• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:45 AM

Ive been learning quite a bit about iboga from a friend of mine that lives in Africa. I asked him to join the site he is a really cool guy that gies by ibogashaman20 on a discord I was invited to. He has a shop also but anyways I was wkndering this so I figured i would go ahead and wonder it out loud.

A year or so ago I remember discussion that people would love to share research and get some dialog about growing using and everything we can figure out about this curious plant but no one reallh knew where it could easily be had without feeling like your beinf put on a list somewhere or get screwed by a scammer or pay out the but or something. No members had some to go around basically.

Who would be down to do some hands on research for the betterment of man and mycotopia kind?

if we end up having some iboga let this become the place where everyone works on and witb iboga whther growing the plant harvesting seed pods identification or especially trip reports and what effects has it had on opiate withdrawal/ dependency if you had any.

I myself am a patient at a methadone clinic and I oont think i am ready to quit yet i just know myself but I personally have a horse in this race I'll probably keep some just incase I decide to really quit and not experience horrible painful withdrawals for months.

Also, knowing how bad opiate addiction is i want this plant medicine to be available. If anyone has any questions or want to talk to this ibogashaman20 feller.. Just msg me or write here.

DO NOT ASK TO BUY HERE

I'll post something in th marketplace so that ppl whom are interested in getting it or ppl looking in there whom are just in the market for oddities or curiosities can see.

Dont ask me for iboga in this thread this thread is discussion of the substance. Everyone should write what the know here categorically scientific subjective anecdotal, what have you but not for selling anything.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 30 January 2021 - 02:50 AM.

• Moonless likes this

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

Is thus the right place for this thread?
  • kcmoxtractor likes this

#3 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,872 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:57 PM

There was a former member here who had a simultaneous stroke and heart attack while taking iboga. It's a great medicine but there's a lot of strain put on your cardiovascular system during the experience. Consult with your doctor to make sure you don't have any health issues before trying it out.

#4 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:22 PM

Thank you kcmo! That's exactly the kimd of information we need in this thread. I personally dont know alot about it. Only mostly experiencd reports on say errowid and places like it.

Ive read some scary things as well as the good stuff to be sure. In the Netherlands there are iboga therapy clinics where im sure iboga isnt there specialty there are alot of different treatments when it comes to opiods,. Anyways tho, one woman had taken her dose and was having her vitals taken every once in a while she was left alone in a room with her purse and other trappings to make a good trip setting. All seemed to be looking well. She was doing the therapy to quit a really massive heroin addiction.

Well when they came back to check on her one time she was dead and she had some tinfoil and a lighter. They think that she overdosed or something? I know that you really only overdose on heroin when shooting but who knows there may have been some crazy interactio. She was in mid trip while the healing was happening.

Ive read of one other death cant say the circumstances tho..

These again are anecdotal and i didnt confirm them I read both instances on errowid. It was a long time ago also it may have been a needle and not tinfoil they found I will look for that exact case and try to read it.

I habe also read cases tho that after treatment heroin or fentanyl addicts will disbelieve or under appreciate there new low noob tolerance believe they are still far from opiate naive and actually use there usual dose or even much less not thinking it will harm them and they literally die.

If you are going to take iboga you cant just keep on doing opiates.... You mustn't stutter stop.

Thats the reason I am not interested in using myself.

Harm reduction wi have to be law in this thread.

#5 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:26 PM

Kcmo, i just want to thank you again kcmo for sharing that.

I encourage anyond else that has information to step forward.

The guy I met is supposed to make a mycotopia account tonight. We will learn alot from him im sure.

Kcmo, has given us first hand evidence of the danger one can put themselves in when not properly prepped and made ready / examinated and or not in a clinical environment.

Its up to the user to make this checklist and ti check each box and decide whether this is something you have weighed the potential risk with the potential benefits.

If you are dying of abcessed veins and are gonna die unless you stop but are afraid of quiting this might be for you. If youre just gonna be dead in abyear anyway.

But there are tons of circumstances (mine as well!) Where this is just not the right path to sobriety for you personally.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 30 January 2021 - 05:56 PM.

#6 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 942 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

I know that you really only overdose on heroin when shooting but who knows there may have been some crazy interactio.

Harm reduction wi have to be law in this thread.

Ingestion is ingestion and a lethal dose of anything will kill you no matter how you take it.

Harm reduction.

• terbium likes this

#7 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

For sure brotha :) I don't know a shit ton about itbut I dont think there are any records of ppl dying of smoking heroin.

In any case heroin is a horrible drug you should never smoke it or do anything with it. If you can smoke it fast enough for it to hit your blood stream to release all at once like shooting it will kill you. Most ppl fall asleep and puke before you could possibly die while smoking. thats just honestly how I remember it being from my own personal experience and research.

But i dont wamma talk about it at all realistically here. Its horrible anx a deadly amount is a deadly amount like you said. The thing is that it is such a fast acting opiate that literally you could smoke it as fast as you want and before you get even close to dying you couldnt ingest it faat enough to die through smoking.

Again just my personal experience bro just honest truth.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 30 January 2021 - 08:18 PM.

#8 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

This is not the topic I wanna talk about here tho. I want this to be about iboga. Im just a serious heroin addict that has turned his leaf and gone to methadone. Harm reduction means being honest with scientific honest answers not just saying this stuff will kill you. You have to say what is what. Or the people that will do it anyway never learn any least harmful way. Buuuuuut I'm gonna shut up brother i love everyone dont do heroin and let's not talk of it anymore.

#9 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:05 PM

If you know of any cases where adults die from smoking heroin only no shooting than you can send it to me. If someone is gonna do heroin anyway they need to know that smoking is not the same thing as shooting or they may think that if its all gonna kill you just as easily then they might as well get the rush of shooting bro. Thats not informing an addict ir giving them true harm reduction.

#10 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:08 PM

I think I said it originally how I was supposed to say it basically and will stand by that.

#11 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

Now that ive thought of it a bit also I wanna say that the point i was trying to make that a heroin user knows how hard it is to die from smoking its just common knowledge. Its hard to even get high off of smoking because its such a fast acting opiate unless youre not really an addict. And thats why heroine is so dangerous. Thr only efficient way to feel its super strong effect is by injecting it amd therefore thats what addicts do. You wouldnt think this itd completely ass backwards thinking but its incredibly hard to smoke enough heroine fast enough to die. And this points to the fact that iboga treatment is extremely dangerous and opiate addicts really need to be serious about it if they are going to use this.

You just kinda missed my point I think and arent really super well informed about heroin but a heroin user the ppl that need this would know exactly what i was talking about. Nd theres nothing wrong with that. No one should be well informed and experienced about deadly drugs like heroin but they are out there and need help.

This is the last thing I am going to say but im making a point opiate addicts are so very completely misunderstood. They are emotionally damaged fragile ppl that need help. Anyone says anything about the drugs they use and ppl jump to conclusions about shit without doing any research just assuming that because its horrible shit lets just sweep everything under the rug and make it such a stigmatised subject that ppl get so paranoid and scared abkut the subject its almost impossible to even talk about out loud between even sober people let alone the people that actually need the help.

Irk ive had a really rough addicted life personally i am really looking forward that iboga and other plants like this might pan out. Lets not be ti scared to talk about this because even though its dangerous and looked down on for the benefit of these poor fragile damaged people lets just be mature talk like adults not jump to conclusions amd do some research inti this stuff.

Blaaahhh ill shut up about it and opiates and stuff but like just because its horrible thing lets not all act like we know best. Lets try to just help and not nip at eachother about what is harm reduction whats not unless you care enough to actually talk about it... In a productive manner. Lets not be scared and inform eachother for crying shame.

My point again was that this shits fucking dangerous and flips everything that an opiate user would normally think about their drug on its head and you can and will die from something that wouldnt normally kill you. Like smoking a tiny bit of heroin really killed a woman that would never in a million years died let alone kill even a person that has never done an opiate in there life no tolerance at all. Something about the iboga made what she was doing and would have done normally a million times dangerous and killed her. That was my point.

Harm reduction in this thread must be law.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 30 January 2021 - 08:56 PM.

#12 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:54 PM

Hey sorry that I didn't get to read this whole discussion but I want to reply the the initial post.

I recently watched the Hamiltons Pharmacopeia documentary on Iboga. I thought that it is really great and worth the 3$ to watch on Itunes.

Also check out this pod from JW Jesso's Adventures Through the Mind

#13 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

Thanks brother! I was just irritated. Just saying taking a lethal amount of something will kill you isnt harm reduction. That's just lazy it pissed me off.

#14 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

I will watch that and I really super interested in iboga I hope that some ppl will benefit!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!