4 replies to this topic

#1 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:20 AM

Saw this yesterday: https://metro.co.uk/...study-14023757/

My first thought was "I don't think a DMT trip would be my first choice of what to do after having a stroke!" but then read that they use sub-threshold doses.

The implications of this might be significant for more than just treating strokes since it suggests microdosing DMT might be at least as therapeutic as microdosing any psychedelic and possibly more so than most. And if you get your dose wrong you won't be tripping for hours.

Psychedelic drug DMT could help stroke victims recover by rewiring their brains faster, according the first clinical trial of its kind.

It is hoped the substance, also known as the ‘the spirit molecule’, could even be given to patients as soon as they’re in the ambulance, minimising the damage and maximising their recovery.

Algernon Pharmaceuticals, who set out the plan for their study this week, say participants will be given a microdose, which won’t make them ‘trip’, but will still help the neurons in their brain make new connections.

If the trial proves successful and gets regulatory approval, it could open up a whole new world of research for people with multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and many other conditions affecting the brain.

Among the study’s global luminaries is Professor David Nutt, of Imperial College London’s Centre for Psychedelic Research, which has looked into potential of psilocybin (magic mushrooms) to treat depression.

Algernon, based in Vancouver, Canada, are the world’s first company to try using DMT (dimethyltryptamine) for strokes, and if they get promising results, they hope to be fast-tracked by regulators in the US.

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#2 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

I tend to agree with the rewiring assessment. Most people on here could attribute to some changes after psychedelic experiences. I swear every time I take acid it seems to restart certain lazy behaviors such as cleanliness.

• TVCasualty likes this

#3 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:53 AM

My dad has a terrible problem with Multiple screrosis.. I haven't brought up anything to him about micro dosing shrooms or dmt or anything of tye kind.. I brought up using lions mane as a supplement to his treatment and he woukdnt hear of it or do any research.

The treatmenf they have for MS doesnt help regrow any neural networks or anything of the kind it just hurts another part of the body which makes white blood cells attack the affected part of the body and not the brain anymore *hopefully*..

Fucking joke.

#4 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:55 AM

He was on copaxone which is a drug thats very similar to a bees sting and leaves big welts and hurts really bad its subcutaneous and now he takes a pill i vant remember which one it is.. Its scary tho.. If there is more research done and I could help him turn into his old self.. Man shit makes me cry..

Sorry to go off topic. These ppl doing this kind of research are angels.

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,074 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:12 AM

Damn, sorry to hear that.

One thing about Lion's Mane that might make it more palatable (literally) would be to use it as food instead of medicine. It still works as medicine when consumed as food in (for example) a recipe where you can't even tell it's in there. This is made easier by the fact that it's considered a gourmet edible, so it's not like slipping dad some "shrooms."

I don't get the impression that DMT would help MS while I do get the impression that Lion's Mane might, but then I'm not an expert in biomedical pharmacology so I try to stick to ideas that might be beneficial and at the very worst are merely ineffective and harmless.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!