#1 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 748 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

Hello everybody,

I have a grow tent that has some seedlings in it. I have a small usb fan blowing in there 24/7 and water more than I should tbh (I give them too much water because their soil is always moist. Most of the soil is pure coco coir but some have verm casing layers. I have fertilized the seeds too. In my grow tent I am dealing with a pretty serious mold in my plants problem. Here is a picture of the mold.

I have just been dealing with a power out that stretched 7 days where my apartment went without heat or water and the plants sat without light for five days, and sat at the window for two. Many of my seedlings are dying from this. I think some will make it but have suffered from the weather. The mold problem was low last week. But after that power outage it is now quite bad and I am worried that the mold will start killing plants now we have the power back online. Do you have any quick fixed and pointers for me as a home botanist to help with this mold and beyond?0c01f343bb32fca5efa89b176cdd407b.jpg

#2 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:44 AM

The thin layer of white mold is easy to get off.

Stop watering and spray all of them with H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide) in a very thin solution. Say 3 ml of 3% Peroxide on 1000 ml of water.
Use fresh solution because the additional oxygen disappears after a while.

When overwatering the roots cannot get enough oxygen. The H2O2 delivers some extra oxygen - one should see positive results on the plants.

It also kills mold and bacteria effectively.

Edited by Alpoehi, 22 February 2021 - 04:11 AM.

• Boebs likes this

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:08 AM

Yup! I second that statement.
I use hydrogen peroxide alot for indoor grows.

Roughly 1:10 ratio with water.
Helps keep the soil fluffy for strong roots and kills most unwanted stuff without worrying about adding chemicals.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!