Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

So what do you all think of the new "THC-D8" Oil Vape Cartridges?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:27 AM

So, a buddy of mine owns and operates a very nice CBD store and just got a shipment of the new, legal THC-D8 (at least in our state where regular THC (D9) is still illegal but CBD and other hemp products are legal).

This new D8 extract is legal because our state would have to specifically label it based on its molecular makeup to control it.  So of course I had to try some.

I must say I am fairly impressed! It's about 10 bucks cheaper than I can get "regular" cartridges and I think the effects are very comparable to the "good stuff" - in fact the Sensimilla is even a bit less "stoney" whilst preserving the high and creativity.  Its definitely different, but actually pretty nice in social situations (if you can find any these days!).

Only down side I noticed is that it seems a bit more harsh - no doubt because the extra steps required to extract Delta-8 which is only abou 3% of total THC content in normal hybrids, however I suspect this will change with the high tech growing techniques these days.

So yeah, dont get me wrong, my preference is still old school glass bong and some nice sticky bud, however this is quite nice if you have a pocket vape.

Well, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this new "currently legal" version of the green stuff.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 16 February 2021 - 09:30 AM.

• TVCasualty and Juthro like this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2021 - 09:50 AM

Some of us like it, some of us don't: https://mycotopia.ne...44-delta-8-thc/

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#3 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:21 AM

Guess I should have used the search button....  :biggrin:  :tongue:  Thanks Side - you guys are always way ahead of me. :cool:

Yeah, like all things there are pros and cons, but so far I seem to have no issues.  We shall see!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 16 February 2021 - 10:24 AM.

#4 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:11 AM

I like it enough that I ordered five grams of distillate to make gummies with.  I haven't gotten a vape yet because I'm wary of vapes in general.  If I did get one, I'd want it to be from somewhere with a sterling reputation.

• Juthro, SteampunkScientist, Moonless and 2 others like this

#5 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:45 AM

Good idea!  

I have now, noticed something - not sure if anyone else noticed this, but D8 "seems" to be missing that "sleepy" "in-da-couch" feeling - in fact, it keeps me up at night! I seem to "think" too much when actually trying to fall asleep.  So now I tend not to do it anywhere near bedtime.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this or maybe I am just responding to a "self-suggestion" on this.

• Juthro and Moonless like this

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM

Good idea!  

I have now, noticed something - not sure if anyone else noticed this, but D8 "seems" to be missing that "sleepy" "in-da-couch" feeling - in fact, it keeps me up at night! I seem to "think" too much when actually trying to fall asleep.  So now I tend not to do it anywhere near bedtime.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this or maybe I am just responding to a "self-suggestion" on this.

I got that impression as well. I've only tried it in edibles so far. Seemed more like a sativa-dominant high for sure.

• Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:59 PM

Has anyone noticed how it works with pain?  No one has any around me (at this time anyway), but I'm still curious :)

#8 jrh

jrh

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:32 PM

Interesting. I've never been one to partake, but this is legal is my state so I may go check out a vape shop and see what they have.

#9 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

Has anyone noticed how it works with pain?  No one has any around me (at this time anyway), but I'm still curious :)

It seems to help as much as regular D9 as far as I can tell. I don't need very much as I am a light-weight with regards to THC (luckily! cant imagine my budget if I was a "Snoop Dog" or worse, a "Willie Nelson"  :tongue: ) ...so I probably don't get to the place where I am managing pain.  

• Juthro likes this

#10 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,557 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:45 PM

I like it enough that I ordered five grams of distillate to make gummies with.  I haven't gotten a vape yet because I'm wary of vapes in general.  If I did get one, I'd want it to be from somewhere with a sterling reputation.

As a dude who switched to near complete vaping I would say personally I find it causes a different kind of lung fuckery than regular smoking. More of an inflamed lung situation, I have had moments where if you suck down too much hot air it causes issues, or another theory I have is concentration. The concentrated pens go down smoother with a little more oxygen added when inhaling. Density of cloud gets your higher but also seems to irritate the lungs mores so there seems to be a bit of a balancing act there. Then there is the issue of questioning the cartridges that they come in. Supposedly they have that little green leaf sticker on them that indicated no poisonous metals but that wouldn't exactly be hard to fake either

That being said, stealth and convenience of the pens is undeniable, as well no more black loogies in the morning, my house doesn't smell like shit anymore from smoking all the time inside, and when I laugh I don't explode into a coughing fit so In my case the benefits seem to slightly outweigh the negative sides..... I mean lung cancer or popcorn lung... whatever both are not exactly good for a guy

One thing I think I have discovered recently is with the volcano is waiting a few moments for the air temp in the bag to drop since it can come in hot if you have it cranked up to get the most out of your bud.This seems to combat most of the irritation, but a bag that was made to dense will also cause a coughing fit.

This stuff certainly effects everyone differently. Some people I know say CBD works like a charm for pain and others require some thc in there to get the full effects

What might be a hell of a trip for a guy like me could be an absolute paranoid nightmare for another.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 19 February 2021 - 05:47 PM.

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty, Juthro and 1 other like this

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:45 PM

If you're running a Volcano so that it fills the bag with hot, white smoke then you're half-smoking/half-vaping it.

I had one for a while, and I'd run it at a true vape-only temp which means barely any visible smoke. I did that a couple of times before deciding that it was too slow and subtle for someone like me who was used to hitting a massive bong or huge dabs on the nail. But it would work to get vapor into the lungs of someone who couldn't do it any other way.

I think the harshness of oil pens or wax, etc. is mostly from firing them too hot, which is easier to do when taking several hits in a row. I've gotten to where I can tell when the vapor is coming in too hot and back off or start inhaling air along with it. It can really get harsh when it doesn't seem too hot until the exhale.

• SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#12 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,557 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:26 PM

When I first got my volcano I was doing close to the same thing, but had the same patience/tolerance issues as you. I did find that it was a different high though if one could maintain the discipline. Not to mention it felt like a waste of bud. So I started to make shitty edibles out of the AVB, they don't taste very good but still maximizes the efficiency of the plant material. These days I have been cranking it up higher than recommended and just tossing the AVB. It's difficult to make anything out of it that is not going to taste like roasted flowers

• SteampunkScientist and rockyfungus like this

#13 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

I sold multiple fancy vapes for a dynavape.

Butane powered and rides the edge of combustion...I won’t ever smoke again.

AVB coffee was my go to for a few years...vile

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:55 PM

Stock up while you can if you don't live in a med/rec state, the NY Times let the technicality-cat out of the bag today so it's probably a loophole that will be closed soon: https://www.nytimes....delta-8-9.html?

Thanks a bunch, fuckers.

• Sidestreet and SteampunkScientist like this

#15 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:51 AM

Son of Bitch.

• TheObserver likes this

#16 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:59 PM

Just got five grams of distillate today (~200 doses at 25 mg) that will last quite a while.  Might need to grab some more while the grabbing's good.  Anybody know how to store distillate long-term?

#17 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,180 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:53 AM

could you just freeze it?

• Sidestreet likes this

#18 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,557 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:03 PM

Good question, not really sure

I mean you can freeze weed so why the heck not hey, that whole damage process seems to be about moisture content and there isn't much in there right?

Based on my knowledge with shatter it does keep better in the fridge, never tried cartridges though, they appear to be mostly sealed as far as I can tell but surely a fridge would do little harm to the components

#19 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,279 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:22 PM

Just got five grams of distillate today (~200 doses at 25 mg) that will last quite a while.  Might need to grab some more while the grabbing's good.  Anybody know how to store distillate long-term?

The lower the temperature, the longer it will last. Also keep it away from light.

And five grams of distillate would last me about a month. I sure wish I had a lower tolerance. I can't really get high anymore no matter how much I smoke or vape or whatever. :deadhorse:

#20 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,965 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:18 PM

Yeah I'm definitely a lightweight.  Pretty much weekends only, and even with help I think it will last me a loooooong time.  It came in little hockey puck-shaped containers.  Think lip balm.  I think it probably doesn't need much help to stay good but I might end up finding a spot in the fridge.

I got supplies to make gummies but the molds I got are too small so I have different ones coming.  In the meantime I've got some chocolates and gummies from a local shop. 

• TVCasualty, SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!