6 replies to this topic

#1 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,134 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:42 AM

When talking about small time growers like many people on this site, do we know anyone personally in real life or that has frequented this site in the past that was busted for cultivation?

I would love to hear any stories of such

Cannabis is a bit of a different situation as far as regulation goes these days but mushrooms are pretty much still illegal everywhere.

Just wondering about the theory of keep it secret keep it safe and you will likely never have to worry about law enforcement intervention. Seems to be when a guy tries to scale up into selling on mass is when Johnny law would find it worth his time to start flipping rocks over

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 748 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

When I was a college freshman I was busted the first time I took lsd. I didn't know anything about drug culture or about the drug and stumbled around in public.

They called the RA and I had a horrible trip because of it. The lsd said I would be ok.

Nothing came out of it since they thought I was incredibly drunk, couldn't find any drugs or perhaps the resedential advisor saved my ass. I got put on school probation, kept my scholarship and ended up getting caught two more times for smoking pot in the fields at night over the next two years. Nothing came of those either except I was on my last "strike" before loosing my scholarship. When I graduated the file on me was destroyed.

Being caught when I was so reckless taught me about stealth and trust. I cultivate a persona that makes me seem like a square because of these experiences. Being busted also gave me some paranoia and difficulties in life due to a conflict between my will (being an initiate of the mushroom which I believe to be a divine teacher) and societal norms.

I am interested in bust because I want to live free and also this site, is it safe for us to share or do we need to have vpns, photo scrubbers, gloves on in pictures always, no location revealing pics, etc? I am wondering if old timers can comment on this with your many years of wisdom.

Edited by Moonless, 21 February 2021 - 12:13 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,638 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:05 PM

This has been covered before, but I will break it down to a simple answer. All the forums in this site are moderated by our members with those permissions. (moderators and app. admin.)

This means that any one of us can delete or add to any posts made by any member, thereby altering the content. This renders any conversations here "unreliable" for accuracy as far as evidence.

We also look out for our members to protect your privacy.

There have been a few times in my recollection, when a member got arrested for outside actions, that the  account was locked to prevent any "unauthorized" access to personal data.

To my knowledge, no member here has ever been busted because of their posts on Mycotopia. The idea however of keeping your grows discrete and not telling your friends or anyone who does not "need" to know in your outside daily life, is always going to be the best way to keep off the radar...

• Sidestreet, Arathu, Baphom3t and 3 others like this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,134 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:10 PM

Thanks Sky, I suppose the situation I was imaging in my head was if a member ever took the time to come on and say hey. I got busted and this is what happened ect.

Do people actually get busted for these small time self grow operations? Surely they are out there but the lack of anecdotal evidence could be a good sign

Any old busted story works for the sake of conversation though, like Mr Moon above.

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,557 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

Thanks Sky, I suppose the situation I was imaging in my head was if a member ever took the time to come on and say hey. I got busted and this is what happened ect.

Do people actually get busted for these small time self grow operations? Surely they are out there but the lack of anecdotal evidence could be a good sign

Any old busted story works for the sake of conversation though, like Mr Moon above.

Yes there a few that have come back after being busted to tell us what happened. Every single incident I recall was not because of their posts and in fact the courts never even brought what they might have said on a public forum as evidence. Usually the hard drugs, Mistreating women, and lots of weapons were more to blame than actual cultivation of mushrooms. When one engages in such behavior the man will stick it all to you so you will do time for at least one of the crimes. Hard drugs can lead to some bad behaviors, and when your accomplice that knows all your secrets should be that last person you treat unkindly no matter how crazy high on drugs she is. The second one lays a hand on her or points a weapon at her you can be pretty sure who turned you in.

Trust no one but be kind to everyone! Especially those who have dirt on you.

Of course most of the situations have been told mostly be hind the curtain, There are some stories out there in view.

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 February 2021 - 08:39 PM.

• Myc, Baphom3t, Juthro and 3 others like this

#6 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,134 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:19 PM

From the few stories I have heard of people getting busted in the drug world it usually stems from a stupid decisions like you said Mikey, like deciding to speed while you were transporting that kilo of coke.

One crime at a time people

Trying to imagine a cop going to a judge and asking for a search warrant for a montotub, especially based on some post's on the internet. Post's that they will have difficulty in proving intent, whether or not it was just all hot air

Seems highly unlikely and more like what you said, you would pretty much have to get snitched on for something like that to go down. Or the cops were there for something else and at that point have to do something.

After growing weed in my basement for a few years I am over the whole raid paranoia thing, not that I haven't had my days though. One time I ran into the basement and started pulling power cords out of the sockets in an attempt to prevent detection from a FLIR camera. Too many pot brownies and youtube videos on how to avoid detection that day.

Thank god that shit is legal now, no more worries.

Well until that CIA helicopter comes back. I am onto you

I have to admit a small part of me liked the danger though.

#7 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 748 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:20 PM

Thanks Skye, Mikey,

Knowing that the site hasn't led to any or been used for arrest is something that makes me feel alot better.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!