• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:34 AM

So i am getting back into growing cubensis after a stint with exotics and i am very happy to see some very interesting new hybrids and mutations. I was trying to get someone who has grown at least one of the PE strains, preferably PEU because those i feel are the strongest but that is completely subjective so i will accept either PE/APE/or PEU as a comparative. I dont want to hear someone say there just as good as other cubes, no they arent, lol.
I just want to get a strain of equal potency to PEU. Ill post some pics. Please post pics if you have grown any strains and got bruising like in the pictures i post of a PEU harvest of mine along with some other fruit for comparison. Please post some pics if youve had any other strains come out looking that intimidating. If not i guess ill just stick with what i know, i was just interested to see if anyone here had tried those new mutations that look VERY similar to true albino penis envys. Ghost and yeti look just like PE but idk if they deliver the same punch and dont trust reddit like i do mycotopia so what so you guys?b9c8af698800f034fe901e64f8a58167.jpg9158b4809bc903b365582f23a0cfacc7.jpg64668114f18770a6852e7bb0c2be7ac3.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
  • Salty117 and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:38 AM

Good day. I have grown PE uncut, APE and yeti with APE being the strongest as of yet. In terms of ease of growing and size of fruits yeti has been the easiest and has thrown out a few 100g + fruits (wet of course) out of a single quart of popcorn spawn. Following these various new strains/crosses/mutations it seems as though Ghost is regarded as equal potency to APE but produces smaller fruits and isn't grown for yield. I've got ghost on agar but have been struggling with all my jars contaminating recently. Interestingly, the last batch of popcorn that I prepped and PC'd I didn't open or innoculate with anything after the PC. They all triched out after a week so it seems that my sterilizing procedure was flawed in some way despite PCing at 15PSI for 2hrs. Guess this kinda proved a theory that was floating around this place wrong... 

Anyway, I digress. I highly recommend both yeti and ghost from experience and following the stuff coming from that group quite carefully. I don't think you will get the same potency out of Jack Frost but damn are they pretty fruits! I'll post some photos for you when I can.

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#3 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:09 AM

Good day. I have grown PE uncut, APE and yeti with APE being the strongest as of yet. In terms of ease of growing and size of fruits yeti has been the easiest and has thrown out a few 100g + fruits (wet of course) out of a single quart of popcorn spawn. Following these various new strains/crosses/mutations it seems as though Ghost is regarded as equal potency to APE but produces smaller fruits and isn't grown for yield. I've got ghost on agar but have been struggling with all my jars contaminating recently. Interestingly, the last batch of popcorn that I prepped and PC'd I didn't open or innoculate with anything after the PC. They all triched out after a week so it seems that my sterilizing procedure was flawed in some way despite PCing at 15PSI for 2hrs. Guess this kinda proved a theory that was floating around this place wrong... 

Anyway, I digress. I highly recommend both yeti and ghost from experience and following the stuff coming from that group quite carefully. I don't think you will get the same potency out of Jack Frost but damn are they pretty fruits! I'll post some photos for you when I can.

Thank you! That is a pretty good response, but i would like more detail.... and I have heard that Ghost and Yeti are "regarded" as being as potent as APE but i want to know your personal opinion on which one makes you trip the hardest, which one bruises the easiest (those picture of the PEUs were from me harvesting them really gently, they were just so full of psilocin they turned really blue once i picked them, and that was the most potent batch of cubes i have ever had, so now i take dark bruising as a sign of heavy potency as it has always been so in my experience.

And you really found APE to be stronger than PEU? I mean they are just 2 variants of when workman crossed PE with albino PF classic and out came both APE and PEU, but i personally found PEU to be strongest, but i would agree that APE could be just as strong sometimes, however i do agree that both PEU and APE are both stronger than all other cubes that i have had so far.

I am also interested in the potency of the Enigma mutation, i know it is a mutation from tidal wave, which is a cross between penis envy and B+, so if anyone has tried that please let me know about it. I am just interested in penis envy crosses and mutations, and ghost and yeti because they look just like true albino PE but are supposedly mutations from the albino teachers VERY cool looking, but they may look like a PE but are they as potent as one is the question.... And Jack Frost is a hybrid of albino PE and The True Albino Teachers, and damn do they look badass but do they have the same potency as APEs?  So if anyone knows please lay it on me. These are some really cool strains that are all over reddit but sadly i cant find too much info on here about them....I wish i had more space for cubensis grows, cuz then i could try them all and post info, but really i dont trip super often and i use most of my space for exotics... Hence why i want to make a good decision on which cubensis strain i am growing.

Im thinking i should maybe just stick with PEU because i know it great.... Have you tried KSSS and do you know if its any good compared to PE? I have it in the FC with some PEU at the moment actually.

#4 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:34 PM

I can’t keep up with all the cube varieties anymore. It’s gotten to be very much like the cannabis market name wise. Where do they even come from?
  • pastyoureyes, Stencill86 and ChocolateStarfish like this

#5 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:29 PM

KSSS is the worst strain in the entire world to grow. But the fruits are pretty good potency wise.

Just hope you like a carpet of 2-5mm tall mushrooms that are impossible to harvest.

Edited by sandman, 25 February 2021 - 02:26 PM.

• coorsmikey and ChocolateStarfish like this

#6 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:39 AM

KSSS is the worst strain in the entire world to grow. But the fruits are pretty good potency wise.

Just hope you like a carpet of 2-5mm tall mushrooms that are impossible to harvest.

LOLOL I have seen some pretty interestin pics of it showing exactly what you are talking about... and i know they are probably pretty potent, but are they on PEU or APE level? If not i mean im already growing it. Also, I am doing a bulk grow of the KSSS, is a casing a good idea with this strain to help prevent the carpet cluster issue, or not using one may help prevent it? I am fixing to add a casing to it today.

#7 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:45 AM

I can’t keep up with all the cube varieties anymore. It’s gotten to be very much like the cannabis market name wise. Where do they even come from?

All of the variants i am asking about are either mutations of the true albino teacher, which is an albino version of the golden teacher strain, or combiations of true albino teacher and APE. So all of these strains i mentioned have come from mutations, just like PE, and mutation crosses.

#8 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:54 AM

Thank you! That is a pretty good response, but i would like more detail.... and I have heard that Ghost and Yeti are "regarded" as being as potent as APE but i want to know your personal opinion on which one makes you trip the hardest, which one bruises the easiest (those picture of the PEUs were from me harvesting them really gently, they were just so full of psilocin they turned really blue once i picked them, and that was the most potent batch of cubes i have ever had, so now i take dark bruising as a sign of heavy potency as it has always been so in my experience.

And you really found APE to be stronger than PEU? I mean they are just 2 variants of when workman crossed PE with albino PF classic and out came both APE and PEU, but i personally found PEU to be strongest, but i would agree that APE could be just as strong sometimes, however i do agree that both PEU and APE are both stronger than all other cubes that i have had so far.

I am also interested in the potency of the Enigma mutation, i know it is a mutation from tidal wave, which is a cross between penis envy and B+, so if anyone has tried that please let me know about it. I am just interested in penis envy crosses and mutations, and ghost and yeti because they look just like true albino PE but are supposedly mutations from the albino teachers VERY cool looking, but they may look like a PE but are they as potent as one is the question.... And Jack Frost is a hybrid of albino PE and The True Albino Teachers, and damn do they look badass but do they have the same potency as APEs?  So if anyone knows please lay it on me. These are some really cool strains that are all over reddit but sadly i cant find too much info on here about them....I wish i had more space for cubensis grows, cuz then i could try them all and post info, but really i dont trip super often and i use most of my space for exotics... Hence why i want to make a good decision on which cubensis strain i am growing.

Im thinking i should maybe just stick with PEU because i know it great.... Have you tried KSSS and do you know if its any good compared to PE? I have it in the FC with some PEU at the moment actually.

There are a lot of variables you need to consider. Potency of APE from grower to grower will vary. Potency of PEU from grower to grower will vary. Different genetic isolations you make will vary in potency. So the PEU I grew is likely going to be quite different to the one you grew. There are also subtle differences across the strains and something to consider. I wouldn't recommend going for potency as your main choice. All the ones you're interested in are potent and will have subtle differences in the trip they take you on. Certainly use it to guide your choice but take other things such as aesthetics, yield and the challenge into account too. At least that would be my suggestion. 

#9 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:22 AM

a06911bfdcc4f30b949e1e6fd556e01d.jpg

• Salty117 likes this

#10 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

Apparently all you have to do now is mix spores together and wham-o, new strain.
  • sandman likes this

#11 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:18 PM

"Apparently all you have to do now is mix spores together and wham-o, new strain.'

A subtle dig at Fahster's work?

#12 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

He is at least documenting what he is doing and you can believe it or not.

Every other week theres some new bullshit strain from the social media sites, probably dont even mix spores just dilute a syringe from a reputable vendor relabeled it and sell as the strain du jour.
  • sandman and Nicked like this

#13 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,977 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

Yeah... i noticed.

Also Fahster is generously giving away and not financially capitalizing on his work. It's costing him money to send...

Edited by hyphaenation, 26 February 2021 - 01:28 PM.

• sandman and pastyoureyes like this

#14 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:28 PM

Back on topic though I will soon have some PEU fruits to compare.
  • sandman and ChocolateStarfish like this

#15 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

I want to note on my image that it looks like someone poorly photoshopped APE int he #2 spot.

#16 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:43 PM

Every other week theres some new bullshit strain from the social media sites, probably dont even mix spores just dilute a syringe from a reputable vendor relabeled it and sell as the strain du jour.

There are some people doing great work and then there are others that renaim something random and call it Peacock... You just have to sift through the bullshit and make sure you're following the people that are doing good stuff. The isolates like Yeti and Ghost are not crosses but stabilized phenotypes from the particularly unstable True Albino Teacher lineage and now a shit load of crosses are happening from those isolates. Some look cool and quite different like Jack Frost for instance and others don't. I do agree that there's a lot of bullshit being peddled out there and it's making a mess of things.

#17 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:53 PM

narrator: it was all bullshit

#18 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:35 PM

There are some people doing great work and then there are others that renaim something random and call it Peacock... You just have to sift through the bullshit and make sure you're following the people that are doing good stuff. The isolates like Yeti and Ghost are not crosses but stabilized phenotypes from the particularly unstable True Albino Teacher lineage and now a shit load of crosses are happening from those isolates. Some look cool and quite different like Jack Frost for instance and others don't. I do agree that there's a lot of bullshit being peddled out there and it's making a mess of things.

I think it's bad form to be renaming a strain because it has been isolated. Next people will be renaming them every time they take a sporeprint. Soon you'll have no idea what you have anymore.

The only way I'll be sifting bullshit is if it's going into my substrate.
  • sandman likes this

#19 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

pastyoureyes is my spirit animal <3

Honestly I am not up to date with the jackfucks and the albino assrockets and all the whizbangs

Are they isolates only like clone only weed or are they printing it and then calling it that still? I really don't give half a fuck I am just curious. 

• Sidestreet and pastyoureyes like this

#20 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:11 AM

I think it's bad form to be renaming a strain because it has been isolated. Next people will be renaming them every time they take a sporeprint. Soon you'll have no idea what you have anymore.

The only way I'll be sifting bullshit is if it's going into my substrate.
I disagree. A hell of a lot of work goes into these things. An albino mushroom pops up in a Golden Teacher tub and they take it through seven odd generations from spore to stabilize the Albino traits and then name it True Albino Teachers. During this time a few mutant mushrooms pop up that are very similar in look to Penis Envy, except they're Albino, grow large and have these really nice wavy caps. So they take spores from those, stabilize them through however many generations needed and then name them. Same story with Ghost. Now essentially what you're saying is these stabilized phenotypes should all still be called Golden Teachers?
  • coorsmikey, Salty117, psilyguy808 and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!