#21 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:20 PM

I find a skiff of dry verm under a bed of grain that receives high volume of GLC works wonders for absorbing excess moisture... which can easily lead to stalling or worse.

Only possible downside I can see in adding verm is if you wanted to milk that of mycelium using a fine-tipped syringe .... which I would do from a different jar , likely.

Jars in pic have popcorn with verm inoc'd by GLC  24 hours before

Also...was going to mention I put verm under each PF cake for same reason (and to help lift off top of glass)

Attached Thumbnails

• noww893.jpg
  • noww7754.jpg
  • nowww976.jpg

Edited by hyphaenation, 21 February 2021 - 07:28 PM.

• Microbe and rockyfungus like this

#22 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,627 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:53 PM

I find a skiff of dry verm under a bed of grain that receives high volume of GLC works wonders for absorbing excess moisture... which can easily lead to stalling or worse.
Only possible downside I can see in adding verm is if you wanted to milk that of mycelium using a fine-tipped syringe .... which I would do from a different jar , likely.
Jars in pic have popcorn with verm inoc'd by GLC  24 hours before
Also...was going to mention I put verm under each PF cake for same reason (and to help lift off top of glass)

That layer of verm in the bottom is a excellent idea. And i may have a solution to allow milking without any worries of clogging your sharp up with verm. Im going to copy that but im going to cut up some small circles of this stainless mesh, and put between the verm and popcorn.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20210222-184518.png

#23 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:22 PM

I have found that any time I run a PC with grain jars, and there is room, a jar or two of verm go in with the run......

Having a quart or two of sterilized verm around for moisture adjustments, especially for emergency hydration issues kinda stuff, is a good thing....

Make sure that "stainless" steel is what they say brother.......

A

• Microbe likes this

#24 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:27 PM

Good call on the verm. I've never had moisture issues as I typically stick to agar. Getting used to GLC and LC has been a learning curve.

My control of G2G is kicking the GLC's ass, but I'm probably over-saturated.

I let my GLC sit for a few days and it myc'd out nicely. I then poured maybe 3 CCs into more containers. If those overtake the original GLC, time to restart those jars.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!