Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

So what do you all think of the new "THC-D8" Oil Vape Cartridges?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:04 PM

I just want to plant my own medicine and be left alone.......vaping makes my lungs and chest hurt enough that I won't do it.....

I really like clean fresh air a bunch and I quit smoking 13 years ago.....I do not regret it at all in fact I'm grateful....

My tolerances are ALL low on purpose, it's far cheaper that way...

I do use CBD oil in conjunction with various mushroom teas, meditation, soma breathing, and serious stretching for pain management.....

I seriously underestimated or misjudged the value of good clean cold water.......

A

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, TheObserver and 2 others like this

#22 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

Yeah I'm definitely a lightweight.  Pretty much weekends only, and even with help I think it will last me a loooooong time.  It came in little hockey puck-shaped containers.  Think lip balm.  I think it probably doesn't need much help to stay good but I might end up finding a spot in the fridge.

I got supplies to make gummies but the molds I got are too small so I have different ones coming.  In the meantime I've got some chocolates and gummies from a local shop. 

Those little silicone containers are ubiquitous now, and that sucks since they require too much energy to recycle so the vast majority end up in landfills. The world is going to end up plagued by billions of them on top of all the other plastic and related trash that will endure in the environment for untold millennia.

I think I like it when it was illegal better. All the required "child proof packaging" for legal cannabis is an environmental disaster (some is truly outrageous). At least back in the old days it would only produce a few empty plastic bags, not all the crap associated with packaging and marketing now.

• Sidestreet, TheObserver and SteampunkScientist like this

#23 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,878 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:13 PM

The legal weed packaging is really an atrocious waste for sure. We laughed at how bad it was when it first came out, there have been slight improvements but nothing coming close to stopping the increase in waste. The old Zip lock had to be way better for the enviroment

• Sidestreet, TVCasualty, TheObserver and 1 other like this

#24 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

In my day....a Frisbee was a lid that we got for cheap from the longhair dudes (mine was eventually to the middle of my back), stems and seeds and all, that went into a lunch sack or baggie........I've known people that just put it in their pocket....

Zig Zags were sold at the magazine store along with Marlboro Reds (your poison of choice here)..... the feathers and beads on leather thong with a clip went on your hat.....

Someone ALWAYS ate the roach's.......  :biggrin: With beer.......or stronger....usually both....

I'm fucking lost in the maze of names let alone the types and variances of delivery.....makes me feel old....fashioned....... haha

The dispensary is like Willy Wonka's factory and you got a golden ticket.......

I am glad that the glass bowl was invented.....it beats the hell out of rolling....

I've hit people's vapes and it will kick the shit out of you for sure....but my chest always hurts the next day....

As always.....IMHO

A

• Sidestreet, SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#25 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:54 PM

It's blasphemy to the modern hipster stoner...but all the strains are the same. I have my favorites, but at this point everything is hybridized and indistinguishable.

When I found a good nighttime medicine at a respected dispensary, sometimes it'd come out way too racy.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#26 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,083 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:42 AM

I seriously underestimated or misjudged the value of good clean cold water.......

Water is fucking delicious.  :biggrin:

I just want to plant my own medicine and be left alone.......

I hear that.  If it was an option for me I wouldn't even mess with the distillate.  I can get flower but the D8 is a good alternative for me, especially because it is a lot like a pure sativa.

• TVCasualty, Arathu and SteampunkScientist like this

#27 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:29 AM

I must say the D8 vapes I have gotten are much more harsh (leaving me with a coughing spasm) and gum up my vape device much more than standard oils seem to.  The D8 is clear as well, so not sure about that.

• Sidestreet likes this

#28 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:32 PM

I like it enough that I ordered five grams of distillate to make gummies with.  I haven't gotten a vape yet because I'm wary of vapes in general.  If I did get one, I'd want it to be from somewhere with a sterling reputation.

I'd highly suggest an all glass banger. The vapes will likely give you heavy metals and crap. Also, for more experienced users, you can really get your fix with a good banger that you won't get off the pens.

You probably want an enail, or check the temp with a torch at around 430-460 degrees. You want the kind with cup that hold the oil that you can hold a couple of marbles, and then suck the vapor off the top with more glass heat surface area.

#29 microscopeman

microscopeman

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:42 PM

I just want to plant my own medicine and be left alone.......vaping makes my lungs and chest hurt enough that I won't do it.....

I really like clean fresh air a bunch and I quit smoking 13 years ago.....I do not regret it at all in fact I'm grateful....

My tolerances are ALL low on purpose, it's far cheaper that way...

I do use CBD oil in conjunction with various mushroom teas, meditation, soma breathing, and serious stretching for pain management.....

A

Good clean rosin out of an all glass banger at the proper temperature never hurts or anything for me. If anything, it helps keep your lungs healthy. (THC is a natural bronchial dilator, and Anti-mutagen) The vape carts have added chemicals and are pretty much junk. Stay with glass, and grass, and stay away from chemicals/off terpenes. Good BHO and Ethanol might be ok, but its a coin toss with the harshness. Rosin is where its at in the THC world. I can't comment on CBD.

Too low of a temperature, or super cooling can sometimes cause the vapor to dense up in your throat, so make sure its right around 430-460. As you put the rosin in your banger, it will also change the temperature.

Edited by microscopeman, 15 April 2021 - 09:44 PM.

#30 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:45 PM

There are plenty of good vapes out there from reputable companies... if you're talking about what I think you are. LOL

Cartridges that go on 510 batteries and tanks that go on mod boxes are NOT what I am talking about. I really don't know too much about them. They require a substance that runs like syrup. And, that means (usually) it has been diluted with something. And, that's almost always bad.

Now, if what you have is rosin or shatter or something like that. Unmolested, undiluted cannabis extraction... I can talk about that.

Coils, ceramic or quartz cups are the 3 main choices. Quarts cups are my choice. You can get quartz cups several ways. Banger rig where you use a torch, e-rigs where you use a battery operated base to heat a quartz cup. Or, a Stache RIO. I love this thing.

If you don't mind coils, cheap options like the Boundless Terp Pen are great for $20. I am also not familiar with "distilate" enough to say what would work best wit that. I always thought distillate was a hard solid, crystal type substance.

I love the 21st century. For 5000 years is was dried bud and zig zag papers. LOL Now, we have so much new knowledge to play with.

Peace

Ringo

Edited by Ringo, 15 April 2021 - 09:46 PM.

• Sidestreet, SteampunkScientist and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!