#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,004 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:40 AM

So I just ordered a grow box that is supposed to get to me a week from fruiting. A Box O Mycellium so to speak of some supposedly primo gourmet mushrooms. When I get it I intend to introduce some of that mycellium to some substrate, not made up my mind yet but leaning towards composted Horse manure. God how I wish I could get big boxes of magic mycellium for that price lol. It's basically about 40 bucks for 7 lbs of mycelliated substrate + 8.50 shipping and you are supposed to get a nice series of flushes from each box. Hoping I can propagate another batch from the first one. (We'll see!) I will share pics as it fruits, supposedly from a week to ten days from delivery. Should be interesting and the pink oysters are supposed to be just wonderful edibles. Anyone else tried this cheaters method to grow gourmet mushrooms?

• Skywatcher, Needles and ElPirana like this

#2 Needles

Needles

Locked and Loaded

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:43 AM

I just did the same thing with pink salmons Saturday. Pink oysters are a warm weather fruiting species. They should do well in a tote at room temperature. If you plan on expanding the grow kit then small amounts of the substrate can go to sterile grain. No need for h poo, save that for other species. Once the grain is colonized then sterile nutritious sawdust bags will work fine. Maybe a little wheat straw mixed in. Sound like a fun project, looking forward to seeing a successful grow.......

• Coopdog likes this

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,004 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for the advice! I live in a rainforest in basically an old wet cardboard box lol so growing mushrooms has proven difficult from scratch. I figured taking this shortcut maybe I can pull off something at any rate and sort of feel like I did good lol. I was actually leaning more towards popcorn to start it with anyhow as it is oh hand and generally works well. I said Horse Manure because the company I got this from sells boxes of pre prepped Horse manure as well so I kinda figured that is what they came in. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!