• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SelfTransformingMachineElf

SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:45 PM

Hi everybody.  I used to frequent this site a decade or so back, before H3 went on.  But enough about me, my postings here will be about my friend "Iam" and "I've".

I've had relatively good success with PF tek - pushed those limits back in the day.  Now Iam happy to enjoy this as a practice and a hobby, instead of a necessity.  My wife read and loved "Entangled Life" by Merlin Sheldrake, and I'm reading it now.  I've always wanted to have success with Copelandia and Mexicana, so Iam hoping to be able to share stories and completely Photoshopped images in the near future.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have any good security links?  Iam on ProtonVPN, and hoping that affords me a good degree of privacy.  Iam not a fan of sunglasses and polyester coats with three letters on the back.

Life's a lot different now than it was the last time I was around.  No more cramped apartment fiddling - I've just got all the space in the world, and not a care in it.

Iam hoping to make some meaningful contributions.  My earlier time here really grew me up and set me on a path that, while bumpy and windy, I wouldn't trade for anything.

One area Iam eager to research is the use of Raspberry Pi and Arduino in moisture, temperature, and fresh-air control.  In other words, automation.  I've gone and got a few useful degrees, and Iam looking forward to extending them to hobbies.

Iam glad to be back.  I've thought about this place often.

• Sidestreet, Moonless, Theinvitrowalrus and 2 others like this

#2 EYMAIOS

EYMAIOS

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:24 AM

WELLCOME BACK!

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:57 AM

Welcome back.

Iam on ProtonVPN, and hoping that affords me a good degree of privacy.

Proton has a good reputation and is based in Switzerland, which is supposed to be a good country to have your VPN service:  https://www.liquidvp...reat-place-vpn/

I use their e-mail and like it a lot.

• Microbe and SelfTransformingMachineElf like this

#4 SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:49 AM

It's hard to find an email service that doesn't require SMS notification these days and is worth attempting to use.  Proton mail does seem good, and so does their VPN!  I throw Brave Tor private browsing on top - just to be extra safe I guess.   :tinfoil:

#5 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2021 - 06:43 AM

Welcome back.

Iam on ProtonVPN, and hoping that affords me a good degree of privacy.

Proton has a good reputation and is based in Switzerland, which is supposed to be a good country to have your VPN service: https://www.liquidvp...reat-place-vpn/

I use their e-mail and like it a lot.
I too use their email. You mentioned hoping that you get a good degree of privacy......how long have you been using ProtonVPN? There are a lot of VPN servers that are very shady. Sure your IP server no longer can gather and sell your info to the highest bidder, but now all your data is on the VPN server and they could potentially sell it. Im hoping Signal (the gold standard encryption app) makes a VPN. I will look in to the ProtonVPN as im really happy with the security of their email platform.

#6 SelfTransformingMachineElf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:51 PM

Hey Microbe!  Sorry for the late response - I got tied up with work stuff.

I actually don't care what sort of data ProtonVPN sells of mine - what I really dislike are guys with sunglasses.  Must keep the guys with sunglasses away.  That's all the privacy I want.

• Sidestreet likes this

#7 4sporeand7flushes

4sporeand7flushes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:39 AM

Assume nothing is private, vpn or not.

What I mean by that is if the way they compromise your data is by screen grabs or streaming your screen, no VPN is going to stop it.

Edited by 4sporeand7flushes, 07 April 2021 - 01:21 PM.

• Myc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!