• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boorick76

Boorick76

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:09 PM

There seems to be a different opinion of the use of psychedelics in medical treatments. The stigma of being taboo, has taken flight.
There are many companies doing proper trials with mdma, lsd and psilocybin.
It would be informative to hear some of your opinions about these companies.
It's important to to be able to bring these things to the masses, but at what cost? Are these uses hurting what they are(spiritually, mother earth)‽ Or are these compounds to be helpful to those in need?
I've started investing in some of the psychodelic companies that "spoke" to me. There are going to be groundbreaking discoveries (which many of us knew), in the coming months/ years.
I've also jumped on the cannabis train, which should have been a no brainer to begin with.
You guys are genius and your opinions matter to me.
  • TVCasualty and SteampunkScientist like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 850 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

I have genuine concerns that these start ups will steal and patent the open source knowledge of the OMC, fight to keep psychedellics criminalized for anyone other than themselves and generally rise up to the behaviors of big pharma.

I think my concerns with psychedellic start ups are the same concerns many others have with the cannabis. Personally I just see the activist goals that many of us here in the OMC want to see are pitted against the goals of these start ups.

• coorsmikey likes this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 850 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:47 PM

When money and power is involved, people can rise up to be a prominent voice for the psychedellic movement despite having no skin in the game. People like us have risked our lives to grow magic mushrooms while these corpradellic people raise false hype and bank on psychedellics becoming medicalized but not decriminalized.

The decriminalize nature inicitaves, on the other hand, are fighting for us. These activist groups have actually gotten stuff done that benifet the adv mooshroom grower in the OMC. I'd much rather invest in them :)

• Boorick76 likes this

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 850 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

But...

I think that you will probably make some money with these shroom stocks.

#5 Boorick76

Boorick76

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:11 AM

The aspects of this you have enlightened me with are things that I find important. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm not in it for only money. My son was on the verge of suicide, in the depths darkness. We tried antidepressants and therapy, which helped for a while....in the end we ended in the same darkness place.
I then started sharing my b+ with him. Started on a light dose, which always helped for a while. The life changer came when he consumed almost 6grm of a single giant fruit.
He is now a different person, not in personality, but in his views on life. The deep journey he had, brought his life into perspective. He has been happy since.
These experiences made me want that for others. There aren't good enough treatments for people with ptsd depression ocd etc....
I would like to see the proper research done, to prove these fruits have real value.
At the same time, I don't want the side effects you mentioned.
So, I have invested a small chunk into several start ups. I have neither lost nor gained money(more losses, but not significant). I'm going long term with my mush funds
I lost money on cannabis recently.
  • SteampunkScientist, Moonless and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#6 Boorick76

Boorick76

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

I would also like to be a participant in the studies...... lol
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#7 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,166 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:46 AM

My take is this (and its worth what you paid for it)...

I'm going to continue to make my own "medicine" until such a time that everyone understands that a person and their body belongs entirely to them and what they do with it, is nobody else's business, no god or government.  I suspect many on this site will agree with me on that until such time that I can go to my local grocery store and buy superior products than I can produce on my own, at significantly cheaper prices.  

I wont hold my hand on my ass, but eventually that will become the norm I suppose.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 01 March 2021 - 08:48 AM.

• Coopdog, Moonless, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:04 PM

All drugs should be decriminalized kinda guy, and what if we had good clean semi regulated drugs for the hard stuff??? Would they be as nearly as bad? Seems the main source of damage when it comes to drugs is poor product from illegal markets and then the whole gang/violence issue when large sums of illegal money gets involved.

I don't need a physician or a shaman to tell me that when I drink a beer it can make me feel good. It's a self medication that millions apply. As well it's perfectly legal to lose one's mind on alcohol abuse but nobody would recommend that is good for you. So why can't we apply that same system to all drugs

All drugs should be respected and therefor not abused, this system can provide a great gift to humanity

How the hell did the people in charge of regulation end up being the same folk that have no clue about drugs other than reading negative propaganda in the paper. If it was honest reporting you would be reading every weekend about how someone's life got changed for the positive from psychedelic use

These companies may provide a crowbar towards legalization and that could be a major mind mutation in our benefit, regardless of what they try to do with the law. Hey worse case scenario people just stick with private grows in their basement and the one's that want the quick legal high can pay for that as well

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 01 March 2021 - 06:10 PM.

• SteampunkScientist and Theinvitrowalrus like this

#9 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,166 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:51 AM

Well George Carlin said it best: "Good drugs are the ones that the government taxes" - pretty much explains the situation we are in now...  

• Theinvitrowalrus and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#10 Chips101

Chips101

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:18 PM

I know of a clinic in Las Vegas treating depression and PTSD with ketamine! I have considered going myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#11 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 850 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2021 - 07:51 PM

'm not in it for only money. My son was on the verge of suicide, in the depths darkness. We tried antidepressants and therapy, which helped for a while....in the end we ended in the same darkness place.
I then started sharing my b+ with him. Started on a light dose, which always helped for a while. The life changer came when he consumed almost 6grm of a single giant fruit.
He is now a different person, not in personality, but in his views on life. The deep journey he had, brought his life into perspective. He has been happy since.
These experiences made me want that for others. There aren't good enough treatments for people with ptsd depression ocd etc....

Thats a really touching story man. The mushrooms helped me out of a really bad place too.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!