No replies to this topic

#1 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,134 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

For a guy who definitely got too involved into following and arguing politics this year it has been a nice break and reflection on the matter this past month. I look back on it and wonder how it all happened. (I think it has plenty to do with blurry line of infotainemnt.) The lack of focus on those political issues was the thing I found most attractive about this place when I first arrived.

These news articles are just arguments waiting to happen. On the internet there is so much to learn about and discuss yet we waste time on these divisive issues with no end game in sight. It's not really a discussion so much as let me try to condense the two hours of one sided propaganda I watched today down into a few tag lines and sentences for you to read and accept as fact. While you try to do the exact same thing to me, it essentially becomes a well my daddy said affair...

Jimmy Dore (Whom I am also not watching at the moment) probably has one of the better lines for that issue. It's not a left versus right problem it is a up versus down problem. That is the real game being played, always has and always will be the game. The left right dichotomy serves as the perfect distraction. Everyone is too busy arguing over which version of presented reality is correct, to be able to see that there is no singular truth.

You turn on one of those news shows for just a second and you feel that magnetic pull almost instantly. One has to stop and say, ahhh I know what your doing, the words coming out of your mouth are designed to annoy me, to piss me off, to make me feel as though I am being screwed, all with the goal of stealing my time. They know exactly who their viewers are and what they think, so here come's the feeding tube

Trying to find that balance of keeping your head out of the sand but at the same time staying detached from it all seems to be the trick

Get you enraged so you engage, works like a freaking charm

Let's see how long I make it..... :meditate:  

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 03 February 2021 - 06:43 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!