• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeelandGrower

ZeelandGrower

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 04:49 AM

New member with a bit of experience growing oysters, shiitake and lions mane but need to learn A LOT more, hopefully this site will help. Look forward to interacting everyone. I'm located in southern Louisiana - quite a few wild edibles here. I've managed to cultivate a wild oyster strain that I just transferred from grain to sawdust, hopefully it will fruit in a week or two! 

• Sidestreet, Boebs, FunG and 1 other like this

#2 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:52 PM

Welcome and congrats on your success! I look forward to seeing a grow log of those wild oysters!

• ZeelandGrower likes this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

Heyo!

Best wishes for fruiting that wild oyster. Seems like you are pretty experienced in the cultivation of edibles. Edible grow teks, comments, expertise and logs are a little less common here at mycotopia than their magical counter-parts so we greatly appreciate you joining in the fun.

Feel free to post about your edibles in the gourmet and medicinal mushrooms forum, the magic forum is for the magical species :)

• ZeelandGrower likes this

#4 JewishSpaceLasers

JewishSpaceLasers

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:59 AM

so I'm new here... growing oysters... that a variety of mushrooms?

• Moonless likes this

#5 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 849 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2021 - 02:50 PM

Oysters are a common name for a type of edible mushroom. They come in a variety of colors, sizes and conditions for growing. They are generally easy to grow and thus are common beginner mushrooms.

• Arathu likes this

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:32 PM

Oysters are a common name for a type of edible mushroom. They come in a variety of colors, sizes and conditions for growing. They are generally easy to grow and thus are common beginner mushrooms.

But they are also really tasty and good for you to so while nice for the beginner, ease of growing and pretty forgiving, they are also a regular crop for the seasoned pro and home growers alike....

Welcome to Mycotopia folks...good to have you here....

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!