Are we ralaxed by some air of legal changes?
What is more reassuring than it was 10-15 years ago?

Are there legal privacy valves that allow Mycotopia to be a free Speach Heaven?

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:22 PM

For some reason around the same time all forums changed their policy on it. Most point it out if you say swim or foaf or any terminology like that and say kindly... Stop it.. Lol

Idk why it changed tho ?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,212 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

Do you really think that phrasing your questions, and responses with FOAF is going to make any difference if the man tries to drop the boom on you? 

EDIT: Grammer repair.

Edited by Juthro, 26 January 2021 - 06:26 PM.

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Arathu and 2 others like this

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

It was utterly meaningless, and brought no extra security.

But the good news is that extra security isn't necessary in a context like this since it cannot be proven that you actually wrote any of the posts appearing under your pseudonym.

This is because this site has Moderators and Admins who have the ability to edit your posts, or if it's an Admin they can make your account do or say whatever they want.

So if you're ever confronted in Court with one of your posts, just tell 'em TV...errr, tell 'em Coorsmikey actually wrote it and wouldn't let you delete it.

• sandman, Sidestreet, coorsmikey and 5 others like this

#5 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:35 PM

I hope I know what you guys are talking about or this is going to bite the dust

haha ya you always see the FOAF defense in those court shows. Case dismissed sir, it was clearly for his acquaintance. Right up there with I didn't do it..

But seriously I do think a lot has changed in that time frame. How many states had legal cannabis that long ago? You no longer have to go on the dark web to order cannabis online. Technically illegal sites are available at the click of a button where you can order all sorts of stuff from. Just type in buy magic mushrooms in your browser you wont have to look far. Free information on growing seems quite harmless by comparison, especially since it takes a decent amount of effort to accomplish while the other provide instant product with a click and a credit card

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:31 PM

So if you're ever confronted in Court with one of your posts, just tell 'em TV...errr, tell 'em Coorsmikey actually wrote it and wouldn't let you delete it.

I do hope that if this ever happened that someone would send a smoke signal so that TV...err or me could have some fun with this and leave some "edited by" tags on every single post that did not contain foaf or swim. I can say that if every post did have FOAF it wouldn't be worth the effort and I would just delete the account to help the burden of proof that the OP may not actually be in control.

Did you know that if you have a "Beware of Dog" sign up and your dog attacks someone, that very sign that you think is a warning to scare people off and cover your ass, can help you lose a court case? By putting that sign up you are acknowledging that you know that your dog is dangerous and can be a threat. Basically saying you knew your dog is capable of causing harm to some dumb ass climbing your fence to break into your house and you did nothing to think about the safety of that would be intruder could have you paying some medical bills.

Besides making it difficult to read and being super annoying making one wish they didn't read, FOAF and SWIM could actual do more damage than help. If the words posted here were ever held against somehow, then using such FOAF might suggest that you are aware that what you are posting might be wrong or illegal.

Edited by coorsmikey, 27 January 2021 - 08:49 PM.

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty, cujoloki and 2 others like this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:22 PM

That's why when I last had a dog (it was a rottweiler) I put up a sign that said "Friendly Dog! Feel Free to Pet Him! Go on, what are you waiting for??"

Or when I'm home put up the "Beware of Doug" sign and lurk menacingly in the yard.

896.jpg

This one is also good:

post-102948-0-71489900-1611710465.jpeg

but I wonder if it would be looked at similarly to a "Beware" sign, or if it's just implying that the dog is a track star?

Attached Thumbnails

• runforit.jpeg

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#8 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:07 PM

FOAF and SWIM

two reminders of the good old days :)

• microscopeman likes this

#9 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:41 AM

You guys always make me laugh :)
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#10 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:43 AM

Who needs cable television... Another thing that seems to be disappearing lol.

My dad is the only person I know that still uses cable TV.. I think?

#11 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:09 AM

I still have a phone on the wall. It rang twice last year. I haven't used it since 2017.

But its there none the less
  • EYMAIOS likes this

#12 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 06:12 PM

Good lord. I got internet at my house it was only ten bucks to add a landline like a special deal. I thought how cool.. Ao cheap.. Then I never plugged one in i still pay the ten a month lol

#13 ideaman

ideaman

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:52 AM

So0o a foaf was talking to swim and they decided to do illegal things @ my house! I left but there stuff is still  drugz there. This post is purely fictional. 

:ph34r:

• bezevo and Moonless like this

#14 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 11:32 PM

my house!

SWIMS house

#15 vork21

vork21

Fan Man

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:39 AM

My cat told me to tell y'all hi!

• TVCasualty likes this

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:20 AM

My cat told me to tell y'all hi!

I did a double-take just now when I saw your avatar; long time no see! After how 2020 went, I think I can relate to whatever was going through Syd's mind there at the time. You know shit's getting weird when you start to "get" Syd Barrett. :ph34r:

Seeing SWIM and FOAF pop up again really brings back the memories, doesn't it? And SWIM also recalls a few who chose instead to implicate their likely-innocent cats as the ringleaders of what were almost certainly their own entirely human conspiracies of primary decomposition and assorted back-room shenanigans (I'm willing to grant the possibility that some of them might have been actual cats; who's to know?).

• vork21 likes this

#17 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,022 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

I find all of my pictures on a sd card in a truck stop bathroom where I go to the glory hole twice a week.

And since I wrote it here, it's a fact!

Edited by sandman, 13 February 2021 - 11:28 AM.

• vrooota, TVCasualty and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2021 - 12:15 PM

Ahh yes, the "I found it on a thumb drive/sd card" guy.

The funny part is that those who are the most paranoid and blame everything on someone's cat that isn't theirs who found everything on a discarded SD card at a truck stop three states away (someone's cat that isn't their's gets around) are probably only growing six half-pint cakes in an aquarium.

#19 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:17 PM

The term FOAF nowadays vanished ...WHY?

I do hope that if this ever happened that someone would send a smoke signal so that TV...err or me could have some fun with this and leave some "edited by" tags on every single post that did not contain foaf or swim. I can say that if every post did have FOAF it wouldn't be worth the effort and I would just delete the account to help the burden of proof that the OP may not actually be in control.

Did you know that if you have a "Beware of Dog" sign up and your dog attacks someone, that very sign that you think is a warning to scare people off and cover your ass, can help you lose a court case? By putting that sign up you are acknowledging that you know that your dog is dangerous and can be a threat. Basically saying you knew your dog is capable of causing harm to some dumb ass climbing your fence to break into your house and you did nothing to think about the safety of that would be intruder could have you paying some medical bills.

Besides making it difficult to read and being super annoying making one wish they didn't read, FOAF and SWIM could actual do more damage than help. If the words posted here were ever held against somehow, then using such FOAF might suggest that you are aware that what you are posting might be wrong or illegal.
It wasn't me but it was a FOAF of SWIM that had a Beware of Dog sign.......eh nevermind

#20 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:28 PM

I always figured if they want you, they already have you and will get you. FOAF or SWIM would indicate having knowledge of, or association with, an individual(s) engaging in felony criminal activity and is enough to eventually fall under a investigation. I really like what TV said, blame it on a MOD lol. Plausible deniability will give you more of a fighting chance versus pretty much saying yeah i know someone and now they calling your bluff or expecting you to be snitch bitch.

Im going with i was hacked, or what the fuck is mycotopia? What is a mono tub and how did 50 of them get in my house?! Why are there holes in those tubs and what is that white stuff sticking out? Is that shit in them? Who da fuk is microbe? Sounds like a really cool guy but i don't know him.

Edited by Microbe, 18 February 2021 - 02:30 PM.

• vrooota likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!