• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:00 PM

Good evening all. So I am a newbie and I am currently growing Z strain and Brazilians. I inoculated a bunch of grow bags and only a few made it :blush:

Anyway shroomies began growing out of one of the cakes so I removed it and placed it in a humidity dome. Problem is they are all stem and no cap! I assumed these were some kind of pre growth flukes so I removed them but the new flush is the same thing.

Here's the specs

Bag was 1 pound boom from forest origins

Took several months to colonize

I had them labeled but I am not sure if this is Brazilian or Z-strain.

2 flushes so far.

Misted and aired out 4 times a day.

I have grown golden teachers in this thing so I don't think that's it.

Attached Thumbnails

• hroom.jpg
  • hroom (2).jpg

• jrh likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,571 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:07 PM

Them oysters need lots more air and possibly some light as well. Cubes can do that as well when kept in the dark and sealed up tight. Got any pics of the cubes? When ya'll figure it out I can move this to the Gourmet Forum. If it were me I would soak those blocks overnight in water and leave them on my kitchen counter misting a few times a day. Oh and I would work on better strategy for labeling as well. Cook them up with some onion and butter.......Yum!

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 February 2021 - 07:14 PM.

• sandman likes this

#3 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,000 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:27 AM

Yes those are a mislabeled spore syringe, they are Oyster mushrooms not Z strain or Brazilian Cubensis...Not the good stuff just the tasty stuff. 

Edited by sandman, 23 February 2021 - 08:28 AM.

#4 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:02 AM

Dang that's what I was thinking! These look more like oysters. I got em from a supplier that only deals in cubes. Weird stuff. I'll soak and mist them and give them more air and see if anything changes.

#5 FunG

FunG

certified something

• Banned Member
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:51 PM

SolitaryTree, I'd be one pissed off customer if I were you.

If you would like a cubensis spore print I'd be more then happy to send you one rather then potentially go through the same scenario again.

You cant exactly tell the vendor that you grew them out when they're always labelled "for microscopy purposes only" unless of course you've obtained special permission to do so.

Keep the syringes and reuse them, all I have to offer currently is GWM and very soon "lizard king". Pm if intrested.
  • rockyfungus likes this

#6 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 697 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:21 PM

@Solitary Tree, damn dude that's a burn, I'd be pretty pissed. But don't waste those oysters, thems is good eats. :)
Vendors should have their stuff labeled properly, but sometimes mistakes happen. If you buy from a vendor make sure they are reputable within the cultivation community, but even then mistakes can happen.
You're in a good place to get help with good folk that can help you.

#7 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,305 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:56 PM

They look like albino leeches.  :biggrin:

#8 sandman

sandman

That Motherfucker

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,000 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:04 AM

I'm sure the vendor had the label right, if you have oysters growing near where you print guess what your prints are gonna be oysters they are hardy like the weedest of weeds.

If you impregnate your wife with oysters in the room, your kid is gonna come out looking like a fuckin albino leach as it were. Probably what happened to funG.

Edited by sandman, 25 February 2021 - 08:04 AM.

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,969 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:14 PM

You cant exactly tell the vendor that you grew them out when they're always labelled "for microscopy purposes only" unless of course you've obtained special permission to do so.

We can absolutely demand a refund or replacement from such a vendor after pointing out to them that we used our microscope to ID them to species and determined they were not even the correct genus.

I'm sure the vendor had the label right, if you have oysters growing near where you print guess what your prints are gonna be oysters they are hardy like the weedest of weeds.

If you impregnate your wife with oysters in the room, your kid is gonna come out looking like a fuckin albino leach as it were. Probably what happened to funG.

Okay, we get it, lol. Part of me feels compelled to moderate your last comment a bit (to address the passive aggressive insult) but another part of me is aware of how futile that would be in light of my summarily-deleted efforts at steering such discussions back on track organically (which tends to last) rather than by force (which doesn't). It makes me look incompetent when dialogues get deleted halfway through a process because they weren't progressing in the desired direction fast enough so I'm just observing ...whatever this is now and watching to see what happens.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!