3 replies to this topic

#1 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

I have a few runs of Huatla and Ecuadorian going that look nice and strong, but I would like to get others' opinions on how they are. What what are the pros and cons of each one?
Fruit size, are they large, medium, small? Do they flush in clusters like some cubes do, or are they more solitary with their flushes? Do they taste like complete ass like Puerto Ricans do? I've not worked with either before.
I've come to notice that most central and south american cubes tend to be more introspective, introverted, and rather spiritual am I the only one that notices that?

#2 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:29 AM

You have some next level taste buds if you can tell the difference between cubes. They all taste like shit lol

I didn't think there was anything special about Ecuador (bigger fruits?), Huatla, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, etc.

The only cube that surprised me was Fiji...as it always had really amazing rhizo growth...they were all the same at the end of the day. Need to eat way too much to get what I want.

A cube is a cube to me...you can definitely get lucky and have some stronger cubes right off the MS, but they all need work to be good producers/potent.

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:48 PM

I've only grown Huautla out of the two you mention. It was a fairly strong grower and made a nice canopy from MS. When I cut the pileus from the stipe, it bruised heavily with a bluish green color. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to test them.

https://mycotopia.ne...75#entry1472934

#4 Sillypj

Sillypj

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

So im growing hautla right now and they are excellent on bulk sub...fast growing and easy to work with.20210217_132809.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!