• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jannifer

jannifer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

I grew a crop of my own Golden Teacher for microdosing purposes. While I found they helped a great deal with depression -- why I was taking them -- they also gave me a terribly short temper. I've read some can havea. similar reaction to taking melatonin too frequently. I've stopped taking them since, because I'd get annoyed at my dog for walking in a different direction than I wanted him to, but it also means that the depression is back. 

Does anyone know if I might have luck playing around with different strains? I'm very new to the cultivation of mushrooms. Had a great fun the first and only time I've grown, but would be happy to try more (even gourmets) if I thought I wasn't growing a bunch of angry pills. 

• Coopdog and greenskeeper like this

#2 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

Did you ever take a large dose to break threw the depression?
That is what helped me threw my depression.
It was not a fun ride tho, i had alotttt of inward reflection that i had to go threw, battle my demons and fine my path to a better future.

Not for everyone.

This took a few strong doses, alone, with very limited distractions
  • Coopdog, bezevo, FLASHINGROOSTER and 2 others like this

#3 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 922 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 07:58 AM

Trying microdosing and macrodosing I agree with Boebs. Gotta blast your brains to bits, rebuild, and then maybe consider a microdose to reinforce the new you...but I think a strong trip and integration is all you need.

• Coopdog and jannifer like this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:02 AM

I don't know if this applies here, but microdosing is more of long term therapy. Meaning that you have to have set goals to work toward over a significant period of time to see the results. It's really not a magic pill that you eat one or two times and expect drastic results that last more than a couple of hours. There has to be the willingness to work on changing other behaviors the feed the condition that one is striving to be free from. The longer the patient microdoses and the more they work on themselves, the results will more evident with the effects lasting longer.
Taking a few microdoses expecting depression to be cured without working on any other factors causing the depression would be akin to taking a microdose and expecting to lose weight overnight but without changing your eating habits that contributed to being overweight in the first place. Where as microdosing for a period of time to help you change the behaviors that lead you to feel like crap is going to be much more effective in the longterm. All the while assisting your brain to adapting or re-wiring itself to accept the healthier lifestyle that makes you feel good and not fall right back in to the bad behaviors.
I agree with the above sentiments of the macro doses being an extra tool to possibly helping oneself see and figure out exactly what one needs to work on. But also at the same time that depends on the condition. If the person is not mental stable then the macro does could go very bad. you friends, family or even yourself even occasionally refer to oneself as psycho then mush more research must be needed. If one is taking psych meds then the effects of the psychedelics will not work a well too. But if it were me and I found myself getting irritated over the direction my dog was walking I would asking myself when the last time I had a good macro dose and looking at my opportunities to get my next one ASAP.
Personally for me, a good macro dose I can see the positive effect carrying me for 3- 12 months. Microdosing I have to do for 3-6 months for the same benefits.

Edited by coorsmikey, 07 February 2021 - 11:08 PM.

• Coopdog, EYMAIOS, bezevo and 8 others like this

#5 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:57 AM

coorsmikey was quite precise in exposing the issue to be treated.

I must add that beyond that, the case should be a matter of medical consultation to investigate the preexisting conditions to be treated.

We are just amateurs here and poor to offer serious advise!!!

• Coopdog, Boebs, jannifer and 1 other like this

#6 jannifer

jannifer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 10:04 PM

Thank you to everyone for your thoughtful responses. I shouldn't have so callously made a direct correlation. I do my best to process my depression in many different ways including macro and microdosing and don't consider either to be a cure. I've had several positive experiences when macrodosing with various materials and maintained a microdose regimen for 4-5 weeks on/off, for a few months following. 

When I microdose psilocybin, I will experience short bursts of disproportionate anger within 8-10 hours of consumption. It dissipates about 24-36 hours after I stop. I wasn't having the same reaction when microdosing other materials. 

This added detail doesn't negate your previous response and perhaps in reading more, you'd still offer the same exact advice -- I don't disagree and take it heart. (In fact, I'm planning my next macrodose.) I simply wondered if this added detail might provoke a different response. Thank you again for your time and thoughtfulness.  

• Coopdog, Boebs and greenskeeper like this

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2021 - 11:15 PM

Well however it goes, I wish you nothing but good vibes on your journey! Here! Have a big ass cyber hug from me!!!
  • Coopdog, Boebs and jannifer like this

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,090 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:51 AM

I grew a crop of my own Golden Teacher for microdosing purposes. While I found they helped a great deal with depression -- why I was taking them -- they also gave me a terribly short temper. I've read some can havea. similar reaction to taking melatonin too frequently. I've stopped taking them since, because I'd get annoyed at my dog for walking in a different direction than I wanted him to, but it also means that the depression is back. 

Does anyone know if I might have luck playing around with different strains? I'm very new to the cultivation of mushrooms. Had a great fun the first and only time I've grown, but would be happy to try more (even gourmets) if I thought I wasn't growing a bunch of angry pills. 

One detail that might be relevant but hasn't been mentioned is what the actual dosage of your "microdose" was.

I've heard/read a few people discussing microdosing who turned out to be taking low doses, which are different from micro-doses. In this context a "low" dose means it produces a noticeable effect (any at all, though this can also be due to the placebo effect so isn't infallible as a way to gauge it). Micro doses by definition do not produce any noticeable acute cognitive effects.

I also agree with the comments about "macro" doses. That's where the real action and greatest therapeutic value is found, and IMO the primary value of microdosing is that it acts as a Trojan Horse to help speed up legalization by sneaking mushrooms into mainstream society. Legalizing them seems to require downplaying their truly staggering, world-changing potential since the mainstream is generally averse to big changes even if they are intended to save their unsustainable asses, too.

• EYMAIOS, jannifer, coAsTal and 2 others like this

#9 Wonky1

Wonky1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

Posts like this make me a little sad and frustrated. I think there are lots of people like Jannifer (and myself) that would appreciate a studied, tested, professional, guided approach to using different tools to address conditions like depression and anxiety. But treating these little mushroom friends as schedule 1 drugs effectively limits the research that can be done - which limits the number of people that can be helped. Nothing news-worthy there, but troubling...

#10 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:23 PM

Dr. James . Fadiman's author of The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide is a good book ........the author is now conducting a survey research .. on mycro dosing .. collecting antidotal information from thousands of  people . i believe inn a  newer adition of his books there are links to participate and see results  of the information gathered  .. so hes attempting to gather and determan  what seems to work best or not work ..  by correlating this info  about micro dosing with various sub at different levels different sceduals

not a pure controled study but if you gather info from 10 thousands  a clear poture starts to show .

its a ggreat book and a few of his lectures on you tube are very interesting .

i thinnk i found a free PDF to  read , but bought a paper  copy later

BEZ

Edited by bezevo, 04 April 2021 - 04:29 PM.

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:50 AM

They seem to heighten your emotional states that's for sure. I often find myself crying watching movies the next day, especially after a big dose. I think there are going to be some mood swings with this particular substance if your looking for smooth balance it may not be the right thing. I realize at lower doses this point may be moot but it is the reasoning behind set and setting. They are not a guaranteed instant happy drug like MDMA or Cocaine

#12 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:55 PM

Fear!! 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!