#21 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:43 AM

He is at least documenting what he is doing and you can believe it or not.
Every other week theres some new bullshit strain from the social media sites, probably dont even mix spores just dilute a syringe from a reputable vendor relabeled it and sell as the strain du jour.

There are some people doing great work and then there are others that renaim something random and call it Peacock... You just have to sift through the bullshit and make sure you're following the people that are doing good stuff. The isolates like Yeti and Ghost are not crosses but stabilized phenotypes from the particularly unstable True Albino Teacher lineage and now a shit load of crosses are happening from those isolates. Some look cool and quite different like Jack Frost for instance and others don't. I do agree that there's a lot of bullshit being peddled out there and it's making a mess of things.
I think it's bad form to be renaming a strain because it has been isolated. Next people will be renaming them every time they take a sporeprint. Soon you'll have no idea what you have anymore.
The only way I'll be sifting bullshit is if it's going into my substrate.
I disagree. A hell of a lot of work goes into these things. An albino mushroom pops up in a Golden Teacher tub and they take it through seven odd generations from spore to stabilize the Albino traits and then name it True Albino Teachers. During this time a few mutant mushrooms pop up that are very similar in look to Penis Envy, except they're Albino, grow large and have these really nice wavy caps. So they take spores from those, stabilize them through however many generations needed and then name them. Same story with Ghost. Now essentially what you're saying is these stabilized phenotypes should all still be called Golden Teachers?
Were you able to find any documentation on the work done to create these strains? I did some quick google fu and haven't found anything yet.

Edited by pastyoureyes, 28 February 2021 - 03:30 AM.

• sandman and ChocolateStarfish like this

#22 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:43 AM

I've been growing and printing the same AA+ strain and selecting for quality huge fruits for over 30 generations, should I go ahead and rename it to Albino Ass-rockets? I think I will. AA-R if you will, look for it at a sporevendor near you.

Edited by sandman, 28 February 2021 - 07:44 AM.

• pastyoureyes, psilyguy808 and ChocolateStarfish like this

#23 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:59 AM

I've been growing and printing the same AA+ strain and selecting for quality huge fruits for over 30 generations, should I go ahead and rename it to Albino Ass-rockets? I think I will. AA-R if you will, look for it at a sporevendor near you.

You should not but what is there to stop you?
  • sandman likes this

#24 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:52 PM

Every other week theres some new bullshit strain from the social media sites, probably dont even mix spores just dilute a syringe from a reputable vendor relabeled it and sell as the strain du jour.

There are some people doing great work and then there are others that renaim something random and call it Peacock... You just have to sift through the bullshit and make sure you're following the people that are doing good stuff. The isolates like Yeti and Ghost are not crosses but stabilized phenotypes from the particularly unstable True Albino Teacher lineage and now a shit load of crosses are happening from those isolates. Some look cool and quite different like Jack Frost for instance and others don't. I do agree that there's a lot of bullshit being peddled out there and it's making a mess of things.
I think it's bad form to be renaming a strain because it has been isolated. Next people will be renaming them every time they take a sporeprint. Soon you'll have no idea what you have anymore.
I disagree. A hell of a lot of work goes into these things. An albino mushroom pops up in a Golden Teacher tub and they take it through seven odd generations from spore to stabilize the Albino traits and then name it True Albino Teachers. During this time a few mutant mushrooms pop up that are very similar in look to Penis Envy, except they're Albino, grow large and have these really nice wavy caps. So they take spores from those, stabilize them through however many generations needed and then name them. Same story with Ghost. Now essentially what you're saying is these stabilized phenotypes should all still be called Golden Teachers?
Were you able to find any documentation on the work done to create these strains? I did some quick google fu and haven't found anything yet.
It's well documented through the TAT syndicate Facebook group but not entirely sure about other places.
  • Salty117 likes this

#25 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:57 PM

Sure go for it. I've seen people label prints for sale as "Giant Golden Teacher isolate". Something I wouldn't be interested in, in the slightest and don't particularly believe in.

I would struggle to buy a set of swabs of the following if it was labeled Golden Teacher (this is yeti).

be93514a3dec990c37d178f4f4017ce4.jpg23fdaa7de75f4f9eed4cc3d7ff819bb3.jpg7d1e3b537bc9ee765121b0fda877dd8f.jpg
  • coorsmikey, Salty117, ChocolateStarfish and 1 other like this

#26 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:10 PM

It's well documented through the TAT syndicate Facebook group but not entirely sure about other places.

So it's documented in a closed facebook group that I dont have access to. That's very helpful.

#27 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:09 PM

Hi nicked is that grown from a swab or is that grown from a culture that you got or is that someone else's grow? 

#28 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:05 PM

This is APE from a vendor syringe, they look quite different than what I expected from the image on the vendor site. I have no doubt they are in fact APE. Three tubs so far have thrown off these snowmen with hats/eyeball looking fruits.

gallery_150062_1761_3262412.jpg

I have two ideas as to why this may be occurring in my tubs.
1. Environmental factors are causing them to stay short and fat.
2. A large amount of strong genetics are present in the tub and none are reaching their full potential due to overcrowding.
  • Sidestreet, ChocolateStarfish, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#29 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:27 AM

Hi nicked is that grown from a swab or is that grown from a culture that you got or is that someone else's grow? 

It's grown from a swab I purchased from the peron that stabilized these genetics. This was my first grow from these genetics

• sandman, Salty117 and ChocolateStarfish like this

#30 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:29 AM

So it's documented in a closed facebook group that I dont have access to. That's very helpful.

It's not necessarily closed. Anyone can request to join. I'll have a look and see what I can find on the group and post it here. 

#31 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:58 AM

I don't use facebook so that's a hoop I wont be jumping through with you.

#32 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:02 AM

You said "It's well documented through the TAT syndicate Facebook group but not entirely sure about other places." Before you have seen that it was documented there?

#33 Nicked

Nicked

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 296 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:18 AM

You said "It's well documented through the TAT syndicate Facebook group but not entirely sure about other places." Before you have seen that it was documented there?

Yes it has been through regular posts and updates but I am not sure if a document or proper write up has been done which is what I need to look for and post here cos I really don't want to post a million facebook screenshots on here... 

#34 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:20 AM

LOL yes that does sound tedious if it's all individual posts.

#35 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:47 PM

Good day. I have grown PE uncut, APE and yeti with APE being the strongest as of yet. In terms of ease of growing and size of fruits yeti has been the easiest and has thrown out a few 100g + fruits (wet of course) out of a single quart of popcorn spawn. Following these various new strains/crosses/mutations it seems as though Ghost is regarded as equal potency to APE but produces smaller fruits and isn't grown for yield. I've got ghost on agar but have been struggling with all my jars contaminating recently. Interestingly, the last batch of popcorn that I prepped and PC'd I didn't open or innoculate with anything after the PC. They all triched out after a week so it seems that my sterilizing procedure was flawed in some way despite PCing at 15PSI for 2hrs. Guess this kinda proved a theory that was floating around this place wrong... 

Anyway, I digress. I highly recommend both yeti and ghost from experience and following the stuff coming from that group quite carefully. I don't think you will get the same potency out of Jack Frost but damn are they pretty fruits! I'll post some photos for you when I can.

Thank you! That is a pretty good response, but i would like more detail.... and I have heard that Ghost and Yeti are "regarded" as being as potent as APE but i want to know your personal opinion on which one makes you trip the hardest, which one bruises the easiest (those picture of the PEUs were from me harvesting them really gently, they were just so full of psilocin they turned really blue once i picked them, and that was the most potent batch of cubes i have ever had, so now i take dark bruising as a sign of heavy potency as it has always been so in my experience.

And you really found APE to be stronger than PEU? I mean they are just 2 variants of when workman crossed PE with albino PF classic and out came both APE and PEU, but i personally found PEU to be strongest, but i would agree that APE could be just as strong sometimes, however i do agree that both PEU and APE are both stronger than all other cubes that i have had so far.

I am also interested in the potency of the Enigma mutation, i know it is a mutation from tidal wave, which is a cross between penis envy and B+, so if anyone has tried that please let me know about it. I am just interested in penis envy crosses and mutations, and ghost and yeti because they look just like true albino PE but are supposedly mutations from the albino teachers VERY cool looking, but they may look like a PE but are they as potent as one is the question.... And Jack Frost is a hybrid of albino PE and The True Albino Teachers, and damn do they look badass but do they have the same potency as APEs?  So if anyone knows please lay it on me. These are some really cool strains that are all over reddit but sadly i cant find too much info on here about them....I wish i had more space for cubensis grows, cuz then i could try them all and post info, but really i dont trip super often and i use most of my space for exotics... Hence why i want to make a good decision on which cubensis strain i am growing.

Im thinking i should maybe just stick with PEU because i know it great.... Have you tried KSSS and do you know if its any good compared to PE? I have it in the FC with some PEU at the moment actually.

There are a lot of variables you need to consider. Potency of APE from grower to grower will vary. Potency of PEU from grower to grower will vary. Different genetic isolations you make will vary in potency. So the PEU I grew is likely going to be quite different to the one you grew. There are also subtle differences across the strains and something to consider. I wouldn't recommend going for potency as your main choice. All the ones you're interested in are potent and will have subtle differences in the trip they take you on. Certainly use it to guide your choice but take other things such as aesthetics, yield and the challenge into account too. At least that would be my suggestion. 

Actually i have read a few different posts, and sites, and vendor "information pieces" where people generally agree PEU is the strongest PE variant, but you are right, and it is common knowledge that each grow will vary in potency, but i am asking people who have grown these guys multiple times and have probably seen the full spectrum of each strains highs and lows, im not really trying to get info from newbs, though all are welcome to give their opinion.

And while i appreciate you, those arent really facts i need to consider, first off the asthetic isnt a huge deal for me because I think all of these strains that i mentioned look pretty equally cool. Yield is something i would like to take into account but that is something i can adjust with cloning if i really like the strain like i like PEU. and to me, i dont care about the "subtle differences" in the trips the different variants of cubensis can take me on, if i want a different kind of trip, ill take a different species as that is mostly what i grow. lol. And lastly, the difficulty of cultivation isnt an issue with any strain of cubensis for me, cubes are like the easiest mushroom in the world to grow, even the more finicky strains are still ridiculously easy when compared to more challenging species like zapotecorum or caerulescens, which ill have them fruiting in the same conditions as them, so these cubes will be getting way more care than i would normally give any cube.

Back on topic though I will soon have some PEU fruits to compare.

Oh man you are going to love them! I usually dont grow cubes because I have to eat too many, but with PEU's i can eat 2.5 Gs and it be equal to about 7.5 Gs of normal cubes.. post pics! also wait for the caps to turn bluish before harvesting, otherwise they wont have spores yet. Did you get your spores from sporeworks?

#36 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:10 PM

Correct source. That bluing looks ungodly. Any advice on how to coax out the spores?
  • ChocolateStarfish likes this

#37 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:45 PM

Correct source. That bluing looks ungodly. Any advice on how to coax out the spores?

Oh yeah, and that bluing is just from picking, I was even being really careful not to bruise them, and they still came out like that. Every single fruit blued just as intensely and it was a multi-spore grow. However, i have grown it on other occasions and dont alway get the same bluing effect, but only in really hardcore neglected grows where i actually mixed colonized PEU grainspawn with colonized Ecuadorian grainspawn, and sadly only a couple PEU fruits came up out of it eve though i used the same amount of spawn of each, but those ecuadorians were pretty strong for normal cubes. but seriously, if you put, even just a little bit of love into you PEU's you'll get some beauties that are as potent as it gets for cubensis in my, and apparently a lot of other peoples' opinions. And to get spores just wait for the caps to darken and take on a bluish tint. You will know what I mean when you see it, and it is probably best to buy some sterile cotton swabs and just make spore swabs instead of prints, because these arent supposed to be great printers from what i hear, though i have personally never tried. I did see some of the older PEU fruits in my grows that totally looked printable and I really wish i did because i had to reorder the genetics from sporeworks recently due to my LC contaminating:/ 

Still very interested in what people have to say about the likes of Jack Frost, Ghost, Yeti, and even true albino teacher in comparison to PE, APE, and PEU as i find those to be the most interesting cubensis, and from what i can gather, are generally the most potent cubensis, but I guess like with most things, its probably best to find out myself, but i figured id ask and try to save myself a little time by asking some like-minded individuals. So if anyone out there has tried APE, PE, or PEU and also tried Jack Frost, Yeti, Ghost, or True Albino Teacher, please tell me, which one did you think was more potent? Which one had you laughing for 45 minutes straight? Which one is the most colorful? Which one has the highest or lowest body load or drunk feeling? I have taken my fair share of exotic psilocybes, and i know good mushrooms, and PEU produce one of the most colorful trips you can have, i recall closing my eyes and watching clown faces morphing into rainbows and beautifully coloured sunsets and littered with hot-air balloons, just outrageously colorful (ESPECIALLY when compared to other cubensis), and it gives you bad laughing fits (which arent bad, theyre usually enjoyable) that can last for a long time, they can leave your stomach muscles cramping though which sucks a little i suppose. Lastly it doesnt have the worst body load, but it is cubensis and so it does have some body load which isn't great, but its part of a cube trip, and imo it is the most potent psilocybe cubensis strain- thats kinda what i am looking for, someone to review these other mushrooms lol and compare them to PE, APE, or PEU. 

• sandman likes this

#38 sandman

sandman

Saint PP

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,133 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:44 PM

I haven't tried those yetis or other newer ones, but "Leucistic Penis Envy Uncut" has been my personal strongest strain over all and I saw someone on shroomery that I know for a fact has been involved in at least a couple of those say similar if I am not mistaken.

The ladies, they go crazy.

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#39 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:22 PM

I tried making swabs with APE the way you suggested and I dont think I picked up any spores. I took a few swabs and streaked plates. Got no growth other than one which was some kind of pink contaminate. I might try placing part of the swab on a plate as well as trying a different agar recipe as it seems PDA may not be good for spore germination.

Edited by pastyoureyes, 03 March 2021 - 10:23 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#40 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:32 AM

I tried making swabs with APE the way you suggested and I dont think I picked up any spores. I took a few swabs and streaked plates. Got no growth other than one which was some kind of pink contaminate. I might try placing part of the swab on a plate as well as trying a different agar recipe as it seems PDA may not be good for spore germination.

Another method is. letting the mushroom mature and darken like i said, and then cut the stem off like you normally would for printing, get some tin foil. Break the cap up into 1/4ths so you can put the gills against the foil, put it on the tin foil and put a cup over it for 12 hours and then wait for spores to drop. Once you pick it up you should have little oddly shaped spore prints, and then swab those up, or just use it as a spore print like that if its good enough. Tbh this is probably the better route

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!